English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 07 May 2018, 00:32   #141
Lemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmab View Post
I have found your comments to be nothing short of bullying to be honest. I dont exist to service the needs of people in the Amiga community. I do this for fun. I am no longer enjoying this and thats as much to do with the fact that I have a terminally ill family member needing progressively more care as well as young children to look after. The time isnt there anymore.

The boards I have created are out there for all time. So no toys have been taken away. The ones i've not released arent working anyways so there isnt much loss.
Sorry to hear about your situation, it will be sad to see you leave the Amiga scene as I have thoroughly enjoyed following the progress, your YouTube videos and streams, and what the future may of held for the terriblefire.

I wouldn't pay to much attention to Freemilk/Keith. After the whole Vampire cloning threats and stuff his repsonses are not surprising.

All the best though on whatever you work on next
Old 07 May 2018, 00:46   #142
jediknight

could be a ploy to get rid of plas so vampire sales go up . i like conspiracy's lol.
Old 07 May 2018, 02:19   #143
kolla
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight View Post
could be a ploy to get rid of plas so vampire sales go up . i like conspiracy's lol.
Yeah, those Vampire cards for A1200 and CD32 are selling like cup cakes.
Old 07 May 2018, 02:22   #144
kolla
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
- RTC clock (optional)
Why? Is it so expensive?
Old 07 May 2018, 03:00   #145
kolla
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstr View Post
All of the source code is available under GPLv3 on Github.
sana2.h is not GPL, though.
Old 07 May 2018, 04:09   #146
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
Why? Is it so expensive?

nope, but why pay for the chip etc if you already have a clockport RTC ?.

plasmab, - i went home to UK to watch my sister die slowly of cancer, not a fun thing, time is the only thing that makes it bearable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight View Post
this project is completely independent of Vampire, its not designed to compete, it is designed so people can enjoy a low cost basic fastmem device for their A1200

Last edited by kipper2k; 07 May 2018 at 04:21.
Old 07 May 2018, 10:30   #147
mkstr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
sana2.h is not GPL, though.
Good spot. I read somewhere that header files consisting entirely of a definition of a published API may be assumed to be in the public domain (since the API itself is), but I cannot find a reference to that so I have deleted the file from the repo history.

You can still build the drivers if you replace sana2.h from elsewhere.

Mike
Old 07 May 2018, 14:43   #148
Allen1

@plasmab,

I haven't been following the discussion lately and have only just browsed through some of the newer posts and read about your family situation. Family has to come first especially where there is kids and illness involved, I wish you and your family all the strength that you need to get through the fate that you face and I'm sure that everyone here feels the same way.

All the very best,
Allen.
Old 08 May 2018, 00:43   #149
solidcore

@Plasmab. Very sorry to hear about your family member. I hope you can find the time in the future to continue making good progress with your Terrible Fire Accelerator projects which we all here appreciate and have been truly inspired by them/your work.

@Everyone

Kipper2k's latest design should be with us soon, once confirmed he will be taking orders, of course if you want to pre-order please send kipper2k an email or PM. Website: www.kipper2k.com e-mail is in the contact link.
Old 08 May 2018, 11:43   #150
lord of time
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Apologies, I misinterpreted when you said

as you suggesting that Jens is ripping people off with his expensive products.

That's very unfortunate, and sounds like you should have been returning them for repair or refund and not going buying more of them, especially if you weren't sure whether the issue was with your setup(s) or the card(s).

Again, sounds like it should have been returned to the retailer as soon as you found it wasn't doing what it was advertised to.

Hmmmm, it's funny that you seem to think of Individual Computers as some sort of faceless mega-corporation... Like the Intel of the Amiga world. As companies go, Individual is way down there with the smallest, most accessible of companies that there is. Besides, just because something is open source, there's absolutely no guarantee that a) it will work at all, and b) it won't destroy itself or your machine. At least with a commercial product there is some protection against that. But who do you run to when an open source product sets your Amiga on fire because of a design flaw?
I did indeed return 2 of the rapidroad devices and they was replaced but still a massive pain in the arse, secondly I did ask about the problems with the indivision and it is how it is meant to be no fault just crap firmware!!! I will be glad when gold 3 for the vampire arrives so I can tear the bloody thing out!!!
Old 09 May 2018, 22:10   #151
dR_wH0

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidcore View Post
@Plasmab. Very sorry to hear about your family member. I hope you can find the time in the future to continue making good progress with your Terrible Fire Accelerator projects which we all here appreciate and have been truly inspired by them/your work.

@Everyone

Kipper2k's latest design should be with us soon, once confirmed he will be taking orders, of course if you want to pre-order please send kipper2k an email or PM. Website: www.kipper2k.com e-mail is in the contact link.
That's great! I think most of us though are waiting for the gerber files and a BOM to start building each our own

Those memory modules though are out of stock from mouser and I'm afraid we'll have to resort to the Chinese market

Last edited by dR_wH0; 09 May 2018 at 22:49.

Old 10 May 2018, 23:22   #152
hojo181

Hi, what will be the cost of the components /board?
Old 10 May 2018, 23:41   #153
kolla
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
nope, but why pay for the chip etc if you already have a clockport RTC?
Sorry, I was quoting the wrong section... the part I wanted to quote was about the CD32 conversion, the "(minus the clock)" part. Optional RTC is fine, not having an option is not so fine
Old 18 May 2018, 15:46   #154
Crom

Just want to say I have been a fan and supporter of Kipper projects since 2016, he has always done right by me in terms of fast delivery and communication and I am really happy he is doing this. Such a step in the right direction for the venerable A1200!
First the TF328 now this! Nice!
Old 01 June 2018, 16:35   #155
hojo181

Hi, news about the project?
Old 02 June 2018, 00:48   #156
solidcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hojo181 View Post
Hi, news about the project?
I believe kipper2k is making some final changes to the board design waiting shipment from china and then pushing to github.

No real new features to come apart from possibly dual SD card support on the driver with select lines.

Stay tuned.
Old 02 June 2018, 01:04   #157
8 Bit Dreams
Retro maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidcore View Post
I believe kipper2k is making some final changes to the board design waiting shipment from china and then pushing to github.

No real new features to come apart from possibly dual SD card support on the driver with select lines.

Stay tuned.
really worried about connectors for A1200 as Jens is the only one person who produce them...
Old 02 June 2018, 02:04   #158
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Bit Dreams View Post
really worried about connectors for A1200 as Jens is the only one person who produce them...
Lots of news, dont worry about connectors

I have created a new thread... should be available soon
Old 14 October 2019, 21:45   #159
katarakt

Ah, just found this here...is this project dead? It seems so.
Old 14 October 2019, 22:34   #160
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by katarakt View Post
Ah, just found this here...is this project dead? It seems so.
Nope: http://amigaonthelake.com/a1200sde-fast-memory-card/