English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 27 November 2012, 22:35   #41
viddi

Sorry guys, but you´re talking bullshit.

"Agent Lux" is a very playable game and it pushes Backbone beyond its limits.
It is the best and most varied BB game so far.

Feel free to produce something equal or better.

@Akira:
Gossip!
Old 27 November 2012, 22:38   #42
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by viddi View Post
@Akira:
Gossip!
What gossip? I didn't say any gossip. Gossip would be "I saw s2325 kissing viddi"
In all, I was just talking about s2325's comment, not even about your game in particular. I do think however using Backbone doesn't help to the point. I bet you can do some fantastic stuff using AMOS.
Old 27 November 2012, 22:40   #43
viddi

Sorry, should have quoted the related phrases!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I think this is what hurts most the Amiga scene. If we're going to accept just anything thrown at us just because it runs on an Amiga, we never gonna get anything great.

Great productions yield great inspiration and inspiration is clearly lacking in the Amiga world right now.

If you are excited about game development for Amiga, use at least AMOS or Blitz Basic.
Old 27 November 2012, 22:55   #44
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

If I may, I'd like to say that Akira's 'general comment' might be a tad misplaced to not be associated to the very game this thread is about I think it'd help if more people would team up like Graham and Predseda did for example, but again that's just some totally unrelated 2 cents of mine

@viddi
I will finally have a look at your latest production next weekend mate Been a tad busy the last weeks.
Old 27 November 2012, 23:06   #45
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by viddi View Post
Sorry, should have quoted the related phrases!
I don't see how that is gossip, but if you want to be butt hurt, so be it.
Old 28 November 2012, 00:13   #46
Graham Humphrey

I don't think viddi is "butt hurt" at all - but this whole thing interesting to me as there has been a noticeable increase in the number of new games being developed and released in the last twelve months which is certainly encouraging. I think TCD is right that more people probably need to team up and then they can all benefit from each other's areas of expertise, and I think generally more people need to offer constructive feedback so they know what they're doing well, and what they're doing badly at. I think things are getting better but I have played and reviewed a lot of games released in the last year that either (a) are well done on a purely coding level but have a pig of a game tied to them; or (b) have a good idea but aren't implemented especially well (or in some cases very badly). This is a bit of a generalisation but a lot of them end up in one of these two categories.

However, everybody can influence this. If people have the enthusiasm (and EVERYBODY who is making new games has this) to program, make graphics etc, and are willing to put the time in to developing, listening to feedback and actively wanting to get better then things will get better. This also requires people to give feedback in the first place, and perhaps to contribute things themselves to help with development if they have a talent for it (even if it's only playtesting or things like that). Yes, we certainly shouldn't say "oh, a new Amiga game, that's great, well done, 10/10" (and anyone who reads my reviews knows this never happens) but equally offering constructive feedback and encouragement is really important too.

Back on-topic

I think Agent Lux is a really fun game that, yes, is restricted by the tools used to create it but equally it uses Backbone in a rather impressive fashion and unlike s2325, I haven't seen a Backbone game that uses it better than this one. To be honest though, I'm more interested in how much I enjoy the end product than the technical aspects, and this ticks a lot of boxes for me in that regard. If people don't like it then that's fair enough really, you can't please everyone after all.
Old 28 November 2012, 00:31   #47
s2325
Zone Friend

I think better Backbone games are Tuesday and Halloween Nightmare. Tuesday have even some adventure elements. You can find both games in the Zone.
Old 28 November 2012, 01:22   #48
Amiga1992

I totally agree with you Graham. That was my whole point.
But the feedback part is where we all fail. I just feel like everybody goes "if it runs in an Amiga is good", and everybody that makes anything go like "if I am not praised i quit/bitch/get angry/etc".
Old 09 May 2014, 10:06   #49
gaddarjoker

hi there, do I need to execute each level with its own dedicated game icon? I can't seem to work it as a whole game. the main file keeps saying "game files are not executable..."

Old 09 May 2014, 11:31   #50
viddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddarjoker View Post
hi there, do I need to execute each level with its own dedicated game icon? I can't seem to work it as a whole game. the main file keeps saying "game files are not executable..."

Just execute "AgentLux-68030-2MB"!
Old 09 May 2014, 14:28   #51
gaddarjoker

it keeps saying "game: file is not executable" what should I do??
I've got A4000 040+PIV

Old 09 May 2014, 16:06   #52
fryguy

maybe it's just missing the execute-flag.

try protect filename +rwed
Old 09 May 2014, 16:11   #53
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Dont use the game folder "AgentLuxV1.1" inside the zip archive. Unpack "AgentLuxV1.1.lha" inside the "AL CD Package & Archive" folder. Should avoid the missing protection flags.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 09 May 2014 at 16:16.
Old 11 May 2014, 11:15   #54
gaddarjoker

lha archive inside the zip worked! game is frustratingly hard!
Thanks for your effort!

Old 17 May 2014, 02:01   #55
Asle

so ... Viddi = Chipy/Fullspeed ?
actually searching for the author of all the musics