English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 07 July 2005, 20:50   #1
OSH

Unhappy UFO MUSIC problem...

Hello!
I have big problem. I have 2 versions of UFO ENEMY UNKNOWNY. AGA and ECS-version. The ECS version have ugly graphics but the music is much better than in AGA version. I've copied music from ECS version to AGA version, but this not works. AGA version music is in weird format. I don't know this format, and I don't know how can I convert Protracker format to this weird format. I think AGA version use a datatype, in file I've found string FORM_DDAT BODY, later CHANT. I don't know what kind of format is this...
Old 07 July 2005, 22:23   #2
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
I think the music's better too in the ECS version , sorry i don't have an answer to your prob though. But one: why not play the ECS version then? Nah, better graphics and stuff in AGA version
Old 08 July 2005, 18:36   #3
Human Ktulu

hi ^^
1 ko or 5 ko it's too low for track. I'ts surely compiled in machine language (surely linked with base prog), so the unique chance to capture music it's the ingame wave record
i can't say better sorry

ps : poland powered amiga hihi ^^ thanks for Megablaster and lost in mine ^^
Old 09 July 2005, 18:35   #4
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH
Hello!
I have big problem. I have 2 versions of UFO ENEMY UNKNOWNY. AGA and ECS-version. The ECS version have ugly graphics but the music is much better than in AGA version. I've copied music from ECS version to AGA version, but this not works. AGA version music is in weird format. I don't know this format, and I don't know how can I convert Protracker format to this weird format. I think AGA version use a datatype, in file I've found string FORM_DDAT BODY, later CHANT. I don't know what kind of format is this...
You have already asked about it on polish forum. I answered you that it is impossible. Those two games uses two different ways of playing music. ECS version uses normal Protracker modules packed with ProPack. AGA version is much more complicated. It uses module data files (you may call them song files (they are with .mus extension)) and sample data file (call it sample bank (one file called UFO.bank)). Each module in AGA version uses the same samples so there were no need for the programmer to create 10 different modules each containing the same samples with size of 100 kB (that would give over 1 MB of music in game). So if they use mostly the same sample set he divided the modules to share one bank. In this case the whole music in AGA version is in size 200 kB. Sorry, you can't change it. You have to live with it.
Old 10 February 2017, 07:57   #5
ancalimon
Supernormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
You have already asked about it on polish forum. I answered you that it is impossible. Those two games uses two different ways of playing music. ECS version uses normal Protracker modules packed with ProPack. AGA version is much more complicated. It uses module data files (you may call them song files (they are with .mus extension)) and sample data file (call it sample bank (one file called UFO.bank)). Each module in AGA version uses the same samples so there were no need for the programmer to create 10 different modules each containing the same samples with size of 100 kB (that would give over 1 MB of music in game). So if they use mostly the same sample set he divided the modules to share one bank. In this case the whole music in AGA version is in size 200 kB. Sorry, you can't change it. You have to live with it.

I think it is possible. At least for tactical music because it is played from a script. I just don't know how.

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ight=ufo+music

Quote:
I have uncompressed and converted to mod file (tactical.mus from UFO ECS disk2) to wav using modplug.

I have edited the UFO_HD script:

Assign UFOTemp: ""

FAILAT 20

Geo "0" "0"
IF ERROR
SKIP begin
ENDIF

SKIP end

LAB begin

c/Avail >nil: flush

;run >NIL: c/easyMOD Music/Tactical.mus
run >NIL: AMIKIT:Utilities/playOGG/playOGG Music/Tactical.wav
Tactical "1" "0"

c/Avail >nil: flush

LAB geo
Geo "1" "0"
IF ERROR
SKIP begin BACK
ENDIF

LAB end

tried playogg and it's playing the music while playing the game. First I tried some mod player called easymod from aminet but all I got were clicks instead of music.

Now I need to make UFO AGA know when to break playogg playing tactical.wav

Is there a way to break a process without knowing its process number since that process number would change for everyone starting the game from workbench?