English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 12 September 2009, 11:07   #1
Applehammer

IBrowse Keyfile

Hi everyone,

I am a returning Amiga user after a gap period of approximately 5 years. I've setup a rather nice AmigaOS installation on WinUAE for now, but am in the process of obtaining some real hardware to play with.

Having setup an AmigaOS installation, I'm trying to put all my old apps back on it. A lot of the apps I used before required keyfiles, which I always paid for myself. I've been able to retrieve most of them because I kept a 2004 backup of my System and Work partitions. A quick search for files ending in .key revealed most of my old keyfiles.

Unfortunately my IBrowse keyfile did not appear in the results, and I've been unable to find it so far. Can I ask the forum members, what is the keyfile normally called and where would it be installed? I'm hoping that armed with this information I can take another look at my backups and retrieve the required file.

If not... well then I guess I'll just have to buy a new one - if you still can.

I did notice that a new browser (Origyn) has been released for AmigaOS and on their site they do make reference to an OS3.9 version, but I was not able to find a download link to anything other than an OS4.x version. Any ideas?

Cheers everyone.

Applehammer.

Old 12 September 2009, 11:23   #2
StevenJGore
Amiga Fanatic

It's called "IBrowse2Key" and mine's in the main IBrowse directory.

If you can't find it, you won't be able to buy a new one, but google is your friend!

Steve.
Old 12 September 2009, 11:36   #3
Applehammer

Hmmm, no I'm not able to find it. I can find my old Voyager key, but not IBrowse.

Now, I did have a floppy disk specifically for backing up all my old Keyfiles and I'm certain it'll be on there. But... where is that Floppy Disk now...

Thanks for your help anyway

Applehammer

Old 12 September 2009, 12:17   #4
Boot_WB
Novice in the Black Arts

Owb 68k Url

http://strohmayer.org/files/OWB_m68k_1.6.lha

This seems to be the latest version available - just found by incrementing the version number in the URL.

I've not found any direct link on Bernd's website, so I suspect he is kindly keeping it available whilst not actively offering any support for it.

Regards

Rich
Old 13 September 2009, 10:11   #5
Cammy

You won't be able to run OWB unless you've got 128MB RAM, an RTG card and a lot of patience. Of course, it works through UAE just fine. There's another alternative, Netsurf, which is less developed but requires less RAM/CPU power. IBrowse is still the best option for classic Amigas, but unfortunately at the moment it's impossible to buy new keys for it until IBrowse 2.5 is released. IB2.5 is coming though, I think the team is just looking for a new publisher.
Old 14 September 2009, 11:25   #6
MagerValp

Is it possible to run IBrowse on a separate screen, or is it limited to living in a Workbench window? I looked through the settings but didn't find anything.
Old 14 September 2009, 13:13   #7
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Use MUI settings (from within IBrowse) to tell IBrowse to open on a custom screen.
Old 14 September 2009, 19:48   #8
MagerValp

Ah! Thanks.
Old 14 October 2009, 21:11   #9
utri007
mä vaan

Netsurf

There is allso 68k netsurf, wich is much more usable than 68k OWB

Is a big change that we get prober version of netsuft for 68k amigas, there is a another project going, wich will implement MUI gui and doesn't have any sdl stuff.