English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 17 June 2011, 12:27   #1
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

Jimmy's Fantastic Journey / Wiz N Liz Help Required

Hi there - not a 'game request' as such, as these two are supported already - but instead more of a 'please fix so that they actually work on a CD32' request.

First of all, the latest slave of Jimmy's Fanastic Journey seems to work in CD32 emulation in UAE, but fails to load immediately after the WHDLoad message on a real console (disk access light stays on, screen black). Also, this one could be tweaked so that you can enable 2-button joypad control via a CUSTOM= switch (control is already selectable in game after pressing the spacebar - which the vanilla CD32 does not have!)

Secondly, the newer, bug-fixed version of Wiz N Liz loads on a real console up to the Pysgnosis/Lunatic logo screen, but after that the screen turns blue and the game fails to load any further. Again, this does work via emulated CD32 in UAE. When it gets stuck, the disk access light stays on, as with JFJ above. This is a real shame, as IIRC Wiz N Liz is completely playable via joystick with no keyboard input required (although I hear that you need to press the space bar to exit the bonus mini games?).

Can anyone please look into these slaves? Is it because the slave is trying to decompress files into the directory (failing on read-only media) or something like that?

Anyway, I'd love to get these working on the CD32 if at all possible - I have a lot of love for these two games, and they'd be extremely nice to get on a new compilation disc
Old 20 June 2011, 04:28   #2
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Stylus View Post
Secondly, the newer, bug-fixed version of Wiz N Liz loads on a real console up to the Pysgnosis/Lunatic logo screen, but after that the screen turns blue and the game fails to load any further. Again, this does work via emulated CD32 in UAE. When it gets stuck, the disk access light stays on, as with JFJ above. This is a real shame, as IIRC Wiz N Liz is completely playable via joystick with no keyboard input required (although I hear that you need to press the space bar to exit the bonus mini games?).
On a similar note, I remember suggesting a long while back that someone implement support for the second fire button and have it function as your "drop through platforms" action, to match how the Mega Drive version does it (because surely a press of a button would be more convenient on later levels than having to stop and press down+fire simultaneously!), but nothing seemed to come out of that. Still holding out hope! *crosses fingers*

BTW, when you talk about "newer and bug-fixed", you mean the WHDLoad slave right?
Old 20 June 2011, 10:32   #3
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

Yes of course - I was asking for an updated slave

Strangely, the older buggy slave of Wiz N Liz does work on the CD32, but it would be nice to be able to use the 100% version!
Old 21 June 2011, 01:16   #4
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

Wepl helped me to get these both working. The intro of JFJ is bugged however - let it play long enough and Jimmy dies (he shouldn't do that) and all the graphics corrupt and the sound stops - even when you start the game.

Been playing with the level skip on and gone through the whole game fine, so it's just that silly bug on real hardware. So *if* someone wants to look into that, cool, and if they want to add a CUSTOM= switch to set joypad control as default (it is already in the game!) even better.
Old 22 September 2012, 21:10   #5
Amiga1992

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I'd be interestd in making Wiz n Liz work on my CD32. The WHD version's OS blinks just drive me nuts.