English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 25 April 2012, 15:55   #1
bluepill

Bullfrog's Fusion retro-remake

Hi,
I am starting a little remake of Bullfrog's Fusion game and I am looking for some advice.

I have the game up and running in WinUAE from the floppy images I found at LemonAmiga. I also have a sprite ripper from RetroRemakes (GfxRip). I have manages to collect some sprites but I am having trouble finding the backgrounds. Should I expect to be able to find pretty much everything that I can see on the level that is loaded when I do the savestate in WinUAE?

I am, slowly, compiling a map for level 1. This is really tedious stuff. I pause WinUAE, grab a screenshot to file, move the ship across the screen a bit and repeat. Then pull the images into photoshop and stitch them all together. Is there a simpler/better way?

I was hoping to be able to do a uncompressed video capture and then pull out the frames which I want. But still I'd have the photoshop stitching work.

Finally, does anyone know if there is an invulnerability crack/hack for this game. I'm not going to be able to do level 2 this way. I die constantly at the moment so I doubt I'd even get to level 2.

thx

Old 25 April 2012, 15:58   #2
s2325
Zone Friend

Try cheatcodes: http://hol.abime.net/637/cheatcode
Old 25 April 2012, 16:34   #3
deicidal
Registered Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
Hi,
I am starting a little remake of Bullfrog's Fusion game and I am looking for some advice.

I have the game up and running in WinUAE from the floppy images I found at LemonAmiga. I also have a sprite ripper from RetroRemakes (GfxRip). I have manages to collect some sprites but I am having trouble finding the backgrounds. Should I expect to be able to find pretty much everything that I can see on the level that is loaded when I do the savestate in WinUAE?

I am, slowly, compiling a map for level 1. This is really tedious stuff. I pause WinUAE, grab a screenshot to file, move the ship across the screen a bit and repeat. Then pull the images into photoshop and stitch them all together. Is there a simpler/better way?

I was hoping to be able to do a uncompressed video capture and then pull out the frames which I want. But still I'd have the photoshop stitching work.

Finally, does anyone know if there is an invulnerability crack/hack for this game. I'm not going to be able to do level 2 this way. I die constantly at the moment so I doubt I'd even get to level 2.

thx
The graphics as far as i can tell is all in the game & game2 directories
Old 26 April 2012, 11:39   #4
bluepill

Great. Thanks. I'll try and have a look in the game directories.

Thanks for the link to HOL. I had found those cheats before; but thought I'd check if anyone knew of an invulnerable crack.

Old 26 April 2012, 12:23   #5
bluepill

After a bit of messing around I managed to get the files out of the ADF and into Windows. Unfortunately photoshop doesn't recognise the files. Any suggestions?

I guess you can tell I really am not up to speed with the whole Amiga side of things... It is truly amazing what one forgets over the years. I used to know my A500, A3000 and A4000 backwards, forwards and around corners.

Old 26 April 2012, 12:59   #6
deicidal
Registered Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
After a bit of messing around I managed to get the files out of the ADF and into Windows. Unfortunately photoshop doesn't recognise the files. Any suggestions?

I guess you can tell I really am not up to speed with the whole Amiga side of things... It is truly amazing what one forgets over the years. I used to know my A500, A3000 and A4000 backwards, forwards and around corners.
See the zone in a nice friendly gif format
Old 26 April 2012, 13:26   #7
Big-Byte
Long time member

I cannot remember where I saw it but if you have Paint .net then someone has written a plugin that allows you to load in IFF images
Old 26 April 2012, 13:49   #8
deicidal
Registered Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Byte View Post
I cannot remember where I saw it but if you have Paint .net then someone has written a plugin that allows you to load in IFF images
I just copied the folders to windows, renamed all the files to iff and the used paint shop pro to convert them.
Old 26 April 2012, 14:28   #9
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Byte View Post
Probably here , posted yesterday:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=64048
Old 26 April 2012, 14:29   #10
bluepill

Once again after a bit of messing around I got a nice little Windows utility called Irfanview to open the IFF-ILBM images and batch convert to uncompressed PNG.

I will re-read the stickies about the proper way to provide sprites to the project and upload.