English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General > Coders. Releases

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 11 May 2020, 14:45   #21
grelbfarlk
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,064
The requester was PPC Memory List Corruption Detected.
grelbfarlk is offline  
Old 12 May 2020, 12:10   #22
BULI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Rzeszów
Posts: 281
Works correct on my setup ragnarok + Voodoo, except exit to Workbench.


Many thanks to you Cowcat


XBR works fine on fullscreen, but with scale_factor 3, I'm not satisfice.
I prefer fullscreen on 800x600, set scale_factor 2, without XBR.
Yes, smaller view, but nicer.
For complete happiness, only the centering option of the image on screen is missing.
BULI is offline  
Old 13 May 2020, 13:04   #23
BULI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Rzeszów
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULI View Post
Works correct on my setup ragnarok + Voodoo, except exit to Workbench.


Many thanks to you Cowcat


XBR works fine on fullscreen, but with scale_factor 3, I'm not satisfice.
I prefer fullscreen on 800x600, set scale_factor 2, without XBR.
Yes, smaller view, but nicer.
For complete happiness, only the centering option of the image on screen is missing.

I changed my mind.
The best solution is good CRT MONITOR, and 512x384 resolution size
BULI is offline  
Old 13 May 2020, 15:49   #24
Cowcat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mallorca
Posts: 618
@BULI Yes. Integer maths only allow 512x384 full streched.

SDL (c++ only?) games failing to close still not clear where is the culprit.
Cowcat is offline  
Old 14 May 2020, 01:17   #25
grelbfarlk
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowcat View Post
@BULI Yes. Integer maths only allow 512x384 full streched.

SDL (c++ only?) games failing to close still not clear where is the culprit.
Oh mine is also mostly C++. Is HODE too?
grelbfarlk is offline  
Old 14 May 2020, 09:49   #26
Cowcat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mallorca
Posts: 618
Quote:
Oh mine is also mostly C++. Is HODE too?
Yep, except of course SDL library that is C.
Cowcat is offline  
Old 14 May 2020, 10:14   #27
Hedeon
PPC Hacker

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Leiden / The Netherlands
Posts: 1,251
Same for ScummVM which seems to work
Hedeon is offline  
Old 26 May 2020, 11:47   #28
Cowcat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mallorca
Posts: 618
Upgraded above with new sdl library that should fix exiting the game: It turned out to be a joystick issue, so for now all sdl stuff should use new Hedeon's sdl.
Cowcat is offline  
Old 27 May 2020, 07:42   #29
BULI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Rzeszów
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowcat View Post
Upgraded above with new sdl library that should fix exiting the game: It turned out to be a joystick issue, so for now all sdl stuff should use new Hedeon's sdl.

Great- I was going to report about incorrect working joystick
BULI is offline  
Old 02 June 2020, 22:00   #30
BULI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Rzeszów
Posts: 281
I'm halfway through the game with my children :-) , and normally we are playing via keyboard.

Today I tried my gamepad (compatibility with CD32) and I have still problem.
Jump don't work :-(

Last edited by BULI; 03 June 2020 at 07:29.
BULI is offline  
Old 03 June 2020, 14:43   #31
Cowcat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mallorca
Posts: 618
Children are excellent betatesters: When there are two playing at the same time, for sure something not expected happens in games.

Joystick problem I can't fully test it as I don't have a way to connect an old digital contraption.
Fixes were for closing SDL (a pointer had to be NULL'ed). Other than that, partial SDL2 joystick source had to be disabled, but if you're already playing with a joy and only one button doesn't work is another thing.

Don't know about gamepad CD32. Cases for button are run, jump, shoot and shoot/run. Other cases that involve A, B, X, Y, Back, Start, etc are out of question now, because all of those are SDL2 code (SDL_GameController).
Cowcat is offline  
Old 04 June 2020, 01:40   #32
grelbfarlk
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,064
My "CD32 Compatible" gamepad works with the latest beta just fine. Which is a PSX controller with the Kipper adapter in "CD32 emu mode". Bottom or "Red" button is run, Left or "Green" button is shoot, Right or "Blue" button is horizontal jump, Top or "Yellow" button is vertical jump. Seems to work fine and quits cleanly.
grelbfarlk is offline  
Old 04 June 2020, 12:51   #33
BULI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Rzeszów
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULI View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowcat View Post
Children are excellent betatesters: When there are two playing at the same time, for sure something not expected happens in games.

Ha, ha- yes, I know it


Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
My "CD32 Compatible" gamepad works with the latest beta just fine. Which is a PSX controller with the Kipper adapter in "CD32 emu mode". Bottom or "Red" button is run, Left or "Green" button is shoot, Right or "Blue" button is horizontal jump, Top or "Yellow" button is vertical jump. Seems to work fine and quits cleanly.

Ok. I wil check it on original CD32 pad.
I tested on original CD32 pad, and when I push red button, my hero run on the right, when i push blue button he run to the left.
On yellow, and green I have fire and power fire, but still jump don't work (on keyboard -> ENTER), but sometimes the jump works (red or blue), but this is exception "once one million" :-/

Now, exiting from game to the main menu do crash game :-(

Last edited by BULI; 10 June 2020 at 12:29.
BULI is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RTCW for Warpos Cowcat Coders. Releases 60 05 September 2019 13:58
GLHexen2 Warpos. Cowcat Coders. General 80 16 November 2018 19:03
OWB WarpOS possible ? drluking support.Apps 3 01 October 2018 20:54
UAE for WarpOS 0.8.12 grelbfarlk request.Apps 0 23 November 2016 01:14
WarpOS Programming Help? esc support.Other 8 21 October 2015 10:37

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.08050 seconds with 16 queries