English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 12 April 2012, 18:24   #1
mark_k

Keyboard reset warning support broke in 2.4.0 beta 21

Keyboard reset warning support seems to be broken in WinUAE 2.4.0. It was working in 2.3.3 so I tested some of the 2.4.0 betas and the first bad one seems to be 2.4.0 beta 21.

I was using the same config each time. The reset-warning-using program I'm using is ReKickReset.
Old 13 April 2012, 16:01   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Will be fixed in next beta.

I thought it worked because I saw normal log messages and I didn't test using some "real" test program..
Old 17 April 2012, 15:32   #3
mark_k

Testing with 2.4.1 beta 6, reset warning works again. However, there is a problem. WinUAE seems to remember the initial setting for reset warning support, and that persists even if another config is used which has the opposite setting. Example:
  • Download http://aminet.net/package/util/boot/ResetHandler. Format and Install a floppy disk, copy ResetHandler to it. You can create an S/Startup-Sequence file which runs ResetHandler to save typing later.
  • Run WinUAE. Select A1200 in Quickstart, and the floppy image you just created. Click Start. Once ResetHandler runs, press Ctrl-A-A and get the 10-second countdown window as expected.
  • Press F12 to bring up settings window. In Quickstart, change to A600 then click Reset.
  • The disk boots. Once ResetHandler runs, press Ctrl-A-A. The countdown window opens (it shouldn't since A600 keyboards don't support reset warning).
  • Quit WinUAE and run it again. Select A600 Quickstart and boot the floppy. This time, pressing Ctrl-A-A resets immediately (which is correct).
  • Press F12 and change to A1200 Quickstart, click Reset. Boot the floppy. Pressing Ctrl-A-A resets immediately (should show countdown window).

The same issue shows if, using an otherwise identical config, after starting emulation you press F12, untick Compatible Settings in Adv. Chipset and change the KB Reset Warning checkbox.