English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 03 October 2001, 03:35   #1
turk182

Hooooo Winuae with avi output

I saw this appear somewhere a couple of weeks ago ,a version of winuae with avi video output anyone got the address for me ,I forgot to bookmark it doh!
:hooooo
Old 03 October 2001, 04:52   #2
Amigaboy

http://www.agnus.org.uk/WinUAE-AVI/

This project is done by §ane and isn't linked to the actual development of WinUAE

Old 03 October 2001, 13:35   #3
turk182

thank yee Kindly sir !
Old 03 October 2001, 19:30   #4
§ane

New version released!

I've just released a new version based on the latest WinUAE 0.8.17 R2

Contains many bugs fixes and improvements, enjoy!
[ http://www.agnus.org.uk/WinUAE-AVI/ ]
Old 03 October 2001, 22:36   #5
Ian
Global Moderator

A job well done, thanks §ane
Old 03 October 2001, 22:48   #6
Amigaboy

Now all we need is WinUAE with Kaillera, Screenshots and AVI Output all in one neat little package

Old 03 October 2001, 23:08   #7
Ian
Global Moderator

Amigaboy your forgeting something

The DM2 AGA fix should also be included
Old 04 October 2001, 18:01   #8
turk182

Big grin

Cool an Update

How about a completey hacked version of winuae to make specific games work anyway , it might be a cool thing to do
Old 20 November 2001, 16:31   #9
turk182

Hi @ Sane I tried to email you using the board ,I ll try here now
Can you make it so that we can record wav/raw/ output of the sound to a said file ,rather than avi audio only?
thanks
Old 20 November 2001, 17:20   #10
§ane

I sent you a reply not long ago, in case you didn't receive it i'll post it here.

This is covered in the FAQ and is currently not an option, i might think about implementing it in future versions, but at the moment i am busy with other things.

However as stated in the FAQ, you can use a third party program to extract the audio from the AVI.

A program called GoldWave allows you to do just this, which you can download from the following site.
http://www.goldwave.com/

To get the best sounding results, select the audio codec to output PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) this is the same format as used in uncompressed WAV. The quality of the stream is determined by the Frequency and Sample type settings in WinUAE's sound options, be sure to set these to your desired setting before selecting a codec, i recommend 44100 Hz, 16 bit, Stereo with Sound Emulation 100% accurate and Interpolation disabled since your playback software will most likely apply it's own Interpolation to the sound.

Once your AVI is recorded, it is as simple as dragging the file into GoldWave, after the AVI is processed and the Audio is extracted, editing can begin. GoldWave supports saving or loading MP3, WAV or even Amiga IFF and a multitude of other formats, it is truly one of the best digital audio editors around.

Here is some example output from GoldWave using the Lame MP3 codec (available as an optional download).
http://sane.myip.org/Turrican_III_The_Second_Floor.mp3
The track has been edited so that seamless looping is possible with the right playback software.
Old 20 November 2001, 19:03   #11
turk182

Thanks mate , I use goldwave quite a bit ,So Im suprised I missed this !, never mind !..Ill give it a go!
Strange I didnt recieve anything either from you , is the email icon thing working?
Old 21 November 2001, 09:43   #12
Riempie
Amiga freak

Recording

Is there no other way to speed up the record time? I mean, I wanted to record the OS loading in AIAB and start a WHDload game. I wanted to show people how cool and easy this is. But it takes ages to record something. Ok, I know it's CPU-intensive, but I just can't wait for a a 1 minute AVI being recorded in 3 hours time (it runs at 1 or 3 fps). Impossible to double-click an icon at 1 or 3 fps btw....
And the start of the recording can't be turned on at a certain point while the emulation is already running?
Old 21 November 2001, 15:32   #13
§ane

Re: Recording

Quote:
Originally posted by Riempie
I wanted to record the OS loading in AIAB and start a WHDload game.
I should have mentioned this in the FAQ, because of that fact that the screen dimensions must remain consistent throughout the AVI, recording picasso modes is not a possibility, as the AVI dimensions are set on the first frame, when workbench loads and the display is changed to picasso, the AVI dimensions will have changed and capture will cease.

But not only this, i have just discovered a bug that prohibits AIAB and the like from booting, for some weird reason after selecting a location for the AVI, workbench will no longer load past the CLI, obviously has something to do with file paths and i will look into it.

If it weren't for this bug it might have been possible to record picasso modes providing you set WinUAE's display dimensions to equal that of the workbench setting.

I just had an idea, how about i make the AVI dimensions independent to WinUAE's, so we could for example set the AVI to output at a fixed size of say 800x600, if WinUAE changes to another mode whether it be a higher or lower resolution, the AVI will be cropped or centered respectively. I think thats a good idea actually and i will work on it right now

Quote:
Is there no other way to speed up the record time? I wanted to show people how cool and easy this is. But it takes ages to record something. Ok, I know it's CPU-intensive, but I just can't wait for a a 1 minute AVI being recorded in 3 hours time (it runs at 1 or 3 fps).
Sorry, nothing can be done about this, besides lowering the output resolution. Upgrading your CPU will make all the difference.

Quote:
And the start of the recording can't be turned on at a certain point while the emulation is already running?
Currently, no. Although one possibility is using the save-state feature, saving the game at the point at which you would like capture to start then restarting WinUAE and loading in the state before starting the emulation. This method will work for most games, but will crash under picasso modes.
Old 21 November 2001, 16:55   #14
Riempie
Amiga freak

Thanks

Thanks for your reply,

I should make a HD-partition without picasso screens, I think this would make it a bit faster. I made an AVI of Kick Off 2 running and I even managed to score a goal at a low frame speed. Without the Picasso mode turned on, it does go a bit faster, still slow, but enough to capture some video.
Old 24 November 2001, 22:55   #15
§ane

New version released!

http://www.agnus.org.uk/WinUAE-AVI/

What's New?
---------------------------------------------------------
ADDED: Feature to set fixed AVI dimensions independent to that of WinUAE, resolves issues with recording picasso modes.
ADDED: Audio capture now allows frequencies of upto 48kHz.
ADDED: Filter to remove certain incompatible audio codecs.
FIXED: Unexpected crash after selecting an audio codec numerous times.
FIXED: Filename selector no longer changes current program directory causing virtual Hard Drives with relative paths to fail.
FIXED: Improved error handling, tidier code etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winuaeavi.gif
Views:	407
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	1380  
Old 25 November 2001, 19:03   #16
Riempie
Amiga freak

http://www25.brinkster.com/vev67/index.html
Old 28 November 2001, 12:15   #17
oldpx