English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 24 May 2018, 21:03   #241
retromax

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgovotsos View Post
I've started uploading English manuals for Casablanca and software. More coming when I get the boxes out of storage. They are in /software/MacroSystem/Casablanca in my upload folder. When I get to the Kryoflux I'll start uploading images of virgin floppies.
I don't want to sound dumb but where is that?
Old 24 May 2018, 21:15   #242
pgovotsos

Quote:
Originally Posted by retromax View Post
I don't want to sound dumb but where is that?
On the ftp server here in /uploads/pgovotsos/software/MacroSystem/Casablanca

Directions to access the ftp are here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43633
Old 24 May 2018, 21:28   #243
retromax

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgovotsos View Post
On the ftp server here in /uploads/pgovotsos/software/MacroSystem/Casablanca

Directions to access the ftp are here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43633
Thanks, I was just reading through that and then saw this reply :-)
Old 24 May 2018, 23:13   #244
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

Quote:
well... thanks to davideo my Casablanca is now in English and PAL!!!!!!

Well chuffed!
You're welcome but the main thanks must go to Jope for his technical powers on making this possible.
Old 24 May 2018, 23:27   #245
retromax

Quote:
Originally Posted by davideo View Post
You're welcome but the main thanks must go to Jope for his technical powers on making this possible.

Thanks to Jope too then and everyone around here keeping this less documented technology going.
Old 25 May 2018, 13:10   #246
retromax

Is there anyway of seeing what memory is installed in a Casablanca?, the reason I ask is that when I was installing Monument Titler I had a warning about not having the required 32mb of memory. So I removed the memory that was in there and replaced it with 2 x 32mb sticks that I had and the warning didn’t appear when I installed it again, just not sure if it sees the whole 64mb that I installed.
What’s the maximum memory that can be installed?
Old 25 May 2018, 14:16   #247
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Is there anyway of seeing what memory is installed in a Casablanca?, the reason I ask is that when I was installing Monument Titler I had a warning about not having the required 32mb of memory. So I removed the memory that was in there and replaced it with 2 x 32mb sticks that I had and the warning didn’t appear when I installed it again, just not sure if it sees the whole 64mb that I installed.
What’s the maximum memory that can be installed?
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=996105&postcount=40

In the third picture, it shows you where you can see how much memory a Casablanca has.

At this time, we only know 64MB is possible, but maybe it can go up to 128MB. But certainly no more than that.
Old 25 May 2018, 15:42   #248
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

Mine works fine with 32MB.
Old 25 May 2018, 18:26   #249
retromax

I didn’t know if I actually clicked on the box in the bottom left it showed another screen with the info, so on mine it says options: 32mb so I guess mine sees 32mb
Old 25 May 2018, 18:40   #250
retromax

Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveta View Post
Hi,

Yes but only on Casablanca with latest ROM 1.6 (no/without any 1.6 version message in the lower right corner)

When has Casablanca old ROM 1.1, 1.3 or most 1.4 (version message in the lower right corner of the Casablanca screen or too on two eproms/label) then work only with 040 CPU.

Regards, Sveta
Will mine only work with the 040 CPU then?
Click image for larger version

Name:	1C51694C-8EA2-4273-9BF0-AFEC6898B006.jpeg
Views:	267
Size:	431.3 KB
ID:	58362
Old 28 May 2018, 20:22   #251
retromax

So I was trying something just now with my Casablanca, when I had it in NTSC the software version had the 'Hide the Play Panel' and 'Play once' within the options of the system settings... when I installed the disk I got recently I didn't have that option (although it was a version 3 software), anyway I thought i'd try using that NTSC disk version and see if I could select 'update' on install which all went fine until my drive stopped reading the disk mid-way of install and I had to reset the casablanca.
This time on boot it went into NTSC again and then I got an error message and the system wouldn't start so I popped the NTSC disk back in then selected undo, after the undo same again and wouldn't boot so I popped the PAL disk in again (the one that didn't have the hide play panel etc. option) and selected 'update'...

following so far??? lol

anyway it all completed and rebooted back into PAL..... but still had the above mentioned 'options' from the other disk???

So the system software shows as per the pic in the above post with that extra option that wasn't included in the software version when I installed the PAL disk and also the LCD display no longer shows AM or PM as it did with the NTSC disk install

I'm not touching it again now as I think i'm having problems with the floppy drive anyway...

Last edited by retromax; 28 May 2018 at 20:32. Reason: typo
Old 28 May 2018, 21:20   #252
retromax

How does an external Hard Drive work with the Casablanca?
I have an external SCSI hard drive that's bigger than the one in my Casablanca (I think it's 8.4gb) If plugged in does it override the internal one and do I have to install my software on it?
Old 28 May 2018, 21:50   #253
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

Easy answer is yes.

The external drive overrides the internal drive when connected as far as I remember.

You could of course swap the two drives over fitting the new drive on the old caddy.

As for the hide options I don't have that on mine. I just have a prompt to click when I start exporting.
Old 29 May 2018, 00:02   #254
retromax

Quote:
Easy answer is yes.

The external drive overrides the internal drive when connected as far as I remember.

You could of course swap the two drives over fitting the new drive on the old caddy.

As for the hide options I don't have that on mine. I just have a prompt to click when I start exporting.
The external drive is a 68 pin not 50, yeah I have a 68 to 50 pin adapter I can use but it makes the drive too big for the caddy.
As for the hide option I mentioned it’s not for the exporting, it’s when you play back any video in the edit screen, either from the timeline or from the clips. What software version do you have on yours then?, I never had an option to remove it on export it just did it automatically but when I was reading through the version 3 manual that you can find online it mentions one of the new options of the 3x software is the hide function. When I first got the Casablanca and it didn’t have the English language option I think the software version was 2.8 or something, I think just about everything I know about this system is from this very thread.
Old 29 May 2018, 00:12   #255
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

I have the same version as you - English 3.10

To be honest I haven't used it in years. I've only been switching it on and off just lately because of this thread.

I'll have a look on Friday on my next day off.
Old 29 May 2018, 00:32   #256
retromax

Yeah it’s all new to me and I’m educating myself right here!, I keep capturing video from the same Total Recall rental VHS tape that I found in a skip outside my wife’s Work when I was dropping her off one morning. Yesterday I captured some video from my pc, I have a DV recorder deck that I was playing back video from Adobe Premiere and outputting from the s-vhs on that through a Panasonic WJ-AVE5 to the Casablanca LOL
Old 29 May 2018, 00:58   #257
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

In the day I used three Panasonic SVHS decks with a couple of WJ-AVE5s and an Amiga 2000HD with a Genlock for titling.

Things have moved on since then. I'm now using Pinnacle to do all my editing, titling and effects on LOL
Old 29 May 2018, 01:21   #258
retromax

Quote:
In the day I used three Panasonic SVHS decks with a couple of WJ-AVE5s and an Amiga 2000HD with a Genlock for titling.

Things have moved on since then. I'm now using Pinnacle to do all my editing, titling and effects on LOL
I still have my Amiga 1200 and once bought a genlock for it that came with scala titling software, I also used Deluxe paint to make some animations that I could overlay on video. I had VidiST for my Atari ST (can I say that around here lol) and had some fun with that too, as for modern editing Adobe Premiere came bundled with my first ever capture card (Windows 95 era) and I’ve used that in different forms since.
Back to Amiga’s though and I have 2 Great big boxes of games that I really need to dig out, as well as the Amiga 1200.
I have a 600 somewhere too but it’s all yellow:-(
Old 08 July 2018, 12:10   #259
sigma63

Hello Folks,

i got a turbo-casablanca (/w 68060) by chance

It came with a harddisk but without any disks. Sadly i have no kryoflux but a catweasel (for PC and Amiga). So my question: is there a way to create some disks with the catweasel? Has anybody some experience in that?

2nd Q: i cloned the drive for backup reasons and found in the first sector the ID CDSK (as somewhere written in this thread), but the checksum is not valid. In the following PART sectors the checksum is valid - is this normal behaviour?

It would be nice to hear from you...
Old 11 July 2018, 15:48   #260
SimonV

There is no way without the Kryoflux. Unfortunately the one I had I used from a friend and I don't have it here anymore ... so ask here in the forum who has a Kryoflux ( not necessarily in this topic ) and who wants write you a set of disks. If I am not mistaken they are on the EAB server.