English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 10 September 2002, 00:17   #1
Jim

Question List of WHDGames

Note no #2 to moderators:
You may as well leave this thread here now. I've recieved over 75 PM's in the last hour mentioning words such as lameass, dipstick, newbie & lamer. Hell, I might just abandon the board now (please cry for me to stay) or threaten to kill myself for being such a lameass !

And you all thought you'd be able to spot if MarzAttacks comes back.

I AM MARZ !!!!

Sorry

Moderator - please delete this thread for risk of embarassment to myself for being such a pleb!.
Thanks

I've done a search but couldn't find anything !

I'm sorting thru my boxes of Amiga games and want to get rid of any that are WHDLoadable. I think I'll give them to my nephew along with a old A500 I have.

Now I have my A1200 I figure any games I want to play I'll use the WHDLoad version. Once I get my A1200 HD I'll be paying for WHDLoad and looking for and installing some WHDLoad games.

Where can I find a list of all games that are WHDLoadable (I don't wana download links, just a list) so I can sort my disk collection now.

I hope you understand what I am trying to do. I'll also give away and disks I don't play as I still have the files on ADF.

Thanks

Last edited by Jim; 10 September 2002 at 03:28.

Old 10 September 2002, 02:19   #2
RetroMan

http://www.whdload.de/games/all.html
Old 10 September 2002, 02:45   #3
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Jim, before giving the games away, perhaps you should see if any are needed by CAPS or maybe scans needed by HOL?
Old 10 September 2002, 02:55   #4
Jim

Thanks for the links guys but I already found it just after I posted (hence the post removal request!). I also found Cody's old WHDLoad FAQ which I found really helpful as I knew sod-all about it. Cheers Cody.

Don't worry !

The only games I'm gonna give to my nephew are copies. And all of these copies I have as ADF's too.

I know what a 7 year old with no respect for my antique collection will do - probably play a few games, think they're not as good as his Playstation, stick some biscuits in the A500 drive and use the disks as frisbees.

But to be honest the ebay value of copied games & a old A500 are pretty worthless - I'd rather give my childhood memories to some kid I know.

I have just bought a A1200 so am not abandoning the Amiga, merely clearing out some old stock that I do not have room for.

I'm gonna give it to him with 2 conditions - he is not allowed to sell them, he has to take care of them.

I'll post a list of my originals in my disk sorting thread in a minute.

Old 10 September 2002, 03:09   #5
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
...stick some biscuits in the A500 drive...
Oh, we're back on biscuits again...
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim

But to be honest the ebay value of copied games & a old A500 are pretty worthless - I'd rather give my childhood memories to some kid I know.

[...]

I'm gonna give it to him with 2 conditions - he is not allowed to sell them, he has to take care of them.
Yeah, I did that, too. The kid held to it, but mama's boyfriend tossed it all in the dumpster. (sigh)
Old 10 September 2002, 03:16   #6
Jim

See thread: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6254 for list of all my sorted original games + other things I plan to dump.

Last edited by Jim; 10 September 2002 at 03:22.