English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 17 May 2013, 17:33   #1
SedrynTyros
Registered User
SedrynTyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 28
Question Problems loading HDFs with KS 1.3 in WinUAE v2.6.0

Yeah, I know that "not working" isn't very helpful, but I'm not in the position at the moment to upload configs or logs so I thought I'd check to see if anyone else is having this problem. I should be able to get logs/configs up sometime this weekend if I'm unable to determine what the problem is between now and then.

Basically what's happening is that I have a couple of HDFs that have Workbench 1.3 installed on them but instead of booting normally like they did on WinUAE v2.5.0 and v2.5.1 I'm now seeing a hardware error, followed by that Guru red outlined message if I attempt to proceed, before I even see the usual OS loading screen. I typically use "Fastest Possible" CPU with Immediate Blitter (the end of startup-sequence uses uae-configuration to switch to cycle-exact mode) but I tried using a couple of different KS 1.3 QuickStart configs with the slider set to Best Compatibility as a starting point then added in one of the HDFs as a bootable device but then I just get a white screen of nada.

Anyway, I only just started looking into this last night so there could something simple I'm overlooking, but I've never run into this problem before when reusing a HDF that I'd created in an older version of WinUAE (these HDFs were created using WinUAE v2.5.0). Also worth noting, I have a couple of other HDFs that are setup with Workbench 3.1 and WHDLoad 17.1 and they seem to work just fine in WinUAE v2.6.0!

Perhaps if anyone else is having a similar issue they can get some relevant logs or screenshots up sooner than I can. If not, hopefully I can get that info up sooner rather than later.
SedrynTyros is offline  
Old 17 May 2013, 23:39   #2
SedrynTyros
Registered User
SedrynTyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 28
Okay, I had some time to get a couple of screenshots along with a config file. For some reason, I didn't see any winuaelog.txt despite having enabled "Log illegal memory accesses" in the config.

When I first start emulation, I see the screen shown in "WinUAE260-error1.png". If I click the cancel option, I then see the screen shown in "WinUAE260-error2.png". If I then left click, it goes back to WinUAE260-error1.png.

EDIT:

I found the enable full logging option and changed the file to winuaelog.txt then attached the file. Not sure if it's any different info than what's in winuaebootlog.txt ... except maybe more activity before I closed emulation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WinUAE260-error1.png
Views:	203
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	35407   Click image for larger version

Name:	WinUAE260-error2.png
Views:	231
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	35408  
Attached Files
File Type: uae WinUAE260-WB13.uae (14.6 KB, 59 views)
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (10.2 KB, 97 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (13.2 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by SedrynTyros; 17 May 2013 at 23:49.
SedrynTyros is offline  
Old 18 May 2013, 11:14   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 45
Posts: 23,814
It appears to be side-effect of new filesystem handling.

1.3 L:FastFileSystem does not seem to support OFS and new WinUAE now by default always attempts to load FileSystem if it is not included in ROM FileSystem.resource and 1.3 does not create this resource by default.

Workarounds:
- Rename or delete "C:\Emulation\Data\Amiga\ROMs\FastFileSystem" (But note that this can break your existing 1.3 FFS hardfile configurations without modifying FileSys hardfile parameter)
- Convert your OFS partition to FFS. OFS formatted harddrive is not that good idea. (slow, very small sized limit)
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 18 May 2013, 19:47   #4
SedrynTyros
Registered User
SedrynTyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
It appears to be side-effect of new filesystem handling.

1.3 L:FastFileSystem does not seem to support OFS and new WinUAE now by default always attempts to load FileSystem if it is not included in ROM FileSystem.resource and 1.3 does not create this resource by default.

Workarounds:
- Rename or delete "C:\Emulation\Data\Amiga\ROMs\FastFileSystem" (But note that this can break your existing 1.3 FFS hardfile configurations without modifying FileSys hardfile parameter)
- Convert your OFS partition to FFS. OFS formatted harddrive is not that good idea. (slow, very small sized limit)
Thanks, Toni. Either of those solutions you provided do indeed fix the problem. I think the better of the two will be to move the disks to FFS so I'm going that route.
SedrynTyros is offline  
Old 18 May 2013, 20:23   #5
thomas
Registered User
thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,005
Even better would be to move to a RDB-mode VHD file.
thomas is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problems with flickering while loading games. VoltureX project.WHDLoad 10 05 October 2012 23:36
Illegal problems when loading whd commodoresales New to Emulation or Amiga scene 4 28 March 2012 01:19
Winuae and .hdfs hamster support.WinUAE 0 05 August 2007 23:01
Problems with loading savestates Melvein New to Emulation or Amiga scene 0 08 June 2003 13:25

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.06825 seconds with 16 queries