English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 11 January 2017, 17:39   #61
cyberhead97

I did some searching and Workbench 3.1 on A4000T is a common issue as that kickstart rom is missing workbench.library. Without any knowledge about that, it might be possible to solve with a special Workbench 3.1 for A4000T or copy workbench.library from BB3.
Old 11 January 2017, 17:59   #62
AMIGASYSTEM

Yes ok, i had imagined, perhaps also it works with kickStart 3000, with this, there are no error messages, screen remains black, likely my Kickstart is corrupted
Old 12 January 2017, 09:04   #63
enzoboss

Tried in FS-UAE and works perfectly thanks.
Just one question in the previous version I remember that there was music in the menu games and demos, I turned on but nothing.
Old 12 January 2017, 10:03   #64
cyberhead97

Great. Yes, I stripped any music for the new releases to not get into clinch with anyone. Music can easily be added.

For AGS2 Games put mod files into DH1:Menu/AGS2Games/Music.
For AGS2 Demos put mod files into DH1:Menu/AGS2Demos/Music.

Then you should be able to turn music on again.
Old 12 January 2017, 11:12   #65
enzoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
Great. Yes, I stripped any music for the new releases to not get into clinch with anyone. Music can easily be added.

For AGS2 Games put mod files into DH1:Menu/AGS2Games/Music.
For AGS2 Demos put mod files into DH1:Menu/AGS2Demos/Music.

Then you should be able to turn music on again.
Added and work, thanks.

Last edited by enzoboss; 11 July 2019 at 08:08.
Old 12 January 2017, 12:36   #66
DamienD
Banned

enzoboss, in your 2nd screenshot there are 3 images. 1st is WB, 2nd is Leander...

Can you tell me what game the 3rd screenshot is from?
Old 13 January 2017, 10:32   #67
enzoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
enzoboss, in your 2nd screenshot there are 3 images. 1st is WB, 2nd is Leander...

Can you tell me what game the 3rd screenshot is from?
Nemac IV.
Old 13 January 2017, 12:20   #68
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzoboss View Post
Nemac IV.
Cheers
Old 25 January 2017, 11:37   #69
pixSCN

Up and running with the games (5-6GB in total) spread over two 4GB HDF files on my MiST. :-) Remembered that you can use the assign command with the "ADD" parameter to add more directories to the same assign. Very handy.
Old 26 January 2017, 21:54   #70
cyberhead97

Nice, I didn't know assign command can be used to make multiple directories appear as one with ADD parameter. Thats very usefull indeed. I guess I'm still learning AmigaOS.
Old 03 February 2017, 16:49   #71
pixSCN

Quote:
Nice, I didn't know assign command can be used to make multiple directories appear as one with ADD parameter. Thats very usefull indeed. I guess I'm still learning AmigaOS.
Hah, same here. It's quite handy if you're dealing with large collections etc. But it seems to look for the files in the order you're adding directories. If there's an overlap in files or folders, it'll go for the version found in the first directory you assigned.

I found this out when I got nothing but whdload errors about missing files. I double and triple checked that I had all the files. Then I remembered to check the other partition. Found out I had the same folders there, but without the files...
Old 11 February 2017, 14:08   #72
cyberhead97

Last couple of weeks I have been testing and finalizing the next version of HstWB Installer. Before releasing it, I want to have proper documentation describing how HstWB Installer works. I have been updating readme here https://github.com/henrikstengaard/hstwb-installer/, which has been now describes how it actually works very detailed instead of the idea I originally had.

It's almost complete and I'm currently writing step by step examples of how to use it with screenshots:
- Example 1: Create an image using install mode: COMPLETE.
- Example 2: Create an image using build self install mode: TODO.
- Example 3: Running self install using test mode: TODO.
- Example 4: Writing an image to CF/SD card using Win32DiskImager: TODO.
- Example 5: Installing an image on a RaspBerry Pie with RetroPie: TODO.

After that I will write briefly about how to configure and use HstWB Workbench setup.

As you can see I have extended HstWB Installer with support for creating UAE4ARM images. You can read more about this in the updated readme link above.

I also want to support creating images for MiST Amiga core, but I don't own a MiST and can't find much information about what's possible. Someone mentioned that it has 4GB limits for HDF files, which I guess is due to placing them on a FAT32 partition sd-card installed in the MiST. To get above 4GB limit it seems its possible to mount 1-2 so called MMC partitions as master and slave, which could be size just below 8GB, since MiST Amiga core seems to have a limitation of 8GB for harddrives according to some comments here http://somuch.guru/minimig/minimig-mist/. Sounds like a SD-card for MiST could have the following partitions:
1. 100MB: FAT32 for MiST system and Amiga Core.
2. ~7.9GB raw partition for Amiga core as master.
3. ~7.9GB raw partition for Amiga core as slave.

As you can read I lack knowledge about MiST and would appreciate if someone with experience using MiST configuring this could me.
Old 22 February 2017, 14:35   #73
cyberhead97

I got permission from Bloodwych to include his very popular ClassicWB setups. Big thanks, Bloodwych .

As a test run I converted ClassicWB Lite v28 to a HstWB Installer package and it works really smooth. The ClassicWB installation has been adjusted, so most waits and "Press ENTER to continue" are removed to speed up the process.

I took screenshots of the installation, which is attached for those interested .

This means I will be converting ClassicWB versions FULL, ADV, ADVSP and 68K to packages in the near future. Maybe others depending on demand.

I have also added a new installer mode called "Build Self Install With Package Selection", which can be seen on the last screenshot. Basically it's identical to "Build Self Install", but instead of installing all configured packages, it presents a menu allowing selecting of which packages should be installed.

I find this mode really useful as I can build a self installing HDF image and make the user select what they want depending on where it's used in an emulator or on a real Amiga .

The readme for HstWB Installer https://github.com/henrikstengaard/hstwb-installer is beginning to look more and more complete as I'm only missing following examples:
- Example 3: Running self install in an emulator or on real Amiga (missing running part)
- Example 5: Installing an image on a RaspBerry Pie with RetroPie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hstwb-installer-classicwb1.png
Views:	682
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	52150   Click image for larger version

Name:	hstwb-installer-classicwb2.png
Views:	720
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	52151   Click image for larger version

Name:	hstwb-installer-classicwb3.png
Views:	671
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	52152   Click image for larger version

Name:	hstwb-installer-classicwb4.png
Views:	666
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	52153   Click image for larger version

Name:	hstwb-installer-classicwb5.png
Views:	710
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	52154  

Name:	hstwb-installer-package-selection.png
Views:	744
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	52156  
Old 25 February 2017, 08:44   #74
pixSCN

Quote:
I also want to support creating images for MiST Amiga core, but I don't own a MiST and can't find much information about what's possible. Someone mentioned that it has 4GB limits for HDF files, which I guess is due to placing them on a FAT32 partition sd-card installed in the MiST. To get above 4GB limit it seems its possible to mount 1-2 so called MMC partitions as master and slave, which could be size just below 8GB, since MiST Amiga core seems to have a limitation of 8GB for harddrives according to some comments here http://somuch.guru/minimig/minimig-mist/. Sounds like a SD-card for MiST could have the following partitions:
1. 100MB: FAT32 for MiST system and Amiga Core.
2. ~7.9GB raw partition for Amiga core as master.
3. ~7.9GB raw partition for Amiga core as slave.

As you can read I lack knowledge about MiST and would appreciate if someone with experience using MiST configuring this could me.
The 4GB limit is due to FAT32, yes. Easily solved by using two HDF files and the "ADD" assign parameter, though. Never tried making partitions on the SD card itself. Might give it a try on day. (But how would one go about getting the files on those partitions? Directly via your installer? Formatting/setting up in UAE and then copying over the files from a HDF made with your installer?)

Let me know if there's something I can help with.
Old 25 February 2017, 20:47   #75
cyberhead97

Quote:
But how would one go about getting the files on those partitions? Directly via your installer? Formatting/setting up in UAE and then copying over the files from a HDF made with your installer?
Partitioning the SD-card would be quite simple and the tricky part is how to transfer the 4GB+ HDF to a partition. My best bet is to use a command like "dd" for Linux or OSX. A port is available for Windows called "dd for Windows".

DD can be used to backup and restore a disk or partition, which could then be used to write HDF file to a partition with following command:

Code:
dd if=/tmp/dh0.hdf of=/dev/sdx2
Essentially it means take dh0.hdf and write it to partition /dev/sdx2 on Linux. Paths would be different on Windows.

It could be interesting to create and test a img for either 8GB or 16GB sd-card with a 100MB FAT32 for MiST core and kickstart and 1-2 partitions with HDF files written to them.

But this makes it difficult to transfer large amount files to and from the Amiga. I not sure if WinUAE or FS-UAE supports mounting partitions. I know both can mount entire harddrives.

Anyway it could be fun to create and test such and img.
Old 03 March 2017, 15:32   #76
cyberhead97

ClassicWB LITE and FULL are now converted to a HstWB Installer package.

I have also updated EAB Menu Packages with AGS2 and iGame screenshots and details, so the whdload games and demos menus will work in both HstWB and ClassicWB installations.

This means that HstWB Installer can install ClassicWB with AGS2 and iGame ready to use including kickstarts for whdload, where users only have to copy in their whdload games and demos .

I have attached screenshots of ClassicWB FULL installed with EAB WHDLoad Games AGA Menu package.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hstwb_installer_classicwb_full1.png
Views:	625
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	52337   Click image for larger version

Name:	hstwb_installer_classicwb_full2.png
Views:	657
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	52338   Click image for larger version

Name:	hstwb_installer_classicwb_full3.png
Views:	649
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	52339   Click image for larger version

Name:	hstwb_installer_classicwb_full4.png
Views:	787
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	52340  
Old 04 March 2017, 01:42   #77
ransom1122

This is some fantastic work. It is great that you share your progress with us along the way. Thank you.
Old 22 March 2017, 22:02   #78
cyberhead97

ClassicWB ADV is also converted to a HstWB Installer package... soon to be followed by ADVSP and P96.

I introduced a new install mode called "Build Package Installation", which builds a script with package selection dialog for only configured packages. This mode allows users to install packages on their existing Workbench installations as a package installation is completely independent from HstWB. It could be used to install newer updated packages when released. I have attached screenshots of package installation in action.

I completed documentation for EAB WHDLoad Games AGA Menu package here https://github.com/henrikstengaard/e...a-menu-package. It describes in detail what it includes and how to use the configure menus script and allows users to add, rename and delete games or demos from AGS2 menus. It can also update AGS2 menus to only show AGS2 menu items for games or demos that are installed as the installed AGS2 menus will show all by default regardless of games or demos being installed or not. I have added screenshots of EAB WHDLoad Games AGA Menu package to show what features it contains.

These EAB WHDLoad packages have been updated to work with any Workbench installation (I hope) currently tested with HstWB, ClassicWB and plain Workbench. It installs iGame and does therefore require MUI installed, which HstWB and some ClassicWB installation have preinstalled.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	package_installation1.png
Views:	628
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	52582   Click image for larger version

Name:	package_installation2.png
Views:	637
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	52583   Click image for larger version

Name:	package_installation3.png
Views:	665
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	52584   Click image for larger version

Name:	package_installation4.png
Views:	642
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	52585  
Old 19 April 2017, 22:00   #79
cyberhead97

A lot has happened since my last update…

I updated github markdown readme for almost all packages including screenshots. Then I wanted readme can be viewed within Workbench and to accomplish this I have created a powershell script that converts readme markdown into Amiga guide file. It even takes screenshots and converts them into iff and handles links in Amiga guide to view screenshots using multiview. These readme guide are also installed into SYS:Locale/Help and can be viewed anytime for help about of the packages installed.

The only package missing readme details is HstWB Package, which is my own Workbench enhancement with build-in Blizzard, Furia and ACA accelerator configuration support.

ClassicWB ADV, ADVSP, FULL, LITE, P96 have all been converted to packages. I do also plan to convert ClassicWB 68K, but this has low priority.

The build package installation mode has also been documented and added to HstWB Installer readme with tutorials about how to build a package installation and how to run it in either an emulator or on real hardware.

After a lot of testing and tweaking, the package installation in a quite stable state now and I have uploaded a HstWB Package Installation Preview.zip to my dropbox with all 4 EAB WHDLoad Games/Demos AGA/OCS Menu packages, so anyone can try it out on their AGA or OCS/ECS Amiga hardware. I have put a lot effort into making this work on any Workbench (3.5 and 3.9 is untested), which makes it possible to easily install it into your favourite Workbench setup. Please try viewing the readme from the package installation and use the edit assigns to change destination where packages will be installed. Note that the packages does not delete anything, but will change Startup-Sequence and Assign-Startup or User-Assign depending on Workbench. I would recommend making a backup before trying the package installation or use a fresh installation of ClassicWB of a plain Workbench 3.1.

When ready, use "Tutorial 5: Running package installation in an emulator or on real Amiga" at HstWB Installer as a guide to try out HstWB Package Installation Preview.

The really nice thing with the package installation, is that I can easily make a new one when I would have updated any packages and share it with the Amiga community. It will also be possible to build your own package installations with the packages of any preference.

I’m now very close to making a new updated release of HstWB Installer with all these updates, so please give the package installation a try and let me know what think of it
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	run_package_installation_4.png
Views:	622
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	52844   Click image for larger version

Name:	run_package_installation_5.png
Views:	689
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	52845   Click image for larger version

Name:	run_package_installation_6.png
Views:	589
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	52846   Click image for larger version

Name:	run_package_installation_7.png
Views:	603
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	52847   Click image for larger version

Name:	run_package_installation_8.png
Views:	593
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	52848  

Name:	run_package_installation_9.png
Views:	615
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	52849   Click image for larger version

Name:	run_package_installation_11.png
Views:	637
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	52850   Click image for larger version

Name:	run_package_installation_14.png
Views:	591
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	52852  
Old 19 April 2017, 22:35   #80
DamienD
Banned

Well, I have to say that this isn't something that I'd personally use but... it doesn't stop me from appreciating / acknowledging your extremely hard efforts.

Well done indeed cyberhead97!!!

I've been reading your thread from the beginning and you've been going from strength to strength with every update

I can't even begin to imagine how much time / effort / testing you've put into this for the benefit of the community. Friggin' awesome!!!