English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 15 August 2018, 02:30   #161
thairacerjp

You do more than i could expert, it’s bloody fantastic like neo-geo games to « pulstar » or « blazing star » , it’s pleasant to see how you improve to the Max your game, that’s the sign of a future great game ! Can’t wait !
It should be nice if the next issue of CD32 scène
We had a large review of the wip of this awesome game !
Old 15 August 2018, 02:39   #162
buzzybee

Comparing my little game with "Pulstar" is the greatest possible honour, even though this most definitely goes a little bit too far :-)

Anyway, I try to achieve what I can within my very limited abilities and timeframe. So thank you!

I´d find it nice too, if the CD32-mag would write some lines about RESHOOT R. In fact, I could imagine some kind of feature is already in the works ...

While we are talking about magazines: If anyone got a working contact within Imagine / Retro Gamer, please send me a message. I tried to raise interest for RESHOOT R by sending emails to several adresses there, but never even got a reply.
Old 15 August 2018, 10:16   #163
invent
pixels

Awesome work as always and a pleasure to work with you on this project.
I do plan on getting some ideas for our next section for this game to you soon (next few days)
Old 16 August 2018, 00:32   #164
thairacerjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
Comparing my little game with "Pulstar" is the greatest possible honour, even though this most definitely goes a little bit too far :-)

Anyway, I try to achieve what I can within my very limited abilities and timeframe. So thank you!

I´d find it nice too, if the CD32-mag would write some lines about RESHOOT R. In fact, I could imagine some kind of feature is already in the works ...

While we are talking about magazines: If anyone got a working contact within Imagine / Retro Gamer, please send me a message. I tried to raise interest for RESHOOT R by sending emails to several adresses there, but never even got a reply.
Hi richard, it’s a funny hasard cause ten years ago i have worked as a season redactor & technician in the future publising companie, the same who edited « Retro-gamers magazine ! I will try to contact évent it’s 10 years ago lol !

Last edited by thairacerjp; 21 August 2018 at 21:58.
Old 21 August 2018, 20:58   #165
thairacerjp

i have question about the demo from Christmas demo CD by Earok, the demo is a level in the future game ? cause so much progress since... by the way, I tried to finished this Hardcore demo and I always stucks behind the spaceship ! is it the end of the demo after that or I far from end ? and the gameplay goes more peaceful since that ?

I'm at third place
Old 21 August 2018, 21:37   #166
DamienD
Banned

Yeah, I believe that's the end of the demo i.e the built up wall that you can't avoid, crash into and die.
Old 21 August 2018, 21:49   #167
thairacerjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Yeah, I believe that's the end of the demo i.e the built up wall that you can't avoid, crash into and die.
OH ! good ! , I was thinking I was a noobs , thanks ! hope we get a new demo soon, this game rocks
Old 24 August 2018, 01:33   #168
buzzybee

This is not the end of the demo. The secret is to kill the wormy creatures. Then push the "indestrucible" with your shots to gain sufficient space to slip your ship through.

What follows, you may find more peaceful ... or maybe not. Let me know :-)
Old 24 August 2018, 10:48   #169
DamienD
Banned

Interesting...

I usually have full weapons after killing the boss; you're saying I have to kill all worms to be able to blast through the wall?

This worm is a nightmare to kill without crashing so I usually don't bother:

Old 24 August 2018, 11:58   #170
DamienD
Banned

I've tried numerous times but cannot kill that worm in the screenshot above without crashing into the walls, the gap is too small

After killing the boss, and still having full weapon power, I've tried shooting every conceivable area but it's a no go:

Old 05 September 2018, 15:53   #171
buzzybee

Just a quick update: I am currently putting the finishing touches to a new playable demoversion of RESHOOT R which is going to premiered at the Classic Computing event held in Germany from 22nd to 23rd of September 2018.

By finishing touches I mean taking care of small details, like tiny adjustments of some attack patterns, killing small bugs and so on. Nothing more is needed. Because the game engine itself is finished, and the game is running in full loop from intro screen to title screen to gameplay screen and highscore screen and so on.

Here is a first screenshot from the demo. If you want to play RESHOOT R, talk to me, buy Reshoot or an issue of my 2018 magazine Amiga Joker: be there in Oedheim-Degmarn!

Last edited by DamienD; 05 September 2018 at 16:15. Reason: Image size reduced...
Old 05 September 2018, 16:51   #172
thairacerjp

Hi richard, fantastic news ! i played many time the demo of last year November and I will be pleased to test the news demo , did you will put in the CD include in the next issue of CD32 scène magazine ? in October cause I will buy next issue.wish you all the best for demo and future kicking game !
Old 01 October 2018, 13:50   #173
buzzybee

Last weekend, the demo of my Amiga-Game RESHOOT R premiered at the Classic Computing 2018 event. Could hardly have been more successful.
Not only were the exhibitors and visitors at the two day gathering great, but RESHOOT R also ran on a basic CD32 and a hardly-expanded A1200 as smooth and delicious as I had hoped for. RESHOOT R got overwhelming feedback from north, south, east, west. Everyone tried two or more times, everyone left with a smile in their faces. So this very important "just one more go" factor seems to be there.

I was impressed particularly by one 13-year old, because he kept playing until he finally beat the demo (one of two who achieved that) and ended his session, saying that his favorite game is Fortnite and he felt RESHOOT R is almost as addictive. A game cannot get more Kudos than this from a teenager in the year 2018.

Or, can it? As always, I used the presentation to watch people play RESHOOT R and listen to their comments. Some of their ideas and proposals will find their way into the game. In fact, I already have implemented some. One proposal can be spotted in the new screenshot attached to this post. Guesses welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rehsootr_cc.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	60082  
Old 01 October 2018, 13:53   #174
DamienD
Banned

Great news Richard and well done all involved

Any chance we can have the new demo to try out?
Old 01 October 2018, 13:56   #175
buzzybee

Absolutely. Will get a 68060 cpu card this week and playtest the demo with it – there were some glitchy pixels on such a config at Classic Computing. I plan to release the demo after I found and killed this and a handful of other bugs which I (and probably no one else) saw at CC.
Old 01 October 2018, 14:05   #176
kriz

Excellent, looking forward ..
Old 01 October 2018, 14:22   #177
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
Absolutely. Will get a 68060 cpu card this week and playtest the demo with it – there were some glitchy pixels on such a config at Classic Computing. I plan to release the demo after I found and killed this and a handful of other bugs which I (and probably no one else) saw at CC.
Perfect; thank you kindly Richard.

...I'll definitely be purchasing this anyway; just cool to give this latest demo a bash
Old 18 November 2018, 19:38   #178
vroom6sri

I hate to ask at the risk of sounding impatient or ungrateful but what are the chances of this being released by Xmas 2018 do you think please?

Don’t get me wrong - I’m happy to wait for what is clearly going to be a quality piece of software but I’m just writing out my Xmas list for the Mrs and I’d love to have this to play Xmas day.

Best regards.
Old 19 November 2018, 14:09   #179
buzzybee

Chances for a xmas release are pretty low to be honest. Game is progressing well and steadily, and I´m implementing new stuff every week. But it will take me till early next year to have a release candidate ready ... sorry!
Old 19 November 2018, 16:21   #180
nujack
Zone Friend

Thank you for information buzzybee.
Hopefully a new demo-version will come out until christmas. :