English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 27 April 2017, 20:44   #1
ViLXDRYAD
Avocado lover

PS1 Amiga-ish intro collection by Par4d0X

yoo, idk if this is on-forum-topic enough BUT i also upload this for preservation

who ever put an old game cd on the ps1 and got an amazing amiga-like trainer/libcrack/intro?

this is a intro collection made by the legendary ps1 hackers Par4d0X, it contains about all known intros ever made for the ps1 from lots of groups; these intros looks all like they were ripped off an amiga, also they all plays amiga .mod files

this was uploaded on paradogs.com site way back cropped in a lot of parts lol, and since the site went offline the only way to find out this compilation is via the internet archive so i did the work of post it here so it can be massified

Here is the bin/cue image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ueksn72zk0...-coll.zip?dl=1

you can directly burn it on a cd and play it on real hardware, or load it in your favorite emulator =' 3
Old 27 April 2017, 21:00   #2
DamienD
Banned

Coolio, many thanks

...me loves old skool cracktros; hence one of the reasons why I still use .ADFs in WinUAE.

This Paradox cracktro on Ivan ''Ironman'' Stewart's Super Off Road is an absolute classic:

...Do you feel it Angels?
Old 27 April 2017, 22:35   #3
Estrayk

Old 27 April 2017, 23:05   #4
ViLXDRYAD
Avocado lover

this is epic, no words; thanks Estrayk! i am very pleassed to have the honour of your show off here lmao

also thanks for years of awesome music on Par4d0X and your own!

also lmfao do you mean this one? [ Show youtube player ] yes this is amazing lmao
Old 28 April 2017, 09:23   #5
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

You dont need to obscure the word Paradox when you write it
Old 28 April 2017, 23:02   #6
ViLXDRYAD
Avocado lover

o i though it was so how it everyone writes it when talking about the group ;-; at least after seeying a thread on pouet where people though it was a homebrew group name rather than a crack/warez one ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; rip
Old 30 April 2017, 09:09   #7
Jope
-

Perhaps leave the cute l33tcase for .nfo files. :-)
Old 30 April 2017, 22:49   #8
cv643d

That assfuc*ing intro, I always thought it was tasteless, why do people like it so much? I get there was a group called Angels.
Old 30 April 2017, 22:52   #9
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv643d View Post
That assfuc*ing intro, I always thought it was tasteless, why do people like it so much? I get there was a group called Angels.
The reason why people like it is because there was many inter group 'battles' and slanging matches, usually just a message in a scroller taking the piss out of the group or member, but Paradox took it to a whole new level by dedicating the entire intro design to slagging off Angels.
Old 30 April 2017, 23:11   #10
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Yes it was shocking, but I remember it well from my youth, so at least to me it's a classic
Old 05 May 2017, 17:29   #11
Jope
-

Quote:
My opinion: we were all around 13-16 years old when it was new and it was soooo edgy. The parents would have thrown a fit if they had seen it.

And of course everything the parents don't understand is teh coolest to a kid growing up, so everyone remembers it. But like it so much? I'd just say everyone remembers it, but they don't necessarily like it.. At least I don't. :-)
Old 09 May 2017, 07:30   #12
ViLXDRYAD
Avocado lover

to be real honest, i do not find this the most produced nor visually mind blowing intro ever; neither is below my to 100 BUT i must recognize this intro rocks in much other ways =' D

also my bad for the qt1337c453 ;-; not doing so anymore lol
Old 09 May 2017, 08:39   #13
drHirudo
Amiga user

The collection was my favourite on the PS1. I loved the Jogeir's CD track. I've uploaded the mods long time ago on aminet - here -> http://aminet.net/package/mods/sets/pdx-herc
Old 09 May 2017, 09:10   #14
ViLXDRYAD
Avocado lover

Estrayk made it to one of my most fond ps1 intro chiptunes ever it was her8.mod that appeared on my old Final Fantasy IX cd lmao, btw time ago i found a nice intro-like her collection by paradox for windows here http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=5022

they are a time-less piece of art for sure
Old 09 May 2017, 16:46   #15
deicidal
Registered Insane

Quote:
yup seem to remember it was in response to this http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=6455
Old 09 May 2017, 22:50   #16
ViLXDRYAD
Avocado lover

never heard of that group before, also is neat to know some back story to it; still do not get what Angels had against paradox if they made that intro before them

btw there were a lot of group wars back then; why the scene can not just be nice to each other tho? lmao
Old 12 May 2017, 16:55   #17
deicidal
Registered Insane

I don't think the rattles ever stayed in the prams back then, happy days
Old 24 May 2017, 20:38   #18
ViLXDRYAD
Avocado lover

hopefully is so, i remember demoscene groups being all like, we are god, the competence sucks, thanks to TRSi . Razor1911... back then lmao