English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 16 July 2019, 16:48   #1
AmigaBill

The Guru Meditation YouTube / AmigaBill Twitch

I never made one of these threads because I am a bit self-conscious about self promotion in a place I don’t spend that much time (I love EAB and am friends with lots of folks here, but my time is spread thin on all the various social platforms) I just uploaded a video that you might be interested in and want to let folks here know about it so I decided to start this thread. It is an interview with Hi-Toro/Amiga employee #3 Joe Decuir. We met up with Mr. Decuir when he stopped by our Amiga 1000/Jay Miner tribute exhibit at VCF East. He talks about the beginning of the Amiga and a whole bunch of Amiga history. He has been out of the scene for a long time because he had to go into hiding to be protected from legal issues, but now he has become more public and is sharing his valuable stories with the community. Thank you Mr. Decuir

Joe Decuir Interview
[ Show youtube player ]

Here are a few other of our videos you may be interested in:

Samaia Halaby (Amiga Artist)
[ Show youtube player ]

Commodore fails with David John Pleasance and Trevor Disckinson
[ Show youtube player ]

Dave Haynie
[ Show youtube player ]

Glen Keller
[ Show youtube player ]

Greg Berlin
[ Show youtube player ]

I also stream Amiga stuff about once per week over on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/amigabill

Thanks everyone for all the support and I hope you enjoy the content. AMIGA4EVER!

-- Bill
Old 16 July 2019, 18:16   #2
theq

I love your videos
Old 16 July 2019, 19:59   #3
nogginthenog
Amigan

Me too!

Don't forget to follow TheGuruMeditation (Bill & co) on twitter: https://twitter.com/TheGuruMeditate
Old 17 July 2019, 12:48   #4
Lorfarius

Bill's stuff is the best Amiga Youtube content going, required watching in case anyone hasn't seen it yet!
Old 17 July 2019, 14:40   #5
AmigaBill

Aw, thank you all for the kind words. Anthony and I have been making Amiga videos since the 1990's. One is up on the channel and I should post a few more. I wish I had time to post more frequently, but fortunately work has been very busy for me the past year so the Twitch streams have worked out nice because there is no editing. But we are in in for the long haul and will continue to make videos, run the Westchester Amiga User Group, and exhibit at festivals for as long as we can lift our CRT's This stuff is super fun. Keep up the great work with your podcast as well Lorfarius
Old 17 July 2019, 17:46   #6
johnnybarker

Yeah, great work Bill! Your videos are excellent. Just about to try installing OS 4.1 on my PC after watching your vid.

Last edited by johnnybarker; 17 July 2019 at 17:48. Reason: Spelling, grammer and other syntax errors.
Old 19 July 2019, 16:15   #7
AmigaBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybarker View Post
Yeah, great work Bill! Your videos are excellent. Just about to try installing OS 4.1 on my PC after watching your vid.
Thank you! OK cool, Good luck! I should really make follow up videos to that and the OS 3.1.4 videos. I will get there one day.
Old 19 July 2019, 16:55   #8
Lous

It is a pleasure to watch your videos Bill.
Cheers
Old 22 July 2019, 03:24   #9
Ledfoot

I still need to drive up for your group meetings one of these months. Just tough given it's about a 2 hour haul during rush hour to get there from Philly...
Old 29 July 2019, 15:23   #10
AmigaBill

NEW VIDEO | Jay Miner Amiga 1000 Tribute Exhibit

NEW VIDEO | Jay Miner Amiga 1000 Tribute Exhibit at VCF East 2019. We join forces with Team Atari to pay tribute to The Father of the Amiga and Atari 8 bit computers. We will be uploading many videos over the next several weeks so stay tuned to TheGuruMeditation for "The Summer of the Guru!"? LINK: [ Show youtube player ]

I will also be streaming over on my Twitch channel on Wednesday at 3pm EDT., Can't wait to try out JetHunt!
Old 01 August 2019, 14:29   #11
Glen M

I've watched a fair few of your videos to date. Just subscribed too so I don't miss any more

Keep up the good work.