English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware pics

Old 03 November 2011, 22:22   #1
jimbob

Retro enough for you?

Greetings, finally got round to fixing up my A600 with a recap, retrobright, and the Schoenfeld triple whammy. This thing needs a worthy home right . . .

So, a while back I'm looking at this old record player cabinet, and I'm looking at this A600 which doesn't really have a home, and I'm thinking . . .that is damn close . . .

Oh yes!

The whole impression is pretty incongruent now I look at a photo of it, but the fit was too perfect, I love it and it's staying!

Loasda storage underneath, PSU, external floppy, disks, joysticks, books etc. all in there.

BTW, if this still isn't retro enough for you, audio duties are being handled by an old Philips radio, just visible in the upper left corner of the middle pic. The smooshiness of the valves is a great foil for the 8-bit sound.

Here are some more pics of the case mods I did to accomodate CF card and switchery and stuff -

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x249/doojum/Amiga/
Old 03 November 2011, 22:42   #2
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Nice mods detailed in the album.
What's with the resistor thingy you seem to have soldered onto a chip?
What do the switches all do?

Nice A600 project!
Old 03 November 2011, 22:59   #3
jimbob

The close ups of the motherboard are of some traces I had to repair after I tore up a few pads while recapping. This A600 had quite a lot of corrosion, especially under the floppy drive, and I am pretty green when it comes to SMT soldering.

The resistor thing? I think you mean the yellow bead type device? A factory hotfix I think. I have 3 A600, I think they all have it, but maybe not all revisions have it.

Switches are for all the ACA630 functions, The small one at the back is disable, the big one at the back is bootsel/normal/no disk changeover.

Hiding under the side is NMI button which I currently don't have a clue how to use. It didn't quite fit after I failed to account for the thickness of the case plastic and I had to saw off part of the switch.