English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 15 January 2016, 18:30   #221
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post
now this is getting weird. Some sites do say it was from 1988 but the earliest reviews are from December 1988, so how can it be you bought this in May 1988 if it takes 7 months to review?
I think your receipt is the wrong one or a typo of the date.

EDIT: I checked out some TOSEC cracks and the lightforce trainer is dated Oct 29 1988.

So yes, it is from 1988 after all (blame my brain! so 1-1) but not that early me thinks.
(edit 2: Bad Cat was from September 1987)
1 all...settled
Old 16 January 2016, 19:35   #222
Superman

I tried the ADF of Bad Cat a few months back and I think I lasted less than a minute before I reset. It really is a terrible game!
Old 17 January 2016, 22:24   #223
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
I tried the ADF of Bad Cat a few months back and I think I lasted less than a minute before I reset. It really is a terrible game!
I can't see anything beating this shit on the SGT shit-o-meter mate, just utter whack!
Old 20 January 2016, 21:00   #224
ZEUSDAZ

Hybris vs Xenon 2 (Amiga) - Which Is best??

Hi everyone and welcome to a new chapter / section on the Zeusdaz Youtube channel entitled "WHICH IS BEST?".
Following the great response of my test-run compare video "Double Dragon III - Amiga vs DOS title music: [ Show youtube player ] to which even Andrew Barnabas himself jokingly voted for the Dos version..., I decided to carry on with the idea of comparing certain games / music and letting you decide which is best in a vote.
Once a month I will do one of these videos and if popular like the last one I will keep doing them otherwise I will end them, It's all down to you

Anyway, this time It's 1 on 1 with Hybris and Xenon 2,...which is the best?
[ Show youtube player ]
Happy voting!!!

Zeus.

Last edited by ZEUSDAZ; 20 January 2016 at 22:18.
Old 20 January 2016, 21:10   #225
Dunny

As far as the music goes - got to be Hybris. The tune is livelier, full-formed... Whereas XenonII's music is quite poor and empty in-game.

But gameplay is another matter totally, and anyone who thinks different is a fool. Hybris is the best, without a doubt.

D.
Old 20 January 2016, 21:25   #226
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

What? There is no contest! Hybris beats Xenon 2 in every aspect, soundwise/sfx and gameplay-wise.
Old 20 January 2016, 21:43   #227
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Hybris.

Now let's go for the real matchup

A brick made of 30 years old horseshit or Xenon 2?

I'd go with the brick.

Seriously, It's hard to find a shmup worse than Xenon 2. Hybris is awesome, Xenon 2 is horrendous.

But now I see you are comparing only music. I must say Xenon 2 music is its only redeeming feature.

So my vote goes to Hybris.

Yeah. Hybris is better even on music.
Old 20 January 2016, 21:50   #228
SkulleateR

Hybris !!!

No doubt about it ... but Xenon II is still a hard to beat game and worth a play at anytime trying to beat those levels ....
Old 20 January 2016, 22:29   #229
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
Hybris.

Now let's go for the real matchup

A brick made of 30 years old horseshit or Xenon 2?

I'd go with the brick.

Seriously, It's hard to find a shmup worse than Xenon 2. Hybris is awesome, Xenon 2 is horrendous.

But now I see you are comparing only music. I must say Xenon 2 music is its only redeeming feature.

So my vote goes to Hybris.

Yeah. Hybris is better even on music.
Well it ceratinly seems Hybris is a clear favourite, the voting going on now on the actual video is showing It's becoming a clear winner.
This vote is for the entire games themselves, not just the music unlike my last "which is best" vid, you certainly have some valid points!
Old 21 January 2016, 00:00   #230
Dunny

And why, when anybody remixes the Hybris music do they leave out the drum solo? Best bit of the whole damn tune imo.

D.
Old 25 January 2016, 00:33   #231
ZEUSDAZ

Well Hybris kicked Xenon II's arse in the vote on the video, I guess Xenon II was laid to rest in the gaming Graveyard.
Old 29 January 2016, 19:48   #232
ZEUSDAZ

New Amiga "Shit Game Time" vid - Street Fighter II

Hi to all my subs and channel followers.
A new "Shit Game Time" video is now live on my channel, this time I shit-rate Street Fighter II on the Amiga which has been requested by a fellow youtuber, this conversion really stinks, hope you enjoy it:
[ Show youtube player ]

All the best, Zeus
Old 02 January 2019, 20:54   #233
ZEUSDAZ

Hi all and a happy 2019!

Can I just quickly ask that if any of you have subbed to my Youtube channel that could you make sure you have also clicked that STUPID Youtube notification bell on my channel so you will receive updates of my new uploads, ever since Youtube introduced that damn thing us uploaders have all noticed a drop in our views because simply clicking "Subscribe" isn't enough any more as you will only receive "occasional" notifications,...you now have to click the bell next to the subscribe icon on the main page of our youtube channels to receive all new video notifications

I hope many of you still pop by and enjoy my content, oh if you fancy applying for the new challenger of my "8-bit challenge" series then please pop to my channel to see the vid, It's a good laugh!

All the best, Zeus