English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 04 October 2016, 21:27   #641
AMIGASYSTEM

Thank you the answer arti (I had not recognized RIVA Player), we confidently await the next version

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 04 October 2016 at 21:44.
Old 04 October 2016, 21:33   #642
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

And how did you make to use Riva to play the videos? Send me a PM if you like or explain it a bit here, please.

And does it work also with the no FPU NetSurf version?
Old 04 October 2016, 22:43   #643
xboxown

This is the secret! With Amiga you need to pay monthly using this site http://video.online-convert.com in order to watch videos more than 100 MB. Here is the registration link: https://www.online-convert.com/register
Old 06 October 2016, 23:04   #644
Sir_Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by arti View Post
Hi Retrofan,

I got AmiKitReal working on Vampire 500.

I had to comment some lines in S-S and it worked out of the box.

Also I had to switch to MUI 3.8 'cos 4.0 hanged on file requester.

Here is video of playing youtube on NetSurf on AKReal 8.6:

[ Show youtube player ]

Thanks, for working on it.
Congratulations!! This looks really nice, taking into consideration that it's A500 with V500
Old 12 October 2016, 20:18   #645
AMIGASYSTEM

Ciao Retrofan, i tried to install 8.7 AKReal and I encountered some problems on fonts, "icons without text" and guru with CPU 060 (there are adequate libraries)
Old 12 October 2016, 20:20   #646
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Full install or update? WinUAE or real? Clean install or fully changed AKReal? Also, what 060 libraries, what card do you try? You can use 060 with the ones offered by MorpheuZ, and it works perfect with them on WinUAE.

If it is with a real Amiga, try it first on WinUAE and tell me if you find any problem there, so I can replicate it.

Edit: I've just tried adding 060 using MorpheuZ. It works perfect on WinUAE with a B1260 or with PPC even and I don't believe Toni Willen has a bad emulation...

I know you like to install a lot of things on WinUAE. Try a clean install and tell then. BTW: Do not forget to add BB2, as you don't install it in the video you made.

About icons without text, when I've needed to make any, just use a space as name.

EDIT: As you say by PM, you've installed till BB4. IT won't work with that. It is adviced everywhere to install only TILL BB2, the official updates, not any other unofficial one that as you can see crashes your Amiga.

Last edited by Retrofan; 16 October 2016 at 01:27.
Old 13 October 2016, 20:50   #647
bebek

Can I install new version over old one? I do not have network in my a600 and can not use live update.
Old 13 October 2016, 21:32   #648
demolition
Unregistered User

Want to try it out on my Vampire A600 but cannot figure out how to install a fresh WB 3.9.. I have it on an original CD even but have no Amiga with a CD drive. So I ripped the CD to an image and tried to attach that in WinUAE but cannot get it to pop up inside WB no matter how I do it. Any tips?
Old 13 October 2016, 21:57   #649
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebek View Post
Can I install new version over old one? I do not have network in my a600 and can not use live update.
You can download the necessary files on your PC and transfer them to your Amiga:

Manual update:

http://www.real.amiga.sk/knowledge-base.htm#livemanual

But for a manual update the AKReal files are in another place, add real to the paths, for example: http://update.amiga.sk/real/AmiKit_UpdateScript870

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Want to try it out on my Vampire A600 but cannot figure out how to install a fresh WB 3.9.. I have it on an original CD even but have no Amiga with a CD drive. So I ripped the CD to an image and tried to attach that in WinUAE but cannot get it to pop up inside WB no matter how I do it. Any tips?
I use the Alcohol program to add Cd images to my PC, but you also can add the CD as dir with device name CD0 and the name of the real CD, but with a real CD the best is to tick in Hardrives "CDFS automount CD/DVD drives" and select the drive letter of your CD.

Last edited by Retrofan; 13 October 2016 at 22:04.
Old 13 October 2016, 22:01   #650
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
I use the Alcohol program to add Cd images to my PC, but you also can add the CD as dir with device name CD0 and the name of the real CD
Win10 has a built-in function for mounting ISOs so that's the easy part. I tried mounting the CD as a directory but it screwed up the file names as they all became capitals for some reason.. Thus I would like to mount the ISO directly inside the Amiga so nothing is changed in the conversion from Windows to Amiga world.
Old 14 October 2016, 20:45   #651
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

If you've got the image mounted, make as I added in my last post. Check CDFS automount and select the unit of your drive where you've got the CD mounted.

@Demolition now do not forget to update to BoingBag 2 (no more): http://os.amigaworld.de/index.php?lang=en&page=12

And then add the MUI key to S and also your kickstarts to Devs.

Edit: Ups... I've heard about problems with the Boing Bag 2 and the Vampire, so it's up to you.

Last edited by Retrofan; 14 October 2016 at 21:56.
Old 15 October 2016, 01:12   #652
bebek

I have no problems with BB2.

Thanks for manual update directions.

One more problem, most of the time directory opus is loading before resolution is changed and it is stuck with intuition library error - close screen ble ble. I thought about using wait instruction but not sure where in startup-sequence is the best place to use it ..
Old 15 October 2016, 14:30   #653
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebek View Post
I have no problems with BB2.

Thanks for manual update directions.

One more problem, most of the time directory opus is loading before resolution is changed and it is stuck with intuition library error - close screen ble ble. I thought about using wait instruction but not sure where in startup-sequence is the best place to use it ..

I'm sorry but I don't have a Vampire so I can not guess what to change or what problem can it have with the resolutions it can use with the Vampire. In your place I would change the monitor you are trying. Also, I don't know if that can be a problem between the Vampire and BB2, so don't be so sure to say that you don't have problems with it.

You also can rename WBStartup as WBStartupDisabled and if it boots ok, then open each program one by one.

Last edited by Retrofan; 16 October 2016 at 01:31.
Old 16 October 2016, 02:29   #654
bebek

Quote:
I'm sorry but I don't have a Vampire so I can not guess what to change or what problem can it have with the resolutions it can use with the Vampire. In your place I would change the monitor you are trying. Also, I don't know if that can be a problem between the Vampire and BB2, so don't be so sure to say that you don't have problems with it.

You also can rename WBStartup as WBStartupDisabled and if it boots ok, then open each program one by one.
It is not a problem with Vamipre as such. It looks like it boots a bit quicker and resolution will not change as some program has opened window before it happened Anyway, it is much better with newest version so will have to leave it like this. Other that this the rest is awesome , thanks.
Old 16 October 2016, 07:59   #655
portarinos

@demolition

Check out my video on youtube and you will figure out how to install 3.9 without the need to have a cdrom connected to your miggy.

[ Show youtube player ]

All the necessary files (not the ISO though but it seems you already have one) can be downloaded from the link in the video's description.
Old 16 October 2016, 16:35   #656
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Bebek if it boots so fast, just put a Wait .... seconds you need near the end of the s-sequence.

Great video, Portarinos. I didn't know about that method.

Last edited by Retrofan; 16 October 2016 at 16:57.
Old 16 October 2016, 19:51   #657
portarinos

Thanks Retrofan. Kudos to you for your excellent work and commitment in updating Amikit real.
Old 26 October 2016, 15:51   #658
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
@Demolition now do not forget to update to BoingBag 2 (no more): http://os.amigaworld.de/index.php?lang=en&page=12

And then add the MUI key to S and also your kickstarts to Devs.
Yesterday I managed to install AKReal. First I installed a fresh WB3.9 by connecting a real CD drive and an original 3.9 CD (not SE) to my A1200. I then applied BB1, BB2 and Euro updates on top of this. I then used this version as a basis for the latest AKReal. The install script threw me a couple of errors that I had to deal with to make it install properly, so I though you might want to know.

The first error happened when it tried to rename the english.info file. This file did not exist in my installation for some reason and caused rename to fail with error code 20.

The next error was at the end where it renames SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/AmiDock. The file was not present here, but already at the destination. I'm not sure why my 3.9 was different than yours but perhaps the script should be updated so it won't halt when this happens.

I tried out the installation under WinUAE and it seemed to be working so the next step is to see if I can make it will run in RTG mode on my A600 with Vampire2 and how well it runs.
Old 26 October 2016, 18:47   #659
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Great. But what are those "Euro updates"? I hope they won't be BB3&4 that are absolutely "forbidden" to install in my distro.

The installer uses these files for what you say:

For the English.info:
Code:
Rename >NIL: Sys:Locale/Help/english AS Sys:Locale/Help/English
Rename >NIL: Sys:Locale/Help/english.info AS Sys:Locale/Help/English.info
And for AmiDock:

Code:
Delete >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/AmiDock.info FORCE QUIET
Rename >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/AmiDock SYS:WBStartup/AmiDock QUIET
With >NIL: as they've got, then you should not have any request if the file doesn't exist in your setup. I also don't have any WBStartup/Disabled drawer in my OS3.9BB2, but it saw it somewhere else, and about the english file now I've just deleted the english drawer and make the install without problems, and BTW I don't have either that english.info file in my OS3.9BB2 and it never gives any problem with the installer.

So I want to know what are those "Euro updates".

Last edited by Retrofan; 26 October 2016 at 18:53.
Old 26 October 2016, 19:03   #660
demolition
Unregistered User

As far as I can see, the Euro update is simply an update to the fonts and keymaps to add the Euro symbol.
If you get the file from http://os.amigaworld.de/index.php?lang=en&page=12, you can see that it only updates files in these locations:
devs/keymaps/
fonts/
locale/

Even though there is a >NIL: on it, I still get the error.. I can't see how the Euro update should be able to change anything in this regard. >NIL: should just suppress any text output, but if the command stops the script, then it shouldn't affect that.

Edit: I was running the Install script from CLI, not WB if that makes a difference ('execute Install').

Last edited by demolition; 26 October 2016 at 19:08.