English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 29 July 2003, 02:39   #21
Akira

OOh, controversy, me loves

Quote:
Originally posted by FromWithin
Some of the stuff is musical and technically very impressive. Even his rip-offs are better than the originals (Zoids, Master Of Magic, Commando, Delta).
The fact that he had to rip off other tunes marks him to me as not such a good musician. As I said, I don't think he's bad, but I think he is overrated.
Quote:
Once the technical limitations were removed, most musicians were simply piss-poor.
I'm comparing what I heard here. Rob Hubbard's non-C64 music is shit. Huelsbeck and Tel's non C64 music is good. I am of the thought that technical limitations get the best out of an artist, this is, IMO, one of the reasons why I like old games so much.
Quote:
Not sure who's side you are on here, it's difficult to tell. Are you pro-Tim Follin, or anti-Tim Follin? Rob hubbard, good coder. Tim Follin, brilliant coder. Have you heard his Spectrum 5-channel stuff? It's amazing. And you've got some nerve there calling him an arse because he's a top bloke. He's is a musician purely for the music's sake. The scene is not at all interesting to him. BTW, he recently did the music on Starsky & Hutch. It's pretty damn impressive, as is all of his recent stuff.
OK, maybe I shouldn't have called him an arse, I should have said that people think he's an arse(seems like he insulted some c64 people or something? i don't know). I am one of the few who stand by this guy (nice to see you support him too) because he is a FABULOUS musician in my opinion, and I don't give a shit if the sound player he used on the C64 was not coded by him. He is a musician and, as I said, if he doesn't feel like coding, it's his bloody right to do so. What counts is the end result, and the end result is that Tim Follin is a heckuva fucking great composer, on the C64, Amiga, Atari ST, Spectrum and on a kazoo

Rob Hubbard isn't
AdSense AdSense  
Old 29 July 2003, 21:45   #22
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Send a message via MSN to Djay
if your going to Back in Time live, then PM me and i'll sort out a pub to meet up in!!!
Old 30 July 2003, 00:16   #23
Mark Wright

Quote:
Originally posted by Djay
if your going to Back in Time live, then PM me and i'll sort out a pub to meet up in!!!
Hoppoles! Just round the corner...

best food in Brighton and they have a nice sound system if we hand them a CD of C64 greats.

Can get busy though....

...just about to confirm whether I'm DJing there or not.

Chris promises me it's not all C64 - plenty of ("Michael Jackson" - Ed) too.
Old 30 July 2003, 00:36   #24
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Chris Abbot has informed me that my ticket purchase has gone ahead smoothly, so im set!

It would make sense if all us EAB'ers met up so to speak - be nice to represent the board unofficially.

Although we had best not mention HOL too much as Buzz from Exotica is a sponsor of the event!

Last edited by Antiriad; 30 July 2003 at 00:43.
Old 30 July 2003, 02:06   #25
Akira

I might have missed something.. Buzz = angry at HOL? Come on up Buzz, speak to moi

BTW, if you guys see my bro (thinlega) give him a big hug on my regard, steal his MachineDrum and ship it to me
Old 30 July 2003, 07:53   #26
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
I might have missed something.. Buzz = angry at HOL? Come on up Buzz, speak to moi
Antiriad is joking!
Old 30 July 2003, 09:43   #27
fiath

I was never much into the C64 (having a ZX81 only at the time) - will there be much Amiga stuff at this show?

Also, is it mainly about the music?

Just wondered
Old 30 July 2003, 17:55   #28
Akira

Quote:
Originally posted by fiath
I was never much into the C64 (having a ZX81 only at the time) - will there be much Amiga stuff at this show?

Also, is it mainly about the music?

Just wondered
I wouldn't expect any amiga stuff. The party is mainly about the C64 old days, but yes, the music plays a big part in this one.

They use to make IK+ tourneys and stuff like that (sometimes with fab prizes), and Jeff Minter's VLM show is sugoi!
Old 30 July 2003, 20:27   #29
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Yes i was only kidding FFS. Still he has removed my scan of Side Arms i did for him after i submitted lots of em to HOL
Old 31 July 2003, 10:13   #30
Big-Byte
Long time member

Mort is ordering me a ticket this week so I will be there

He has also given me a VCD of the first back in time event that took place in 2001 in birmingham! Quality is pretty poor and there were not many people at the event but its a right laugh watching a load of pissed up blokes dancing around a C64 to the tune from Comic Bakery / Outrun.

I really dont know if I should make the VCD available on my ftp as I think it may put a lot of people off from going

According to Mort, I understand they are getting about 2000 tickets printed and if they even get a quarter of those sold it should be a good event.
Old 01 August 2003, 19:27   #31
thinlega
.:Part-Time Winner:.

Quote:

BTW, if you guys see my bro (thinlega) give him a big hug on my regard, steal his MachineDrum and ship it to me

he he heee..... I am very tempted to go to this and the free ride down from sheffield would be perfect!!!

and bro keep your grubby hands off my machinedrum!!!!!
Old 01 August 2003, 19:37   #32
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

hey thinlega....what happened to "do di dooo"?
Old 02 August 2003, 13:40   #33
thinlega
.:Part-Time Winner:.

"hey thinlega....what happened to "do di dooo"?"

hummmmmm it was dropped for the Indy Heat (demo only??) person who picks your upgrades for you sadly Danny was droped in the final version and was replaced by a computer.....

however doo di dooo may make a comeback
Old 04 August 2003, 02:07   #34
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
Quote:
[B]I might have missed something.. Buzz = angry at HOL? Come on up Buzz, speak to moi
Angry ? No ? should I be ?
Old 04 August 2003, 02:08   #35
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
Quote:
Originally posted by Antiriad
Yes i was only kidding FFS. Still he has removed my scan of Side Arms i did for him after i submitted lots of em to HOL
I havnt removed any scans. On occasions we replace scans with better quality ones. Perhaps your scan has not made it up on the site yet. Ive hardly touched the gallery for like 1 year!! :-)
Old 28 February 2015, 15:51   #36
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Anyone this year?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...show-of-c64-mu
AdSense AdSense