Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	23031

It's Win XP
Left of the clock is the Taskbar and right the systray
Left bigbutton starts FreeCommander the right boots into WB3.9
Startmenu Programms etc is in the Rightclick menu
+ some shortcuts for Powershell/search etc
Do you need more?

But serious: to change some icons is not Customizing, it's essential as long programs don't have the icons which fits to your WB.

EDIT:I'm writing way to slow - Deleauvive was the last i start writing
Old 24 October 2009, 01:00   #262
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
If it can be achieved by simply installing a NewIcon set, then great.

But I wouldn't be so confident as it to be as straightforward as it seems (just like the differences Kitty experienced between ClassicWB default appearance and her's with Copper Daemon)
Old 24 October 2009, 01:03   #263
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleauvive View Post
But I wouldn't be so confident as it to be as straightforward as it seems (just like the differences Kitty experienced between ClassicWB default appearance and her's with Copper Daemon)
What about just letting find it out herself? I bet tomcat666 can give her quite good instructions if she woukld like it 'look exactly like this' Seriously what's your point then?

@tero
Sick desktop Nice effort nonetheless
Old 24 October 2009, 01:08   #264
Kitty

Anyone have any idea what font tomcat666 is using in that pic? I pm'd him but he's offline I think.
Old 24 October 2009, 01:21   #265
NewDeli
Banned

@Kitty
A real pefectionist would go for the real thing (A1200, Blizzard acc. card and stuff...), 'cause Amiga emulation would be approximated, incomplete again for years to come, despite Toni's best efforts.
OR for emulating systems that have virtually no more secrets to be unveiled to the user base, like 8-bit class computers or consoles.

@TCD
My 'point' (although it's still being discussed, I haven't really made any 'point' yet) is that I can't see a focus in all these woes and wishes Kitty is reporting, because ultimately she doesn't take that free WB stuff for what it is :
A mean to play around (games, demos, creation suites whatever) with the TOSEC/WHD pack content. Also, I am not too sure she's well aware of 3.1 limitations, all the more so when being emulated.
I guess tomcat666, Bloodwych and others are operating within these well-known to them limits and that does make their customization efforts quite a challenge for a newcomer, don't u think ?
Old 24 October 2009, 01:27   #266
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
@TCD
My 'point' (although it's still being discussed, I haven't really made any 'point' yet) is that I can't see a focus in all these woes and wishes Kitty is reporting, because ultimately she doesn't take that free WB stuff for what it is :
A mean to play around (games, demos, creation suites whatever) with the TOSEC/WHD pack content. Also, I am not too sure she's well aware of 3.1 limitations, all the more so when being emulated.
You still question Kitty for customizing her WB? Still don't see why you keep doing that.

Quote:
I guess tomcat666, Bloodwych and others are operating within these well-known to them limits and that does make their customization efforts quite a challenge for a newcomer, don't u think ?
She asked a quite simple question how to get icons to look like the ones on tomcat666's screenshot. So, no I don't think that's a 'challenge for a newcomer' rather than a new thing to learn.
Old 24 October 2009, 01:30   #267
tero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Anyone have any idea what font tomcat666 is using in that pic? I pm'd him but he's offline I think.
If you mean the 'Effekt' of the icons:
Turn on the font shadows in
System:Expansion/Scalos/Prefs/scalos
go to 'Icons' tab and change 'Textmode'

Note the colors:Text=Black and Shadow=White

@TCD
The big idea of the desktop is to save system Ressources, together with many 'hidden' tweaks i'm able to play Risen/GTA4/Gothic3/X3 smoothly on a 2ghz machine. (and not on the lowest settings)

EDIT: It happens again....
Old 24 October 2009, 01:32   #268
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tero View Post
@TCD
The big idea of the desktop is to save system Ressources, together with many 'hidden' tweaks i'm able to play Risen/GTA4/Gothik3/X3 smoothly on a 2ghz machine. (and not on the lowest settings)

EDIT: It happens again....
Yes, yes it does
Btw : Interesting option with the shadows on Scalos
Old 24 October 2009, 01:34   #269
tero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Yes, yes it does
Old man's learning slow
Old 24 October 2009, 01:35   #270
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tero View Post
Old man's learning slow
Tis okay, I got the idea mate
Old 24 October 2009, 01:50   #271
NewDeli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
She asked a quite simple question how to get icons to look like the ones on tomcat666's screenshot.
Not quite. She asked for her WB desktop to look exactly like his, not just the icons.

And you're well-aware I am not questionning anybody's freedom to arrange their WB the way they want it to, aren't you ? I am just saying if it is not done with new discoveries in mind, it might not be worth the effort (meaning you don't learn by "copying" someone else's setup, but your best interest is probably to take it as a starting point to build your own).
And truth to be told, I just can't see any point in setting up a wallpaper in 3.1. My eyes hurt !
Old 24 October 2009, 01:55   #272
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
And you're well-aware I am not questionning anybody's freedom to arrange their WB the way they want it to, aren't you ?
Actually I do. Can't see any purpose than that in your posts. Did you give her any hints how to get there or any further? I think not.
Old 24 October 2009, 02:13   #273
tero

Quote:
She asked for her WB desktop to look exactly like his, not just the icons.

I am just saying if it is not done with new discoveries in mind, it might not be worth the effort (meaning you don't learn by "copying" someone else's setup, but your best interest is probably to take it as a starting point to build your own).
Copying is a very good way to learn: you get an idea how things are working, what is needed and so on...
After all it saves much time compared to figure out everything on your own
And thereafter you get that setup as good starting point for prefered customizings
customize the optics is much easier then setting up a WB with all it's stuff
Old 24 October 2009, 02:33   #274
NewDeli
Banned

@TCD
That's because although I trust Kitty to be willing to make her way through Amiga emulation, each progress/discovery being made (using a proper A1200 config, sticking with such flavor of classicWB...) seem rather volatile to me.

What if tomcat666 reply was "I used a plain 3.1 WB, not ClassicWB", that would probability be a case of Kitty asking again how to solve the 3.1 border issue... May be you don't mind, and I can live with it but I think that would be a bit sad.

The constant revolving around WB "pimping" (since it appears it probably won't increase its usability) looks to me like someone still at the stage of discussing about the benefits taking the plundge (as to using the WB for clearly defined tasks, which I hope you have nothing against, since it's only natural for it to happen at one stage or another).
Old 24 October 2009, 10:31   #275
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
well Deleauvive why don`t you try to emulate said workbench rather than trolling

then perhapse you could offer some insights as how to do it
Old 24 October 2009, 10:35   #276
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

@Deleauvive
Hmm, Kitty asked a quite straightforward question. tero gave her some good hints and since tomcat666 has that setup the way she likes it (for now), he can surely tell her how to do it (I doubt that tomcat won't be able to adopt it to her current setup). All I can read in your posts is that Kitty shouldn't do that and I can't see why. Maybe she even tries to change to that 'look' in different WB setups she has. I think that's a really good step in getting the grips of icons in WB and she'll surely have a lot more questions Maybe supporting her when you can is a much better way than just question each thing that she tries to achieve.
Old 24 October 2009, 10:48   #277
Kitty

Quote:
Where do I change the colors for this?
Old 24 October 2009, 10:55   #278
DH
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Awesomeness

Is there any way to change the games & demo icons, so they look a bit better?

Nice choice Kitty, looks awesome

Quote:
And truth to be told, I just can't see any point in setting up a wallpaper in 3.1. My eyes hurt !
Meaning???

EDIT: So you don't like *MY* graphical contributions for EAB, Amiga and the dedicated to Fairlight wallpapers???

EDIT2: And before you start by saying I don't make any valuable contributions in this thread, and that my contributions are superficial, take another look, I don't need to say anything, the proof is in what Kitty is using

Last edited by DH; 24 October 2009 at 11:12.
Old 24 October 2009, 11:33   #279
Kitty

Quote:
Where do I change the colors for this?

Also icon installer wont let me change Ram Disk Icon Any ideas about this?

(Dont worry DemonHellraiser, I will add the wallpaper back when I'm done fiddling with icons )
Old 24 October 2009, 11:52   #280
Kitty

Actually I dont think I got New Icons installed the Ram Icon and also the game folders seem to be glow icons, maybe why I cant change Ram Disk Icon?