English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 08 August 2003, 16:41   #21
Syko
Now got GSX750F :))

The problem with size is why I producing all mine in PDF format... scan @ 300, run through OCR, clean up in a WP, print to PDF. Easy peasey and small file size results.

PDF factory is shareware - you just get the tag-line on the bottom of each page (unless you register), and it does a good job, so I don't mind promoting it.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 08 August 2003, 21:38   #22
musashi

Hi again,

Did some color correction on a few pages. The yellowing has disappeared but this also affected some of the other colors. Just wondering what you guys think of it. Should I use the `originals' or the adjusted ones?.

the are jpeg2000 can be found in the zone in Afscan-test.rar. I always use the great Irfanview (Irfanview.com)with the plugin set to view these files.

I know the files would be smaller if I used Syko's approach but doesn't that take even more of our precious time? I looked at your A500-HW-upgrd pdf which is great to read and also looked great but how much time did it cost you?

Old 11 August 2003, 14:28   #23
Thalion

Musashi would you mind uploading your scanned AF again? It's not downloadble anymore.

Old 12 August 2003, 02:26   #24
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by musashi
Hi again,

Did some color correction on a few pages. The yellowing has disappeared but this also affected some of the other colors. Just wondering what you guys think of it. Should I use the `originals' or the adjusted ones?.
?!? If you processed the colors in most commercial paint programs, you should be able to adjust out certain color tones whilst not affecting others. I have removed yellowing (ie, age fade) many times and retained the other colors with no problems.

A quick fix would be to use the lasso or crop tool(s) to isolate just the areas with the yellowing, then adjust only those portions of the page.
Old 12 August 2003, 18:02   #25
IanS

I have a load of old CU and AF (and the odd AUI) magazines. I was thinking of disposing of them as they take up a loads of room, but if I get time I could try scanning some of them. Would it be a good idea to find out which issues of each mag people have available, and we could try to fill in any gaps. That way, we might end up with every issue being stored digitally. No more dog eared pages!

Just an idea...
AdSense AdSense