English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 11 January 2019, 13:10   #1
Gaelion

Amiga game you are most proud of 100% completing?

Of the Amiga games you have fully completed (without any trainer, cheats, ...). Which is the one you are most proud of?

For me it is Gold of the Aztecs. You could not save at all, and it was pretty hard, very much a trial and error on each screen.

I can't nowadays believe I did manage to 100% complete that game!
Old 11 January 2019, 13:12   #2
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Cannon Fodder, Twinworld, and Jim Power. I complete 100% those with no trainer
Old 11 January 2019, 13:15   #3
jotd
This cat is no more

Push Over, Gods, Chaos Engine & Mortal Kombat (also arcade version with 1 credit once . Push Over end puzzles were devious.

EDIT: Flashback, in normal mode, not "hard" (but I didn't even try). SuperCars II (but never managed to get 40 points in hard mode). I'm not sure it's a great achievement compared to Shadow of the Beast or other super-hard games, but at least I didn't cheat.

EDIT2: completed Pang several times too, including the arcade version with 1 credit (just once). And also Silkworm, a lot of times playing with the jeep (and a friend playing with the heli). not sure if I completed it with just the heli in 1p mode.

Of all those games, I can now only complete Gods & Supercars II, & probably Flashback as it's not very difficult with passwords & saves.

I wish I would have completed Cadaver & The payoff without cheating (i.e.: check the solution), but after the first level, I had to look for the solution each 10 minutes... it's damn hard.

Last edited by jotd; 11 January 2019 at 21:26.
Old 11 January 2019, 13:23   #4
chip

Completed without no cheats :

Alien Breed SE, Another World, Flashback, Prince Of Persia, Lemmings, Fury Of The Furries, Brian The Lion, The Chaos Engine, Superfrog

But the one i'm most proud of is Benefactor, since it was ranked as difficult game by some Amiga magazines
Old 11 January 2019, 13:38   #5
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
We have a feature on Lemon Amiga where you can mark games you completed. I have 58 marked currently, and if I should choose those I am proud of, these would be:

Alien Fish Finger
- completed many times, but the most proud I've even beaten its autor in competition
Aquanaut - excellent game and I learned how to complete it during the EAB/Lemon compo
Cannon Fodder - some very hard missions, countless attempts
Cannon Fodder 2 - not so good as pt1, but still enjoyable
Deliverance - took me years, but finally learned how to. Shame it is so short
Escape - group playhthrough here on EAB with hipoonios, nice experience
Gloom, Gloom Deluxe - in 2player mode with my bro, tough games
Hired Guns - in 3 player mode with mates, it was SO DAMN GREAT! Best game ever.
Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb - talkie version, very large map, sometimes frustrating
Maxwell Mouse and the Missing game mystery - I am proud co-author
MYTH: History in the Making - not so hard, it can be learned, but still challenging
PowerMonger - took me very long to complete
Reunion - I loved this
Ruff 'n' Tumble - the game is quite easy, EXCEPT the last spikey level!
Seek and Destroy - very good, also played with brother in 2ply mode
Snow Bros. - this one is easy and I am proud I can complete it anytime
Subwar 2050 - I am very proud of this, great storyline
Yo! Joe! - easy game, quite long though
Zeewolf - hard game
Zeewolf 2: Wild Justice - better than pt1, equally hard
Old 11 January 2019, 14:19   #6
DamienD
Banned

Can't really remember all but definitely Another World and Flashback.

Edit: and Banshee, Defender of the Crown, It Came From the Desert, Rocket Ranger.

Last edited by DamienD; 11 January 2019 at 20:10.
Old 11 January 2019, 14:28   #7
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Probably Chaos Engine. Completed it with every character. If I ever finish Cadaver then that will be top!
Old 11 January 2019, 14:28   #8
jurassicman

Probably Rick Dangerous and Rick Dangerous 2 but also SuperCars, Another World, Flashback, Prince Of Persia, Benefactor, Superfrog and both the Monkey Island games... I haven't used trainers or walkthrougs.
Old 11 January 2019, 14:57   #9
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaelion View Post
[...] For me it is Gold of the Aztecs. You could not save at all, and it was pretty hard, very much a trial and error on each screen [...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
[...] Push Over end puzzles were devious.
Not that other mentioned games are easy but for those two : Bravo !

Non-exhaustive recollection : Dungeon Master, Faery Tale Adventure (if saving/loading to keep some keys is cheating, don't count it ), Shadow of the Beast, Barbarian (Psygnosis), Obliterator, Superfrog, Prince of Persia, all Dragon's Lair, both Space Ace, Guy Spy, the first three King's Quest, first two Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry I (original), Quest for Glory I (was named Hero's Quest at that time), Another World, Flashback, King of Chicago.

Last edited by malko; 11 January 2019 at 15:00. Reason: typo
Old 11 January 2019, 15:10   #10
meynaf
son of 68k

Ok, time to add my list maybe (of games i could finish without extra "help" and which are supposed to be hard enough) : Evil's doom, Flashback, Foundation DC, Legacy of Sorasil, Hired Guns, Lemmings, Lords of the realm (in the hardest mode), Maelstrom, 6th sense investigation, The settlers, Tower of Babel.
Old 11 January 2019, 15:13   #11
d4rk3lf

Simon the Sorcerer, Secret of the Monkey Island, Dune 1 and 2, K240, Mortal Kombat 2, Civilization (on Prince dificulty I think)...
Oh... and of course Castles!
I did it few days a go on hardest difficulty: King

Probably few more, that I don't remember...

I got very close with Wing Commander 15-20 years a go, but I had only floppy version, and after many attempt, I got tired of dying, and having to replace floppy just to see my dying sequence.
Couldn't restart mission without too much waiting.
Man, I wish they put in options that you can disable all those 1000 time seen sequences (or at least, that dying sequence).
Old 11 January 2019, 15:16   #12
Hewitson

I've gotta admit I haven't completed many. They were either too difficult or too boring to want to finish. I have completed quite a few of the Sierra/Lucasarts games but I won't be including them here as they're PC games as far as I'm concerned.

I remember clocking Phalanx (Kingsoft). Very easy game though.
Old 11 January 2019, 16:13   #13
BippyM
Global Moderator

Captive....

What, wait
Old 11 January 2019, 16:21   #14
Gordon
Settler

Lemmings is my top

Then
Speedball 2
Moonstone
Silly Putty
Lotus 2
Golden Axe

Jotd, well done! I’m on 86, have I hit the peak yet?

Anyone who completed Cannon Fodder deserves a medal.
Old 11 January 2019, 18:03   #15
BrooksterMax

I'll be honest never completed many, not really that skillful. However did "finish" Civilization multiple times in different ways at different difficulty levels. That is a game that can span weeks/months potentially. Really enjoyed either destroying all other civilizations or winning the space race.
Old 11 January 2019, 18:09   #16
d4rk3lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksterMax View Post
I'll be honest never completed many, not really that skillful. However did "finish" Civilization multiple times in different ways at different difficulty levels. That is a game that can span weeks/months potentially. Really enjoyed either destroying all other civilizations or winning the space race.
Civ 1 had something that no other Civ have.
That epic feeling when you first meet other civs, and their emissaries full of pride, or the research screen, and scientist showing you in details what you researched.
All in full screen, music starts, and you know something important is going on. Or building a great wonder.

Maybe nostalgia talking through me, but no other Civ had the same impact (I've played Civ 3 the most often, thou)
Old 11 January 2019, 18:24   #17
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
I still remember Escaping Targ....

De Ja Vu and Uninvited were great fun too.
Old 11 January 2019, 19:08   #18
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

A couple completed, but most proud of I am probably about completing The Bards Tale.

What a great conversion that was from the 8-Bitters.
Old 11 January 2019, 19:24   #19
ScottJ85

Not sure if this counts, because there's an absurd amount of things to do in that game, but I completed the main quest in Starflight with no hints or walkthrough, just taking notes as I went.
Old 11 January 2019, 19:51   #20
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Jim Power is probably the hardest Amiga game I've finished without cheatings. I really want to do it again, but I forgot most of the game, and it's really a huge memorization marathon

I've finished Flashback on HARD without using passwords or continues. I think that was a pretty nice achievement. I really loved that game, I finished it dozens of times.

Both Swiv and Silkworm. Funny that I actually think Apidya and Uridium 2 are the best shmups on the system, but I could never finish any of them. I don't like neither Swiv or Silkworm as much (But both are very good, solid games), and I finished both.

Is Speedball 2 considered hard? Back at the day, I remember I could beat the league, but not the Knockout mode. When I got an Amiga again 3-4 years ago, I played it again and could beat all the modes without any difficulty. And without any practice either, what I find really funny... years without playing it, I Just got the game and beat it without any problems, something I couldn't do back at the time.

Yo Joe is pretty easy, but I finished it on my FIRST try. "Ok, let's see what this game about" "Oh my God I finished it!". It was indeed incredibly easy. But it's a nice game.

One game I am *really* frustrated not finishing is The Chaos Engine. Even more because it's a game I feel EVERYONE managed to do it, it's like everyone I talk about it had actually finished it. But I could never beat the last level (4-4) Those homing energy balls always got the best of me. Always.

Recently I tried to play it again after years without touching it. Died AGAIN on 4-4 for the same homing energy stuff. (Still a freaking awesome game even after all those years).

Super Cars and Cannon Fodder are 2 games I find incredibly hard... Cannon Fodder specially ,the later levels are just bonkers.

I did finish Super Cars 2 on every level, does it count? I guess not, it's pretty easy

Quote:
Seek and Destroy - very good, also played with brother in 2ply mode
I didn't remember a 2 players mode on this. I did finish it too, it wasn't too hard. I remember the weapon you start the game (I think it was the rockets) its all you need. The game has lots of different weapons, but the standard one was the easiest to use and very powerful anyay. No need for those homing air-to-air missiles or whatever.