English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 17 September 2003, 00:09   #81
JudasEZT

this forum is cool, I bet soon will post even the queen of england.

Richard, soundtrack of ChaosEngine is superb!!
Old 17 September 2003, 12:02   #82
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Eek

WOW, Richard Joseph! Not here for a few days & look what happens! Still gotta take my hat off to your work on Cannon Fodder,Speedball 2,& even going back to your C64 days with stuff like Barbarian too. How you made something like the Cannon Fodder theme tune seem like a "CD off a floppy", is something I'll always respect!
Old 05 October 2003, 22:02   #83
Richard Joseph

Well at least one bit of the puzzle is solved. I've uploaded the Chinto's Revenge ingame music mod...

noises.iwarp.com

Note the htm extention! My crap server won't allow the mod extention but the file IS a mod. Rename as needed :-)

Richard

Last edited by Richard Joseph; 05 October 2003 at 22:35.

Old 07 October 2003, 18:43   #84
Amiga1992

Richard!!! Thanks a million

*stores mod in aGTW vault*
Old 10 December 2004, 09:46   #85
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Whatever happened to those nice looking games Team17 showed previews of to the Amiga mags... ISTR one was called King Something and looked like an RPG ???
Old 10 December 2004, 10:15   #86
Kodoichi
Banned

Location: I'm the smiling face on your TV, I exploit you still you love me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Joseph
Note the htm extention! My crap server won't allow the mod extention but the file IS a mod. Rename as needed :-)
Is it really a mod? If so, Winamp should be able to play it, but it doesn't.

Edit: Oh great, your hoster automatically added a banner script into the file.
Old 11 December 2004, 01:54   #87
Photon

I made a Pac-Man clone that was supposed to be on a CU Amiga cover disk... I got a job, so it was never finished. A friend was supposed to make levels for it, but he never did, it kinda ran out in the sand. It had a nice raytraced intro pic, tho. But only two levels. If anyone's interested I'll dig it up.
Old 11 December 2004, 04:23   #88
oldpx

RICHARD JOSEPH posted here and we can still find a reason to bitch.

Old 11 December 2004, 20:48   #89
mcbpete
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to mcbpete Send a message via Yahoo to mcbpete
When does this site ETA. I'm getting itchy fingers waiting for it
Old 21 December 2004, 10:12   #90
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

King of Thieves by Team 17.... didnt get published.. any idea why?

Old 05 April 2005, 18:04   #91
Tandemar

Universal Monsters By Ocean

I may be wrong...because it's been a long long time ...but the only BUTLER involved with Universal Monsters was Simon Butler...the Artist and Designer on this project.

And the reason I know that is because it's me.

I designed this game for Ocean and worked on it until the end...not that the game was completed mind you...because it wasn't. The Coder, Mike Halsall slogged away at this for the best part of what seemed to be two years...might be wrong there as well...but he just couldn't get it to work.

All the graphics were finished by myself and Martin MacDonald...but unfortunately the game never saw the light of day.

ah well...never mind

who IS Chris Butler by the way?

Old 01 May 2005, 17:59   #92
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandemar
who IS Chris Butler by the way?
*Bump*
Welcome Simon Butler to EAB! Your description on Frank Gasking's superb C64 GTW site about Total Recall Mk1 has to rank amongst the all-time funniest on-coming trainwreck disaster development stories! Not so funny to try & collaberate something quickly enough to prevent bankruptcy though, I'd assume.

As for your question,who was Chris Butler?!
Given you worked at Ocean, (& hence not likely to cross paths with someone who worked elsewhere), I guess its not a surprising question though!
Chris Butler was fondly remembered by many C64 veterans for his great arcade conversions. Though not pixel perfect, they tended to be quite playable. His best translations were C64 Ghost 'n' Goblins, Power Drift, & Ninja Spirit. Though not noted for his original C64 works, late in the C64's commercial life he also did Turbocharge for System 3, which was considered by many amongst the best 3D sprite based racing games for the C64. Before that he done games for Elite, U.S. Gold, & Activision amongst others.
Old 29 June 2005, 14:45   #93
mcbpete
Zone Friend

Any new ETA news? I so need to see this site
Old 29 June 2005, 15:07   #94
DeAdLy_cOoKiE

http://hol.abime.net/4408

I've seen some nice looking pictures of this 3D game in an old mag, which I still have. Picture Metal Masters in 3D.
Old 01 July 2005, 20:05   #95
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbpete
Any new ETA news? I so need to see this site
That's a question that's been asked here and at the C64 GTW site quite a few times over the last year, but it's continually ignored. Don't wait on the edge of your seat for an answer or anything!
Old 10 July 2005, 21:26   #96
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandemar
All the graphics were finished by myself and Martin MacDonald...but unfortunately the game never saw the light of day.
Cool

Well, if there's a slight chance that you still have some of the graphics ... could you try searching for them?
I think if the game is not available for one reason or another, it's at least better than nothing if we have a handful of good screenshots in HOL.
(and I am not talking about those from the demo on cover disk which is usually sized down to bits to fit in the very limited disk space )

Also the unfinished (post-demo) game would be interesting to see, if you'd still preserved that disk, that is
Old 28 August 2005, 19:45   #97
mcbpete
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong
That's a question that's been asked here and at the C64 GTW site quite a few times over the last year, but it's continually ignored. Don't wait on the edge of your seat for an answer or anything!
Damn, it's really frustrating because it looks such a fantastic project and with the C64 GTW providing hours of entertainment and with such great updates every month it just makes me long for an Amiga version even more. I'm just praying that the project has not been simply abandoned....

It seems rather ironic now that the site has the tagline "Coming Sooner Than You Thought" as I thought it was going to be open at least a year ago.
Old 16 December 2005, 19:47   #98
StarEye
Zone Friend

I remember seeing a screenshot of King of Thieves in an amiga magazine back then. I'll check to see if I can find the mag again.
Old 30 January 2006, 12:38   #99
cai24
Graphics Astronaut

Wow, I just now noticed this thread.. and I realized should have posted in this thread in the first place..silly me! ..there are lot of veterans here.. it warms my heart

I was working on a terramarque back at '94-'95 and I just recently had an OK from housemarque to publish my work on the net.. they will be up on my homepage later, I will let you know so you can get them for your archives if you want to.. material I got are gfx from unpublished elfmania datadisk and P.I.Dollarally I was doing with stavros..there's *quite a lot* of stuff that's never been seen before.. I just transferred and converted them all from my old disks last week..

but yeah, it seems I should post news here when the stuff is online..
Old 31 January 2006, 07:35   #100
blade002
Zone Friend

Yeah, "King Of Thieves" looked like it was going to be a great game!. i remember seeing the preview shots of it in The One.

Another game that never made it through was one called "Dynamic Debugger", which was going to be the first ever HAM Mode platform game. I saw it advertised in ACE in about 1990 or 89 ?.. cant remember now, but i might try and dig up my old magazines and scan the add. It really looked great!!.

And whats this!?. RICHARD JOSEPH is posting on here???.. WOW!!.. HEY RICHARD, HOW THE HELL ARE YA!??, LOVE YOUR WORK!. hehehe..

Plus we also have one of the guys who worked with "Terramarque" here too!! BTW, how the hell did you guys manage to achieve that parallax scrolling routine in Elfmania???????... it blew my mind!

Last edited by blade002; 31 January 2006 at 07:44.