English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 June 2003, 02:13   #1
andreasdr

How do I configure controls in UAE?

I can't understand the interface under "Input". How do you configure the controls?
If I like to use the arrowkeys and enter for example, how do I configure that?

If I just leave it be, I can't control the games at all, I've tried every single key, but no one is the fire-key.

Help is appreciated!

AdSense AdSense  
Old 28 June 2003, 11:25   #2
Mr Creosote
Evil Mastermind

Under "Game Ports", choose "Cursor keys / Right Ctrl" for "Port 1". Then, you have the cursor keys emulating the joystick movements and right Ctrl acting as the fire button. If you're using WinUAE, I think the same effect can be achieved by choosing the option with the non-telling name "Keyboard layout B".
Old 28 June 2003, 19:21   #3
andreasdr

Ok, I missed that menu, it's the one I used with the old version of WinUAE. (and it's WinUAE I'm using, that's why I posted in the WinUAE forum )
But no matter what config I use I can't get any button to work as the fire button.

Last edited by andreasdr; 28 June 2003 at 20:40.

Old 01 July 2003, 23:04   #4
andreasdr

Would the "Game and I/O-ports-menu" have something to do with it maybe? Is there a certain setting you have to have there?

I just want it to work!

Old 01 July 2003, 23:10   #5
FromWithin
Music lord

Send a message via ICQ to FromWithin Send a message via AIM to FromWithin Send a message via MSN to FromWithin Send a message via Yahoo to FromWithin
Go to the "Input" page and select configuration #1, #2, #3, or #4. The set the right-top-drop-down to "Keyboard". Then you click in the main list at the Amiga key you want to set, and use the drop-down at the bottom to assign it one of your PC keys.
Old 02 July 2003, 17:39   #6
andreasdr

Quote:
Originally posted by FromWithin
Go to the "Input" page and select configuration #1, #2, #3, or #4. The set the right-top-drop-down to "Keyboard". Then you click in the main list at the Amiga key you want to set, and use the drop-down at the bottom to assign it one of your PC keys.
Yeah, that enables me to emulate the Amiga keyboard with my PC-keyboard right? But how do I set a particular button (CTRL for example) to be the fire button? And the cursor keys to be the movement keys for example.

Old 02 July 2003, 23:32   #7
FromWithin
Music lord

Send a message via ICQ to FromWithin Send a message via AIM to FromWithin Send a message via MSN to FromWithin Send a message via Yahoo to FromWithin
Instead of setting a key to another key, you set it to something liked "Joy2 left".
Old 03 July 2003, 20:49   #8
andreasdr

Quote:
Originally posted by FromWithin
Instead of setting a key to another key, you set it to something liked "Joy2 left".
Ah, thanks! It worked. The problem was the game I was testing it with It didn't respond, but other games did.

AdSense AdSense