English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 17 May 2022, 23:10   #1
Solid Snake
Wonderful World Of Amiga

Streetfighter 2 (4 drive support)

O.K, I understand that this was not as good as it could (should) of been. But, it was a controversial game which was best played against a friend.
I came across a pdf guide called "Streetfighter 2 Cracking the MFM & Copy lock Protection. Extending Functionality to Use Upto 4 Disk Drives". Did anyone follow this guide and create disks labelled:
SF2_CRACKED_D1
SF2_CRACK_D2
SF2_CRACK_D3
SF2_CRACK_D4

I don't have an Action Replay or the original disks so I can't attempt this. The Whdload install for this game states that there was a lot of wasted disk space. The game could of fitted easily onto 3 disks! I'm curious, does a 3 disk version exist?

If not, then I would appreciate the 4 Disk version that supports multiple floppy drives. Thanks.
Old 17 May 2022, 23:53   #2
rothers

Off topic a bit, but may as well ask here:

I've never really played it, but I remember seeing it on an A500, and it was slow, but isn't it faster on an A1200? Surely it's closer to being full speed?
Old 18 May 2022, 13:52   #3
Solid Snake
Wonderful World Of Amiga

The original game would only load into the A500. This was later fixed so it would run on an A1200. This version also plays faster too! The hack mentioned in this thread adds multi-drive support, so less disk swapping. This helps improve the gaming experience.
Old 19 May 2022, 23:10   #4
rygar

Attached pdf with hack description
Attached Files
File Type: pdf street-fighter-2-amiga-mfm-protection.pdf (417.0 KB, 84 views)
Old 20 May 2022, 14:09   #5
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Don't need 4 drive support.

Disk 1 is only needed to load up the intro/options, and then game only uses the remaining 3 disks
Old 20 May 2022, 15:19   #6
fryguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
O.K, I understand that this was not as good as it could (should) of been. But, it was a controversial game which was best played against a friend.
I came across a pdf guide called "Streetfighter 2 Cracking the MFM & Copy lock Protection. Extending Functionality to Use Upto 4 Disk Drives". Did anyone follow this guide and create disks labelled:
SF2_CRACKED_D1
SF2_CRACK_D2
SF2_CRACK_D3
SF2_CRACK_D4

I don't have an Action Replay or the original disks so I can't attempt this. The Whdload install for this game states that there was a lot of wasted disk space. The game could of fitted easily onto 3 disks! I'm curious, does a 3 disk version exist?

If not, then I would appreciate the 4 Disk version that supports multiple floppy drives. Thanks.
I guess the easiest way would be do it in WinUAE (it supports cartridge emulation).