English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 22 February 2020, 15:42   #1
ChEd1980

Strange composite video issue following a recap

I'd like to run this one past you all to see if you can help guide me in the right direction as to what I can check/do.

I sent my A600 away for a recap and it has come back now and I have been testing it and everything is working great apart from the composite video output.

I don't think the power supply is the issue as it was previously running a CF HDD without issue and whilst I did get a new 4MB RAM expansion for it I still see flickering regardless of whether the additional RAM is on there.

Before I sent it away composite and RGB were perfect and now the composite is doing a strange colour flickering on my CRT TV and also when I use my USB capture device.

The picture is clean and pretty sharp but the red and blue are flickering quite badly/randomly but the green seems to be ok!?

Any idea what could cause the colours to flicker? It looks like its going greyscale when the colours go out.

RGB output is fine but I'd like to be able to use composite to feed it into my USB capture device to put it up on my PC I could record it doing that if and put up a video if that would help but I think I'm really looking for what I need to check out to troubleshoot it.