English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 17 August 2001, 18:13   #41
Amiga1992

Akira is indeed a TRAVESTY OF A GAME. I thought the same about the bike sections, and after you pass them, you realize those were the best part of the game.

I also thought Prime Mover was quiet cool, though my favorite bike racing game is Super Cycles from Epyx, for the C64. I remember that was the first game I ever beat! (without cheating of course!)

And surely many modern BEUs could have been ported to the miggy... I'd like to see those someday on the Amiga, done byfans or something.
Old 20 August 2001, 13:42   #42
Tim Janssen

Question Digital Dungeon

Has anyone of you ever heard of Digital Dungeon? This game got a meagre score of 1.5% in German magazine Amiga Joker way back in 1993. With this program you can create your own RPG. Looking at the screenshots it has to be the worst game ever released on Amiga.

I have also noticed that I have some of the crap games mentioned here in my Amiga collection. Here are my comments:
Prime Mover is an okay but somewhat boring game. I think it is better than Road Rash because it has smoother scrolling. Strange that Prime Mover never got the recognition it deserves.
If the ZX Spectrum would be capable to display more than 4 colours without colourclashing, a game would look something like Amiga Chubby Gristle . Unbelievable bad graphics and antiquated gameplay make it a cult-game, though.
Old 20 August 2001, 17:17   #43
Peanutuk

bad?

I thought Robocop 3 was very good. It was novel and well executed. It certainly made a change to Ocean's usual drivel.
I kind of enjoyed Cisco Heat as well. I played the AP demo a lot.
Line Of Fire was a God awful conversion (although not as bad as the appaling C64 version)

There's no doubt in my mind though that the worst game ever was the one which Commodore played with the Amiga. That really was poor!
Old 20 August 2001, 17:52   #44
Burge
Get ready, Agent

Re: Sorry to bring such an old thread back to life, but ...

Quote:
Originally posted by IanCharge
... I just have to include this as yet unmentioned game, now I don't know why no-one has added this already, maybe it's because your minds have blocked out this hidious game ie: It's to painful for you to remember but it's a prime example of everything an Amiga game should NOT be ...... A direct Atari ST port, for god sake could the fine programmers at Elite (Tounge firmly in cheek) at least upgrade the music and SFX.

In short this game is THE worst game I've EVER played and it's called:

Thun ...... No, no it's too painful to say.

Ian's mind: Come on Ian pull yourself together man

THUNDERCATS

There I've said it, I hope your all satisfied
Are you trying to lose all creditability by choice, Ian? Come on, Thundercats was never that bad. The sprites were big and well animated and come on, it was Thundercats for cyring out loud! The licence alone should save it from being labled worst ever. How 'bout you give it another go? Good.
Old 10 September 2001, 15:39   #45
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Thumbs down

I had been planning to ask a new thread on most dissapointing conversion's onto the Amiga, but this has saved doing so...

Creatures (Thalamus)-how they mucked up converting a top C64 classic I'll never understand.

Ghoul's n Ghosts-If not for the wonderful music would anyone have bothered with this?
Old 10 September 2001, 15:42   #46
Amigaboy

Quote:
Originally posted by 7-Zark-7
Creatures (Thalamus)-how they mucked up converting a top C64 classic I'll never understand.
I second that! (as a matter of fact, I third and fourth that too )

Disappointing indeed.

I'm glad Mayhem In Monsterland wasn't converted. That game was THE game on the C64. If they screw that one up, I may have to kick some ass

Old 10 September 2001, 16:01   #47
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Hi Amigaboy-thanks for agreeing with me on Creatures!!
I could never forget the Game Diary written by the Rowland Brothers in Zzap in developing Creatures!

The only other mystery was why such geniuses seemed to mysteriously disappear-does anyone know what happened to them??
Old 10 September 2001, 16:07   #48
Amigaboy

Quote:
Originally posted by 7-Zark-7
Hi Amigaboy-thanks for agreeing with me on Creatures!!
I could never forget the Game Diary written by the Rowland Brothers in Zzap in developing Creatures!

The only other mystery was why such geniuses seemed to mysteriously disappear-does anyone know what happened to them??
Yeah. The Zzap and Commodore Format interviews/diaries with these guys were really cool

Amazing how these guys squeezed out more than 64kb ram out of the C64 to produce Mayhem (they tapped into the SID chip)

I have no idea what happened to them either. I too would love to find out

For anyone that has no idea what the hell we're talking about, check out http://users.skynet.be/NightGem/c64_mayhem.htm

Old 17 September 2001, 11:23   #49
Tim Janssen

Arrow Current Rowland bros outings & Creatures

I read somewhere the Rowlands produced the Gameboy Colour version of IK+ called IK Deluxe.

Creatures on Amiga is an okay but somewhat shallow conversion of the C64 original. It is far too difficult to finish without a cheat. Rumours were WJS Design would also produce Creatures 2 on Amiga. Now that would make a great classic. Pity it never happened.
Old 17 September 2001, 11:36   #50
RetroMan

Wink Just came to my mind ....

ThereĀ“s another crappy Amiga game called : "Renegade" which was superb on CPC and ok on C64, but the Amiga version lacks playability and grafik, it is a real mess .......
Old 17 September 2001, 13:23   #51
RCK
Administrator

Re: Current Rowland bros outings & Creatures

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Janssen
I read somewhere the Rowlands produced the Gameboy Colour version of IK+ called IK Deluxe.
wrong !
I own the "International Karate 2000" cardbridge for GBC
And it was produced by Studio 3.
Old 17 September 2001, 14:07   #52
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Thumbs down Night Breed - Interactive Movie

What a shite game this was and still is. I played it the other day on WinUAE and it's just impossible in the graveyard section. Trying to run away from that wierd cross between a zombie monster and Ruud Gullit by smashing the 2 mouse buttons like you are Commander Data on speed. It's just impossible. There is no way to escape the freak and it renders the whole game somewhat pointless. It's got to be one of the worst games on the Amiga EVER.
Old 17 September 2001, 15:32   #53
Paul
RIP Friends

What about Terry's Big Adventure?
Old 17 September 2001, 18:05   #54
Amiga1992

IK 2000 for the GBC lacks seriously
Old 18 September 2001, 02:05   #55
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I rather liked Terry's Big Adventure, despite it's unoriginality.
Old 18 September 2001, 09:08   #56
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Cool Terry

Ho ho ho! Ha ha ha! That's a good one Twistin'!
Old 18 September 2001, 10:47   #57
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Some people just don't like platformers (unless they are slick and glossy!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	terrysbigadventure-logo.gif
Views:	363
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	723  
Old 18 September 2001, 18:18   #58
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

you have never seen THIS....

Ok, I have read all suggestions for the crappiest game on the Amiga. Some are real crap, but others are not so bad.
I even wouldn't say Space Ace I & II are crap games. Although they are more like demos instead of games, they had a big 'give it just one more try' effect on me. So I finished both, although I thaught they were complete nonsense until I tried them.

But for the all time number one shit game on the Amiga, my vote goes for a game that probably noone has mentioned, yet, because nobody knows this pile of shit:

MANI PULITE

I have uploaded it to ADF-zone so you can see what I mean.
I bet you'll all lough your ass off when you look at that grafix !
And better turn off the volume of the speaker to prevent your ears from this disaster.
And, oh, yes, don't forget about the absolutely fucked-up sprite detection.....

Really guys, trust me and download the game and see for yourselves:
You won't believe this is actually an Amigagame
Old 18 September 2001, 20:41   #59
Amiga1992

I cannot resist such an offer, Overdoc

By the way, seems I'm getting my 1084 fixed forcheap!
Old 20 September 2001, 16:04   #60
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

I have another couple of nominee's-although I didn't personally play it, I was going over some old Zzap's & found a less than flattering review for the Dick Tracey game.

Another which I did play, was the poor excuse of a translation for Ghouls 'n'Ghost's good music,but thats about all.