English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 26 November 2016, 19:57   #41
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul View Post
Hello! I'm using Delitracker II on my A1200 for many years to listen to mods.. What are the pro /cons with EaglePlayer ?

Thx
I like both and some others. But you better watch the video to see how many things EaglePlayer has and how many it updates.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 26 November 2016, 20:23   #42
meynaf
son of 68k

EP2 has lots of bells and whistles - perhaps too many.
Personnally i prefer DT2. Its players are more mature (f.e. some mods fail on EP but work fine on DT) and its 14bit noteplayer (the latest one) is simply a wonder (better than that 14bit amplifier).
Old 27 November 2016, 13:16   #43
buggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
EP2 has lots of bells and whistles - perhaps too many.
Personnally i prefer DT2. Its players are more mature (f.e. some mods fail on EP but work fine on DT) and its 14bit noteplayer (the latest one) is simply a wonder (better than that 14bit amplifier).
So you don't like EP's bells and whistles and point to a DT plugin which is all about bells and whistles. Curious.

Chris Hodges sure had a lot of fun implementing all these effects in his 14 Bit Noteplayer. But his objectives were vastly different from mine. When I rewrote my 14 Bit Amplifier some months ago, I was interested in actually correcting Paula's lowpass-impeded frequency response to approximate a near linear behaviour across the audio frequency range. To my knowledge, such an approach hasn't been available so far.

In essence, if EP over Paula sounds boringly similar to modern Audio hardware, I'd say "mission accomplished".

And btw., in this case I could make the sources available.
Old 27 November 2016, 14:50   #44
honx

i guess, my question was overlooked:
Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
well, that is a problem. if i activate this toccata emulation, winuae halts before booting.
an onscreen led is yellow with "h7" in it. so no toccata emulation for me, i guess...

regarding unpack issues: unarc from os 3.9 is the problem, without any doubt.
after extracting archive to ramdisk spaces have been replaced by underlines...
Old 28 November 2016, 10:06   #45
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
So you don't like EP's bells and whistles and point to a DT plugin which is all about bells and whistles. Curious.
That DT plugin is the one which provides the best quality and all the useful features - even though many things are indeed "too much" and i just don't use them.
At least DT itself is simple enough.

Quote:
Chris Hodges sure had a lot of fun implementing all these effects in his 14 Bit Noteplayer. But his objectives were vastly different from mine. When I rewrote my 14 Bit Amplifier some months ago, I was interested in actually correcting Paula's lowpass-impeded frequency response to approximate a near linear behaviour across the audio frequency range. To my knowledge, such an approach hasn't been available so far.
But does the frequency response really have to be linear ? Won't it bring back frequencies that sound bad and would otherwise have been filtered out ?

Quote:
In essence, if EP over Paula sounds boringly similar to modern Audio hardware, I'd say "mission accomplished".
"modern audio hardware" has some problems playing mods properly - and this simply because they weren't designed to be played on such hardware.
Old 04 December 2016, 01:01   #46
tygre
Returning fan!

Wow, wonderful! Thanks!

Last edited by tygre; 27 March 2021 at 15:49. Reason: Changed thread subscription
Old 28 January 2017, 02:29   #47
Estrayk

Hi! I've test some mp3 and mods/s3m in Eagleplayer 2.05 14bit 44Khz.
Really impressive sound from 1985 Paula.

Sound and image captured from a Real Amiga 600 V2

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 28 January 2017, 06:17   #48
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxb View Post
HippoPlayer beats them all. I think its just personal taste which mod player who prefer. Test all players and decide yourself.
HippoPlayer is my goto module player, but for those formats which it does not support I use EaglePlayer.
Old 28 January 2017, 23:08   #49
buggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrayk View Post
Hi! I've test some mp3 and mods/s3m in Eagleplayer 2.05 14bit 44Khz.
Really impressive sound from 1985 Paula.

Sound and image captured from a Real Amiga 600 V2

[ Show youtube player ]
That's nice to hear (no pun intended). I've still got a few additional tricks in mind. But since I'm currently tied down with other (Amiga related) projects, Eagleplayer will have to wait for some time.
Old 02 February 2017, 12:12   #50
SKOLMAN_MWS

A600 ver 1.5 fix audio http://www.ppa.pl/forum/elektronika/...mity/2#m548578
Old 15 October 2017, 13:13   #51
meckert

Hi is there a way to start eagle player from cli, to start playing all the songs from a provided folder (including songs in subdirs) in random order, and start iconified ? Or I have to do everything from cli ?
Old 15 October 2017, 21:54   #52
daxb

You can start EP from CLI. For example: "EaglePlayer Iconify=YES" will start it iconified. Read the guide for all other Shell/ARexx commands.
Old 15 October 2017, 22:41   #53
ma693541
Computer Wizard

honx, Toccata is a soundcard and if you try to launch EaglePlayer or DeliTracker in WinUAE without the toccata.library and emulated Toccata soundcard, EP or DT bombs you out.
Old 15 October 2017, 22:42   #54
SunSpire

I stumbled upon eagleplayer 2.05 only last night while browsing Aminet for some new stuff to add to my A1200's internal CF card install, and I was quite surprised how well it performs with just a 28mhz 030 inside. Definitely a keeper, very good work!

By the way, so far I only tested it with pcm wav playback and it got me wondering why there is no seek bar, but maybe it's because my wb3.1 system only has 6 megs of RAM available? Not sure!

Last edited by SunSpire; 15 October 2017 at 22:53.
Old 16 October 2017, 12:39   #55
Mr-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSpire View Post
I stumbled upon eagleplayer 2.05 only last night while browsing Aminet for some new stuff to add to my A1200's internal CF card install, and I was quite surprised how well it performs with just a 28mhz 030 inside. Definitely a keeper, very good work!

By the way, so far I only tested it with pcm wav playback and it got me wondering why there is no seek bar, but maybe it's because my wb3.1 system only has 6 megs of RAM available? Not sure!
Because there is no seek bar
Old 16 October 2017, 17:10   #56
andy2004
Zone Friend

Send a message via Yahoo to andy2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakirob View Post
HippoPlayer is my goto module player, but for those formats which it does not support I use EaglePlayer.
depends on what you need at the time..

Hippoplayer.. 2.42 my main..
Noiseplayer 4 for when i just want something playing in the background.
better known as NP or Noisep on some floppies.
Old 16 October 2017, 17:25   #57
daxb

@SunSpire:
Try SongPlayer with your WAV files. It needs MUI but should be fast enough on 030.
Old 16 October 2017, 20:23   #58
AMIGASYSTEM

On Amiga there is a great choice of Player, in this my old video some cute players to play MP3, MOD and MID file

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 19 October 2017, 00:52   #59
SunSpire

daxb: Thank you for your hint! Songplayer is even better with the seek bar <3 I'll keep both for now ^^
Old 24 October 2017, 15:42   #60
TEOL

Does this keep the aspects of the old one though. Being able to play every tracker format ever made for the AMIGA plus more of other systems from 8-Bit to 32-Bit obviously only outputting in 8-Bit over the AMIGA but still working.

If so we seriously need the real thing ported on PC Deliplayer, XMP, UADE in the BZR Player frontend really doesn't do it justice anymore as there are no new versions made in years so some have problems on sub songs on Lemmings in UADE the latest thing on Windows some tracks don't run but most do and some load from XMP not UADE due to clashing with spectrum analyzers so we need something to do the spectrums on the Eagleplayers really and the real Eagleplayer so that every track works too.

Yeah, so Eagleplayer 2.5 for Windows anyone? There is real room for a PC version which just works Deliplayer isn't it anymore because not maintained and BZR's UADE UI whilst better than Deli now isn't quite Eagleplayer it's an all in one place thing but not standalone every format ever AMIGA style and it switches between multiple players on some amiga bits and Deli as it's old and you have to fart about getting it running with Compatability Mode as it's out of date on both the players and OS is just doesn't cut it as the stand alone anymore.

Anyone up to the challenge of a full up to date on codecs and all AMIGA player for the PC.

Maybe add the channels off and on to grab samples on wave record mode and notes going down on the player feature of BZR but on Eagleplayers instead of XMP it kinda looks like when playing mods through tracker software but you can click on them and enable and disable sound channels.

And then for the true icing of the cake the latest 2017 build of the players themselves will be in it due to being Eagleplayer for PC.

Gotta make it happen guys tired of 10-2 years out of date PC Players.

As Delitracker/Player 2 and Eagleplayer 2 codecs have always been interchangable for the PC one we only want the best of the best codec revisions that work perfect according to the people but mostly it will be the 2017 ones probably.

Last edited by TEOL; 24 October 2017 at 15:50.