English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 14 March 2016, 15:03   #1
Total Eclipse

Tracing an old forum user

Hi all,

This is going to be slightly off topic. I'm trying to resurrect my old Atari ST external drive - it's a Power Computing Blitz Turbo drive (external enclosure with a blitz board built in). The FDD is poorly, and I've been looking for information as to what could be done to repair it.

Some time ago the original creator popped up on here (using the name sidepipe), but only posted in one thread - http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...eferrerid=4905

I'd be interested if anyone knew who he was (the name Adam Hill sticks in my mind from the ST software, but that could just be the software author, not the designer), and whether there are any contact details? I've got a load of questions I'd like to ask about this drive.
Old 14 March 2016, 17:31   #2
zipper

With a brief search in the net I could find Adam Hill connected to sidepipe. You might be on the trail.
Old 14 March 2016, 19:34   #3
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Eclipse View Post
Hi all,

This is going to be slightly off topic. I'm trying to resurrect my old Atari ST external drive - it's a Power Computing Blitz Turbo drive (external enclosure with a blitz board built in). The FDD is poorly, and I've been looking for information as to what could be done to repair it.

Some time ago the original creator popped up on here (using the name sidepipe), but only posted in one thread - http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...eferrerid=4905

I'd be interested if anyone knew who he was (the name Adam Hill sticks in my mind from the ST software, but that could just be the software author, not the designer), and whether there are any contact details? I've got a load of questions I'd like to ask about this drive.
Our friend sidepipe must have posted fewer than ten times, so his account has been cancelled and I don't therefore have access to his email address, which I would have done otherwise.

It's possible that RCK (the EAB Administrator) could help, but I'm not sure.

If you fail in your efforts to contact him, it may still be possible to repair your drive (As you may have noticed from that thread, I have one (or more) of those drives as well.), and we can confer about that later if you wish.

In the meantime, Good luck!
Old 14 March 2016, 23:08   #4
prowler
Global Moderator

sidepipe's location was Birmingham, according to this December 2010 archived version of the Blitzcopy software EAB thread, but his profile page, which might have provided more information, is not archived, unfortunately.

This agrees with other traces of Adam Hill aka sidepipe I have found on the web (last confirmed activity 9th November 2013).

A telephone directory covering the South Birmingham area might pinpoint his present location, if he's still there.