English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 16 September 2006, 12:46   #1
keropi

Question why LOCK the new amikit 1.2.0 news thread?

I thought the news items where also free to discuss upon, why the thread was closed "as requested" ?
because glwxxx feared he would get flamed? I don't get it. why lock it? what is the reason?
AdSense AdSense  
Old 16 September 2006, 13:32   #2
BippyM
Global Moderator

The thread starter requested it be locked, so it is.

And let's be honest, better it is locked as opposed to members receiving a warning for flaming another member!
Old 16 September 2006, 13:39   #3
keropi

totally wrong IMHO
Old 16 September 2006, 13:41   #4
BippyM
Global Moderator

The news was posted and glwxxx doesn't want to discuss it. He knows that amikit wont be discussed and so do you.

It is the right decision considering the circumstances, you along with maybe 2-3 other members just want to flame glwxxx and amikit.

If you don't then you can discuss amikit in here and if the moderators consider it to not be a flame the post will remain. If it is a flame it'll be deleted without warning!
Old 16 September 2006, 13:54   #5
Duke
HOL-Team

Send a message via ICQ to Duke Send a message via Skype™ to Duke
Thread locking should be a last step, not a preventive measure. If he can't take negative responses, he shouldn't post here at all.
Old 16 September 2006, 14:02   #6
BippyM
Global Moderator

Duke I agree closing a thread should be a last measure.

We all know that Amikit itself wont be judged or discussed in the thread, instead a slating of GLWxxx will take place regarding deadwood and to that issue is now finished.
Old 16 September 2006, 14:09   #7
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Yeah, glwxxx said recently he was quitting the board and wouldn't be posting anymore.

What a lying sack of shit.
Old 16 September 2006, 14:09   #8
Marcuz
Wurk???

yeah it should be last measure, but in this case it's fair to me, i've no issues about it. see it as a balance for all the flaming the last weeks.
Old 16 September 2006, 14:12   #9
Marcuz
Wurk???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous
Yeah, glwxxx said last he was quitting the board and wouldn't be posting anymore.

What a lying sack of shit.
how many times you should be said to please stop 1) insults 2) flaming 3) not called for shit?
Old 16 September 2006, 14:14   #10
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Clearly he *has* called for it IMHO by his unconscionable actions.
Old 16 September 2006, 14:17   #11
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous
Clearly he *has* called for it IMHO by his unconscionable actions.
We are not discussing this here.

This is EXACTLY why the thread was locked so please everyone stop flaming and arguing.

I don't want to have to start deleting posts and locking more threads etc because a few members can't let what happened go!
Old 16 September 2006, 14:18   #12
Marcuz
Wurk???

[edited away: Bippym said it for me]
Old 16 September 2006, 14:37   #13
Ultron
Something

Yeah, sorry but after what this guy did, he threw a fit and claimed not be on the forum anymore - fine. Apparently he couldn't take the consequences of the actions he took - fine.

But now, he comes back, to spam his little project, and then asks for a lock so he won't hear the criticism? not fine

What is it Mr.glwxxx?

Do we not want to hear about what you did to a website bringing it down without no reasons that had anything to do with you nor the many of the peple \ projects hosted on it?

Do we not want to hear how Amigan software provided valued material for free and had no other intention to keep the amiga emulation landscape alive, while you distribute free software and accept monetary "contributions"?

Do we not want to hear about the hypocrisy of blasting someone out of the internet for distributing an abandoned, unsuported, banrupted company, OS for completely for free, while you accept cash as contribution for distributing software you never created?

Do we no want to hear how you cowardly took this not only to the ISP hosting but to AmigaWorld.net in desperate attempts to gather agreements and even there you were defeated by poll and discussion by people, even there! an AmigaOne fanatic's lair, on the fact that distributing abandoned ware is more benefitial to the Amiga community than prejudicial?

Yes. I too wouldn't like to hear many of these things. But i, at least, would have the decency to stop the spamming into a project that accepts contributions, and the decency of, if doing it, accepting the criticism that goes with the territory.
Old 16 September 2006, 14:41   #14
Paul
RIP Friends

I wouldn’t normally close news posts like this, but I thought it was wise to do this as I didn’t want to see this disagreement start up again. This thread shows I was correct to do so.

Thread Closed
AdSense AdSense