English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 01 November 2012, 18:59   #1
outofwork

Amiga emulator - XBox 360

I am running Amiga360.xex on an RGHed Xbox 360 and can't seem to be able to increase the free memory. The dialog at the top of the box says Amiga Workbench Version 1.0 317120 Free Memory. I have tried changing the memory options and using a different kickstart but it seems that no matter what I do I can't increase the amount of free memory that would hopefully allow me to play the games.

It's been a LONG time (10+ years) since I actually fired up my old Amiga 500 system so I am more than a bit rusty.

I have also been getting what I think is a Workbench error about validating the checksum, etc.

Sorry for the basic questions. Assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
outofwork
Old 01 November 2012, 19:27   #2
kipper2k

Hi,

You need to create a config file with all your mem settings etc, and then point it to the HDF file you wish to load. I have mine set up for 40MB using an A1200 image with WHDload and it works fine. I also have a Xim keyboard/mouse adapter and it works great

If you don't have a .HDF file (a hard drive file) of your Amiga then the easiest way to do it is to set it up on your PC using WinUAE and once you're happy with it then you can copy that image file to the 360, set up your config file and away you go
Old 01 November 2012, 22:10   #3
outofwork

Thanks for the quick feedback. I remember first seeing an Amiga 500 at a PC show many, many years ago and was blown away by the graphics and the games and bought one shortly thereafter. I had always been into PC games but when I bought the Amiga I went on a game collection craze.

OOC, are ROMs available for the majority of the Amiga games? The reason I ask is that I probably have hundreds of Amiga games and was wondering if there was a way to recompress the diskettes back into .adf format so the emulator could read them just in case I couldn't find the ROMs for the games that I wanted to play the most.

I just got a dual DB6 to a single USB and plugged it into one of the USB ports on the front of the XBox 360 but it doesn't seem to see it yet. Is that the same setup that you have or is the Xim something different? It seems that a keyboard is an absolute necessity as is a mouse.

Thanks again.
outofwork
Old 02 November 2012, 03:46   #4
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofwork View Post
Thanks for the quick feedback. I remember first seeing an Amiga 500 at a PC show many, many years ago and was blown away by the graphics and the games and bought one shortly thereafter. I had always been into PC games but when I bought the Amiga I went on a game collection craze.

OOC, are ROMs available for the majority of the Amiga games? The reason I ask is that I probably have hundreds of Amiga games and was wondering if there was a way to recompress the diskettes back into .adf format so the emulator could read them just in case I couldn't find the ROMs for the games that I wanted to play the most.

I just got a dual DB6 to a single USB and plugged it into one of the USB ports on the front of the XBox 360 but it doesn't seem to see it yet. Is that the same setup that you have or is the Xim something different? It seems that a keyboard is an absolute necessity as is a mouse.

Thanks again.
outofwork

You can plug in any usb keyboard to the 360 and it should work fine, its the mouse portion that you really need the Xim for. You can run ADF's also with the emulator iirc. If you have a developers 360 then a mouse is natively supported.
Old 02 November 2012, 23:11   #5
outofwork

I took a look at the Xim web site and the only negative, if I read it correctly, is that you must use a wired controller instead of a wireless controller.

You did indicate though that with the Xim (Edge I assume as the Xim3 is not yet available) allows you to use both the mouse and the keyboard with the Xbox 360 Amiga emulator.

BTW, is there a source for either of those 256K ROMs that the WinUAE emulator must have? I can't seem to find them. That and there seems to be a pathing inconsistency between the documentation and the WinUAE window on the PC.

"I have mine set up for 40MB using an A1200 image with WHDload". I don't know (yet) what WHDload is either. Would it be impractical, unworkable and imposing on my part to ask if you could send me .HDF file that you are using?

I would rather just be running the Amiga emulator on the XBox 360 instead of the PC. Have you run Amiga games in both environments? Which do you think is better? IF I could find those ROMS for WinUAE I would like to try it though.

Many thanks for the assistance and I won't be offended in the least if you tell me to take a hike.

outofwork

Last edited by outofwork; 02 November 2012 at 23:56. Reason: typo
Old 02 November 2012, 23:30   #6
s2325
Zone Friend

We can not post links to Kickstarts roms here but type in google indexof kick rom (and have fun).
Old 03 November 2012, 00:00   #7
outofwork

Cam't find the exact ROMs indicated

I'll keep looking but a few of the sites don't seem to have the exact 256K version necessary. I would think that that perhaps the Amiga Forever CD might have them though.

Thanks,
outofwork
Old 04 November 2012, 21:17   #8
PaulyQ

amiga forever CD does indeed have the roms included(comes with a key file), I seem to remember an Amiga Tribute II DVD that did the rounds might have appeared on a torrent site, this may have all the games and everythng right out of the box for you as it booted on the xbox as well (it was a clever dual boot DVD that worked on PC and xbox)... but that was the classic xbox and not the 360.... BUT, you maybe able to extract some file from it to run on the 360??
Old 14 December 2019, 12:47   #9
wairnair

Sound missing

Got Amiga 360 Amiga emulator for my rgh'd XBOX 360 from
here.

Got Rygar AGA working from adf, perhaps not as smooth as on the real thing, but it still runs very well.

However, sound is completely missing and I found no option to enable it on the GUI.
Anyone know how to enable it, perhaps by manually editing the conf file?