English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 26 April 2012, 23:40   #41
zardoz
Zone Friend

I've just got hold of this - good work! I'm loving the idea of an emulator as good as winuae under Linux. Apologies if you've answered these questions already..

How do you quit FS-UAE under windows? I have to ctrl-alt-del as its captured my mouse and I couldn't find a shortcut.

I had to get the latest beta 1.1.9 to get the menu to work with my lowly gfx (and it's incomplete - missing png file?) . My HTPC has a Nvidia FX5200.

Thanks
Old 26 April 2012, 23:49   #42
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zardoz View Post
I've just got hold of this - good work! I'm loving the idea of an emulator as good as winuae under Linux. Apologies if you've answered these questions already..

How do you quit FS-UAE under windows? I have to ctrl-alt-del as its captured my mouse and I couldn't find a shortcut.
Hope you enjoy the emulator F12 opens the menu where you can navigate to the close button in the upper-right corner (with cursor keys and activate with return). You should also be able to close it with Alt+F4. (And finally, you can open the menu with start+select buttons on gamepads)

Quote:
I had to get the latest beta 1.1.9 to get the menu to work with my lowly gfx
Yes, Nvidia FX5200 is only compatible with OpenGL 1.5 API , FS-UAE was recently made compatible with older standards. The 1.0.x series required OpenGL 2.0+.

Quote:
(and it's incomplete - missing png file?) . My HTPC has a Nvidia FX5200.
Thanks
If you have discovered a bug in 1.1.9, please report the details of it here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=63789, and I will fix it. You just have to give some more details so I understand what's missing, and uploading a log file is never a bad idea
Old 01 May 2012, 22:50   #43
nexusle
Banned

Hi Frode,

I wished to have a ability to localize FS-UAE to german. Is this possible to implement?
Old 01 May 2012, 23:26   #44
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusle View Post
I wished to have a ability to localize FS-UAE to german. Is this possible to implement?
It is a bit of work to get it up and running, but I don't mind adding support for gettext style message catalogs (via gettext or glib). And I'll have to add umlaut characters to the bitmap font
Old 02 May 2012, 00:40   #45
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Hi Frode, I wished to have a ability to localize FS-UAE to german. Is this possible to implement?
I just decided to implement it here and now, so I have added the necessary infrastructure to support localization. I'll post a po-file (de.po) for you to translate when I have marked strings for translation in the source code.

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 02 May 2012 at 01:27.
Old 02 May 2012, 01:07   #46
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

German po file available in this forum thread:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=64143

If anyone else wants to translate FS-UAE to other languages, please post a reply in the above mentioned thread.
Old 02 May 2012, 08:25   #47
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
maybe i can help to traduce in french
Old 02 May 2012, 18:13   #48
Speedvicio

Frode, can you insert a parameter to select scale presets (full frame etc) at emulation start, and a parameter to select/disable audio Amiga filter?
Old 02 May 2012, 19:43   #49
nexusle
Banned

Another feature request from me

Is it possible to implement an option to save the current configuration from within fs-uae?? Many things I would do next time with fs-uae I would save before restarting the emulator. In this case, I must edit the config file AFTER the actual fs-uae session. A button like "save current config" would be useful!

I mean the actual set shader or inserted floppy/cd image or selected input device
Old 02 May 2012, 23:53   #50
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedvicio View Post
Frode, can you insert a parameter to select scale presets (full frame etc) at emulation start
Yes, I was planning to do this, but it didn't make it for 1.2.0. Coming soon.

Quote:
and a parameter to select/disable audio Amiga filter?
Perhaps this is more of an advanced/custom options which is just as well served with an uae_ override:
Code:
uae_sound_filter = off / emulated / on
uae_sound_filter_type = standard / enhanced
(I haven't tried them, but should work in all recent FS-UAE versions).

Quote:

Is it possible to implement an option to save the current configuration from within fs-uae?? Many things I would do next time with fs-uae I would save before restarting the emulator. In this case, I must edit the config file AFTER the actual fs-uae session. A button like "save current config" would be useful!

I mean the actual set shader or inserted floppy/cd image or selected input device
Hi, I understand what you want here, and it's a sensible request But I don't think I'll manage to get it done during 1.3.x. I'll add it to my todo/ideas document, so I don't forget to consider it later.
Old 03 May 2012, 17:49   #51
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:

It may be a bit less work than I initially thought. I can save the current configuration to Configurations/Last.fs-uae or something when FS-UAE quits (if I keep the configuration updated when you change options in the GUI). And another (related) possibility is to add an option to always save the state to a reserved slot on quit.
Old 03 May 2012, 21:54   #52
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Frode, can you insert a parameter to select scale presets (full frame etc) at emulation start, and a parameter to select/disable audio Amiga filter?
Parameter added in 1.3.2, see earlier post for audio Amiga filter!
Old 03 May 2012, 22:51   #53
Foul

F11 has not effect in 1.3.2 for me..
Attached Files
File Type: zip Default.fs-uae.zip (671 Bytes, 223 views)
File Type: zip FS-UAE.log.zip (12.7 KB, 207 views)
Old 04 May 2012, 00:39   #54
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul View Post
F11 has not effect in 1.3.2 for me..
As in nothing at all? Or just that you don't get the intended effect? It should cycle zoom modes *and* there should be displayed an on-screen message.

Did this happen in 1.3.2, or has it been problematic earlier? Try first to press and release all ctrl, shift and alt buttons before pressing F11, does this change anything? Fullscreen / Window, Input grab / no input grab, makes no difference?
Old 04 May 2012, 08:26   #55
Foul

re-tested this morning .. in fact, it has no effect on workbench screen but working in game/demo... so i think it's "normal"
Old 04 May 2012, 17:21   #56
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul View Post
re-tested this morning .. in fact, it has no effect on workbench screen but working in game/demo... so i think it's "normal"
It doesn't have any effect in RTG mode (by design). I'll add the following GUI warning when you press F11 in RTG mode: "Zoom is disabled in RTG mode".
Old 05 May 2012, 20:03   #57
nexusle
Banned

Hi Frode,

please can you implement the ability of RDB hardfiles? At now, in FS-UAE I can't setup hardfiles with separate partitions. I've thinking about a config option like:

"hard_drive_rdb = path"
Old 05 May 2012, 20:10   #58
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Hi Frode,

please can you implement the ability of RDB hardfiles? At now, in FS-UAE I can't setup hardfiles with separate partitions. I've thinking about a config option like:

"hard_drive_rdb = path"
It is implemented, and I have tested it with an RDB file. Just point hard_drive_0 to an rdb file and it should automatically detect that it is an RDB file. If it doesn't work, then perhaps there are some RDB files FS-UAE does not correctly detect. In that cause, please open a support thread for that problem with log file, and some information about the RDB file (file size, anything else which may be relevant).
Old 06 May 2012, 00:13   #59
lesta_smsc

I've just tried FS-UAE with Xbox 360 controller - was a little puzzled how to configure it but low and behold the emulator already associated this with Joystick! Also, now I can fully appreciate what you meant when you said an emulator that can be controlled fully via controller! AMAZING!!! One suggestion... any chance of 'ALT-TAB' alternative to make game full screen/windowed via control OR another 'button' in the menu to allow this? Thanks Frode - continually impressed! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to test online now!
Old 06 May 2012, 13:36   #60
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
I've just tried FS-UAE with Xbox 360 controller - was a little puzzled how to configure it but low and behold the emulator already associated this with Joystick! Also, now I can fully appreciate what you meant when you said an emulator that can be controlled fully via controller! AMAZING!!! One suggestion... any chance of 'ALT-TAB' alternative to make game full screen/windowed via control OR another 'button' in the menu to allow this? Thanks Frode - continually impressed! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to test online now!
I suppose I could make it possible to to custom input mapping to map keys/buttons to the fullscreen toggle action. I just didn't think it was useful, since often the reason one switches to window mode is to use the keyboard (in another application) anyway