English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 24 March 2020, 14:06   #121
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

Rochabian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: France
Age: 41
Posts: 629
A filesize limit option in the script could really help for easiest conversion, no need to use other tool then.

@thairacerjp :I've seen your videos, nice conversions!
Rochabian is offline  
Old 25 March 2020, 08:33   #122
movec
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochabian View Post
I tested this tool and it works really great on a CD32 + TF330 with an ide HDD (5.4MB/s)
Full 24fps for movies with 320x196 (16:9) or default format.
Problem is the file size.
Can agaconv-script split files to be not larger than 2Gb ? (PFS limit)
Then AGABLASTER could play automatically those files specifically named, for example
conv_1.cdxl then conv_2.cdxl etc... in order

Do you think it's possible ?

BULI has resolved the problem with DVD & AllegroCDFS but it's not possible to add DVD on CD32

Except the file size problem, this tool is really great.
Thanks for your work !
Good to know this works so well for you

You can (almost) already do what you want with a bit of extra work.

(1) you can use ffmpeg to split a video in equally long videos. (2) you can run multiple videos with one command line on the Amiga.

Here is how:
(1) use ffmpeg to split the original video 'myvideo.mp4' into multiple videos 'myvideo001.mp4 myvideo002.mp4 ...".
In the following example each segment is 20 mins long.
$ ffmpeg -i myvideo.mp4 -c copy -map 0 -segment_time 00:20:00.0 -f segment -reset_timestamps 1 myvideo%03d.mp4

Now convert each video file with agaconv-script

(2) play the converted list of cdxl files with agablaster
> spat agablaster myvideo#?.cdxl

The Amiga command 'spat' is usually installed at s:spat. It replaces #? with all the respective file names and calls agablaster multiple times, once for each video. Hence it works (almost) like one video.
I use this for testing with multiple files (the next agablaster update will make sure the mouse button is released before it starts, this is helpful to get through a list of files without skipping one accidentally)

Note, I had to use "protect s:spat +s" to get spat working in the emulator.

I hope this helps.
movec is offline  
Old 25 March 2020, 08:41   #123
thairacerjp
Registered User

thairacerjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: FRANCE
Posts: 307
@movec, thanks for your mini tutorial, i will do try and Bully report for do video in 320X196 works brillant on CD32, 24 fps and save place (320x254 : around 900mb, in 320x196 about 650 mb for the same file), you show how to convert to 64 colours but it's not very clear, is it possible in 128 colours ?

Last edited by thairacerjp; 25 March 2020 at 08:54.
thairacerjp is offline  
Old 25 March 2020, 09:21   #124
movec
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by thairacerjp View Post
@movec : like you can see, I have my script working nicely but when I have some file of the movie in another volume disk, I cannot play after the others, it stop and said that he cannot found the right file, do you have a idea ? of someone ? thanks .
In your script I don't see any volume name. So I guess it works on the volume where you start, but then it doesn't find the file because it's not on the same volume. Hence, you have to add the volume name, e.g.
agablaster myvolume1:video1.cdxl
agablaster myvolume2:video2.cdxl

BTW, if you use the option --gfx-mode=hires with agaconv-script, then 'hires mode' is encoded into the video and you do not need to provide it on the command line to agablaster

Last edited by movec; 25 March 2020 at 09:29.
movec is offline  
Old 25 March 2020, 09:34   #125
movec
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by thairacerjp View Post
@movec, thanks for your mini tutorial, i will do try and Bully report for do video in 320X196 works brillant on CD32, 24 fps and save place (320x254 : around 900mb, in 320x196 about 650 mb for the same file), you show how to convert to 64 colours but it's not very clear, is it possible in 128 colours ?
Yes, you can use 128 colors (--max-colors=126). Then it will use only 7 bitplanes.
movec is offline  
Old 25 March 2020, 14:42   #126
thairacerjp
Registered User

thairacerjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: FRANCE
Posts: 307
@movec : all problems resolved master, can reach videos on other volumes, I have done conversion 128 colors but it save "only" 50 mo for a file of 2GB and the quality is too narrow, & blade.
used also ffmpeg for split, superb ! , 20mn is ideal for get around 2GB (psf3/sfs 32 bits), now I have big problem with my indivision mkII : no signal , but it's another problem

Last edited by thairacerjp; 25 March 2020 at 18:05.
thairacerjp is offline  
Old 25 March 2020, 14:54   #127
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

Rochabian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: France
Age: 41
Posts: 629
Yes 20 min is a good limit for 320x196 videos with default settings (25fps,28000hz,256 colors) with very good quality

Thanks movec
Rochabian is offline  
Old 30 March 2020, 12:22   #128
movec
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 98
Hi guys, AGABlaster 0.9.71 is now available:

[https://mschordan.github.io/amiga/agablaster.html

* Added support for arbitrary video size >= 128 (multiples of 16)
* Added automatic video centering (x-axis)
* Added OCS support (Kick 1.3 supported as well)
* Added overscan support.
* Added NTSC support (detection and automatic y-centering using overscan)

This version can also play the zool_intro.xl video now. If it plays a video with a width that is not a multiple of 64 it switches into a different (=slower) fetch mode to avoid re-aligning the video data. Copper effects sometimes cannot be performed (depending on the width) for the same reason, however, it has internal lookup-tables, and avoids switching then.

It also centers the video in x and y. In x in "snapps" to multiples of 16 and 32 that's why it's not always exactly in the middle (sometimes it's more and I need to refine my formula for the screen registers for those cases.

In y direction it centers based on the overscan size. For NTSC it uses the full overscan height, hence PAL videos should display correctly centered on NTSC systems as well (it also adjusts the frequency, so the speed should be correct as well).

For overscan in x direction a size of 384 supported. This indeed fills the full width on a flat screen, however, it also is a lot slower (it is 20% more data of a 320 width ...). It might actually be a little bit too wide, the whole mode is kind of a hack, but I wanted to know whether the original hardware allows to fill the full width on my flat screen

Statistics output with the STATS option is now a single line (same data, but more compact). The first one is FPS. SF is the number of skipped frames. AD and VD should always be 0 or very small (these are the number of delays for audio and video and should not happen, increasing FB and CFD on the command line can fix this).

This version also supports OCS (there is also a version available for Kick1.3). I will upload some HAM6 video for testing soon. An update of agaconv (with HAM6 support) is in development.
movec is offline  
Old 31 March 2020, 10:24   #129
BULI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Rzeszów
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by movec View Post
Hi guys, AGABlaster 0.9.71 is now available:

[https://mschordan.github.io/amiga/agablaster.html

* Added support for arbitrary video size >= 128 (multiples of 16)
* Added automatic video centering (x-axis)
* Added OCS support (Kick 1.3 supported as well)
* Added overscan support.
* Added NTSC support (detection and automatic y-centering using overscan)

This version can also play the zool_intro.xl video now. If it plays a video with a width that is not a multiple of 64 it switches into a different (=slower) fetch mode to avoid re-aligning the video data. Copper effects sometimes cannot be performed (depending on the width) for the same reason, however, it has internal lookup-tables, and avoids switching then.

It also centers the video in x and y. In x in "snapps" to multiples of 16 and 32 that's why it's not always exactly in the middle (sometimes it's more and I need to refine my formula for the screen registers for those cases.

In y direction it centers based on the overscan size. For NTSC it uses the full overscan height, hence PAL videos should display correctly centered on NTSC systems as well (it also adjusts the frequency, so the speed should be correct as well).

For overscan in x direction a size of 384 supported. This indeed fills the full width on a flat screen, however, it also is a lot slower (it is 20% more data of a 320 width ...). It might actually be a little bit too wide, the whole mode is kind of a hack, but I wanted to know whether the original hardware allows to fill the full width on my flat screen

Statistics output with the STATS option is now a single line (same data, but more compact). The first one is FPS. SF is the number of skipped frames. AD and VD should always be 0 or very small (these are the number of delays for audio and video and should not happen, increasing FB and CFD on the command line can fix this).

This version also supports OCS (there is also a version available for Kick1.3). I will upload some HAM6 video for testing soon. An update of agaconv (with HAM6 support) is in development.

GREAT I'm going to tests
BULI is offline  
Old 01 April 2020, 14:21   #130
BULI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Rzeszów
Posts: 284
After quick tests.

NTSC (60 Hz) detection works

I'm not shure is centering working correct- I must do more tests.
I have problem (on A1200 + fast RAM and CD32 with FAST ram too) to playing videos in large size like 320x256, I have glitches on screen
In smaller resolutions like 320x196 is OK.


BTW.
Here small sample how AGA GLASTER 0.9.70 works on A1200 with FAST ram only



[ Show youtube player ]
BULI is offline  
Old 02 April 2020, 09:36   #131
movec
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULI View Post
After quick tests.

NTSC (60 Hz) detection works

I'm not shure is centering working correct- I must do more tests.
I have problem (on A1200 + fast RAM and CD32 with FAST ram too) to playing videos in large size like 320x256, I have glitches on screen
In smaller resolutions like 320x196 is OK.


BTW.
Here small sample how AGA GLASTER 0.9.70 works on A1200 with FAST ram only



[ Show youtube player ]

Nice video, always nice to see it working on systems I don't have


The one with the glitches: run it with option STATS. What are the reported values for AD and VD?
Then try the additional command line options: FB=8 CFD=5 (or FB=9 CFD=6)
movec is offline  
Old 02 April 2020, 23:33   #132
thairacerjp
Registered User

thairacerjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: FRANCE
Posts: 307
Hi Movec, i have a issue for now when i play long movie with video 640X196 256 colours,
never had this when i was doing the same with video 320X252, so i cuted a movie en 10 part of 10 mn (files are 2GB), i can look 2 part and when he want to load the third, the screen splashing and return to workbench with message "out of memory", i have a CD32 68030 TF330 with 64 MB, classic workbench, may be i must look about my residents programs ? , i play my video with the script i showed you beyond , i will do a try with the command 'splat"

Last edited by thairacerjp; 03 April 2020 at 00:49.
thairacerjp is offline  
Old 03 April 2020, 07:18   #133
movec
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by thairacerjp View Post
Hi Movec, i have a issue for now when i play long movie with video 640X196 256 colours,
never had this when i was doing the same with video 320X252, so i cuted a movie en 10 part of 10 mn (files are 2GB), i can look 2 part and when he want to load the third, the screen splashing and return to workbench with message "out of memory", i have a CD32 68030 TF330 with 64 MB, classic workbench, may be i must look about my residents programs ? , i play my video with the script i showed you beyond , i will do a try with the command 'splat"

This could be due to memory fragmentation (of the chip memory). If you have a fast system and you need to skip only few (or no) frames, you can use less frame buffers (to read ahead). Thus, in contrast to BULI, try to use less, for example run it with FB=6 PL=6 CFD=4 (or FB=5 PL=5 CFD=3). This will use less chip memory, and then it should work better. The minimum setting is FB=3 CFD=2 (or 1), PL=3.


If this happens again check with 'avail' how much chip memory is available. This value should be the same before and after playing a video - except when you have programs running in the background, and in OS 3.9 it's a good idea to turn off the command line 'history' feature on the workbench (if you want to check memory usage) which otherwise eats up memory with everything you type in, but this should only effect fast memory (and the total memory count)).

Last edited by movec; 03 April 2020 at 07:33.
movec is offline  
Old 03 April 2020, 07:46   #134
thairacerjp
Registered User

thairacerjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: FRANCE
Posts: 307
ok i will try it , iam in 3.1 system , the 3.9 is known for eating memory, also
i could disable « asimcdfs » in the startup (for
reading somes cd from clickboom games).
thanks again.

edit :
i try to clean my user startup, i have about 1.6mb chip memory free, i make some tests...............



édit 2 :

i have tried with my new psu supply and i watched 4 first segments (2 times) of the movie without problems ! A healthy psu is very important !


Last edited by thairacerjp; 03 April 2020 at 14:45.
thairacerjp is offline  
Old 08 April 2020, 10:14   #135
movec
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 98
HI guys,

I just uploaded new HAM6 and EHB CDXL test videos in various sizes and formats.
https://mschordan.github.io/amiga/agablaster.html

For HAM6 I uploaded two variants, with Bayer as well as with Floyd-Steinberg dithering. EHB videos are dithered as well. The conversion of each frame is done with ham_convert
http://mrsebe.bplaced.net/blog/wordp...ag=ham_convert

These videos should also work on every non-AGA Amiga. If somebody has a CDTV, the small videos may work there too (there is also a Kick1.3 Agablaster version, just in case

Conversion was done with AGAConv 0.9.5-alpha, which integrates ham_convert, and will be released soon.
movec is offline  
Old 17 April 2020, 13:42   #136
BULI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Rzeszów
Posts: 284
Ham player- GREAT
I will check it

And thanks for the idea of "spat" (don't forget about bits protect like "script"), it really beautifully plays all my clips automatically

Quote:
Originally Posted by movec View Post
The one with the glitches: run it with option STATS. What are the reported values for AD and VD?
Then try the additional command line options: FB=8 CFD=5 (or FB=9 CFD=6

It didn't help
It looks like is "too slow machine" effect for this stream (problem is only in 320x256).
Now, I'm using older version.



BTW
I'm using A1200 as CD32, and with AGA-Blaster i can have fantastic intro for games from CD32, like FLINK - Thanks for your work
That is an example:
[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by BULI; 17 April 2020 at 17:47.
BULI is offline  
Old 18 April 2020, 11:10   #137
movec
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULI View Post
It didn't help
It looks like is "too slow machine" effect for this stream (problem is only in 320x256).
Now, I'm using older version.
What are the values that you get for the numbers that STATS is printing?
From those values I can see what's going on.

Try to increase FB and CFD further (at some point it will run out of memory, or start working). These values help me to understand what's going on the different Amiga configurations.

What do you mean with "back to older version"? Older version of what? The video or agablaster?

So you are playing a (converted) SEGA video on your Amiga? That's funny. What is the original format of the SEGA video?
movec is offline  
Old 18 April 2020, 22:47   #138
BULI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Rzeszów
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by movec View Post
What are the values that you get for the numbers that STATS is printing?
From those values I can see what's going on

Ok, i will show you in next time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by movec View Post
Try to increase FB and CFD further (at some point it will run out of memory, or start working). These values help me to understand what's going on the different Amiga configurations.

I tried, but it didn't help.


Quote:
Originally Posted by movec View Post
What do you mean with "back to older version"? Older version of what? The video or agablaster?

Earlier version of AGABlaster.


Quote:
Originally Posted by movec View Post
So you are playing a (converted) SEGA video on your Amiga? That's funny. What is the original format of the SEGA video?
Intro from SEGA MEGA CD was ripping/capture on PC to AVI format.
I don't change nothing on Amiga CD FLINK, because i have script before run emulator, who check name/title of CD, and playing intro assigned to right title of CD (or not if title haven't got assign) from HDD/CF
BULI is offline  
Old 24 April 2020, 21:17   #139
Zarnal
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: France
Posts: 84
Hello,

How to desactivate dithering with AGAConv please ? My white backround on my video is dithered.

Thank you.
Zarnal is offline  
Old 27 April 2020, 10:39   #140
movec
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarnal View Post
Hello,

How to desactivate dithering with AGAConv please ? My white backround on my video is dithered.

Thank you.

Download the new version 0.9.5. There is now an option for this purpose.

Use --ff-dither=none
movec is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PadoraBasic: Player Cdxl, Anim, even more AMIGASYSTEM Amiga scene 0 12 March 2017 10:06
CDXL Player Retro1234 support.Apps 2 06 January 2017 10:18
CDXL Toolkit dkovacs request.Apps 16 23 November 2015 09:41
What is the best Amiga Cdxl and Anim Player? hansel75 support.Apps 3 02 February 2013 06:08
Looking for CDXL Toolkit cane request.Apps 3 05 August 2004 22:49

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09745 seconds with 16 queries