English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 07 August 2012, 04:43   #1581
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolof View Post
He should finish this first. Respect to the buyer !
Again, it's my understanding that Jens does the hardware, and that there is someone else that does the firmware. What's your idea, that Jens sits on his hands, while the guy who has the know how, writes the code?

Don't get me wrong, i want to be able to use my miggy on the LG TV as soon as possible, but i don't see the point in forbidding Jens from making progress on other projects just coz the guy who is making the firmware isn't done with all the tweaks and enhancements, and have a release ready firmware & config-utility.

I've been holding of on testing the trial cores as i don't have any way to return to default, should i end up with something unusable, but it's an option you might want to try...
B!
Old 07 August 2012, 08:27   #1582
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

@mr b you can backup the origional core and try the others with the flashtool
Old 07 August 2012, 11:31   #1583
Mr B

Yeah, but you cant restore the core if it stops working with the screens ya got. So i've decided to postpone it. I got a mate with a TV that works, but i'm going to be at his place when the configuration tools gets here, so i can mess up over and over. Don't want to wear out my welcome, so to speak.
Old 10 August 2012, 11:47   #1584
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Hi,

I just talked to the programmer of the config tool on the phone - he still has to take care of a family member who is in hospital. He's hoping to get back to work on the config tool next week, but in case he can't, he handed over the sources to me already, so I can find someone else to work on the config tool.

I'm very sorry about this delay, but this is due to circumstances that I cannot influence. I'm happy to arrange money-back for anyone who is not satisfied with the product until now, because I cannot give a release date for the config tool.

Jens
Old 10 August 2012, 11:56   #1585
paulo_becas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Hi,

I just talked to the programmer of the config tool on the phone - he still has to take care of a family member who is in hospital. He's hoping to get back to work on the config tool next week, but in case he can't, he handed over the sources to me already, so I can find someone else to work on the config tool.

I'm very sorry about this delay, but this is due to circumstances that I cannot influence. I'm happy to arrange money-back for anyone who is not satisfied with the product until now, because I cannot give a release date for the config tool.

Jens
There's no problem to me, hope it gets better (family member)
And there's no way i'm sending it back
Keep up the good work Jens and thank's for puting up with all the bitching around.
It comes out when it must come out.
Whenever it does it's always on time
Old 10 August 2012, 13:16   #1586
NovaCoder

Hiya Jens,

Thanks for the update
Old 10 August 2012, 15:03   #1587
Mr B

Quote:
I'm happy to arrange money-back for anyone who is not satisfied with the product until now, because I cannot give a release date for the config tool.
Money back? Sure, i'd love that. What, returning the Indivision? Forget that. I might save a few bucks on the exchange rates, but the hassle, there is just no way it's worth it.
As long as there is a promise that there will be a config tool, I'm going to keep it. Even if i can only use it for tests on a temporary screen as it is now, your going to have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

When i bought it, i knew the config tool would be a while. It has been a while, so i guess we are now in the " a while longer" which at some time turns in to a "long while", but as long as there is something in the end, i've got time. I'm gong to live for ever.
Old 10 August 2012, 15:11   #1588
BarryB
Amigaholic

Promises, promises! We can all run a business on promises, don't forget money exchanged hands here for this product and people want it working!

Now, Jens has openly said there is a problem so fair do's to the bloke for being honest and telling us so we'll cut him some slack for the time being, but you can only wait for so long.
Old 11 August 2012, 14:46   #1589
delshay

Had a indivision MKII for two months,never tested it,never inserted onto a A1200 motherboard,not returning it because software is not released.
Old 11 August 2012, 20:18   #1590
strim
NetBSD developer

Hello Jens.

Maybe you could at least release the documentation on how to program the new Indivisions? You used to give out the documentation and in my opinion that worked well. It's a pity that docs are not always available for your latest products.

I've bought 3 (three) new Indivision AGAs, they work mostly fine but and I'd like to play with them more.

Best regards!
Old 18 August 2012, 11:36   #1591
Srdjan

Help neded

Just received one from Vesalia, first i plugged it into my "working A1200", with blizz 1230 IV, 4 way Ide and 4gb cf card, the picture was full of vertical lines,after i stripped Amiga to only motherboard and the picture was the same.

I also tried to switch the power supply without success, the last thing to try is to switch the dvi-vga adapter...

Has anyone experienced similar problems??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-18 08.24.49.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	32388   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-18 08.25.22.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	32389  
Old 18 August 2012, 11:38   #1592
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

hi Srdjan its the same for all of us
Old 18 August 2012, 11:49   #1593
Srdjan

Thank you for your reply,
You mean there is no help?I don't understand where is the problem, i'v seen other people screenshots with crystal clear picture ... is it the problem in the motherboard , in the lcd or is the indivision problem? I have chance to swap lcd with friend , will that help? It is very annoying to finally have something i waited for almost 15 years, and to found out that is not working... on screenshot you can't clearly see the lines but when amiga boots up in workbench the lines are clearly visible ... even whn i power up amiga on blank black screen you can see the lines
Old 18 August 2012, 12:27   #1594
Mr B

The vertical stripes are an artefact of the combination screen & Indivision. Untill the configuration tool arrives, the only thing you can do is try a different screen.

Last edited by Mr B; 18 August 2012 at 23:11.
Old 18 August 2012, 12:47   #1595
1time
Amiga Lover

Srdjan... We all have the same problem.. We have absolutely no clue when this will be fixed, if ever.

It is the lack of software updates and tools. The same is for the ACA1230 and ACA1231. It is not even possible to download the software or manual from he´s webpage.

Personally im using my old flickerfixer and a trusty Blizzard 1230.
Old 18 August 2012, 13:01   #1596
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1time View Post
It is the lack of software updates and tools. The same is for the ACA1230 and ACA1231. It is not even possible to download the software or manual from he´s webpage.
ACA1230: The latest ACAtune tool that is known-good for the card is available from icomp.de.

ACA1231: This is an OEM product for/from Vesalia. The latest ACAtune tool is available from vesalia.de. It also supports the ACA1230 and adds functionality like kickstart-patching and moving VBR into fastmem.

Indivision AGA MK2: The programmer is back on the job since thursday.

Jens
Old 18 August 2012, 13:21   #1597
1time
Amiga Lover

Ohh.. I must have missed the ACA1230 latest link on your homepage.. Could you please post a link to it?

I cant find it on http://www.jschoenfeld.com/products/ACA1230.htm or on http://www.jschoenfeld.com/home/support.htm
Old 18 August 2012, 17:30   #1598
BarryB
Amigaholic

@1time: Try this: http://www.vesalia.de/files/acatune.lha
Old 18 August 2012, 17:53   #1599
amigarobbo

Quote:

Indivision AGA MK2: The programmer is back on the job since thursday.
Well, good for him, but any updates when he'll start on writing the software?

Old 18 August 2012, 22:15   #1600
Srdjan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1time View Post
Srdjan... We all have the same problem.. We have absolutely no clue when this will be fixed, if ever.
Just to make my story short, during the day i swap 3 lcd with indivision aga... none of them seems to work... the picture is totally useless... seems like the update is the only solution till then back to trusty old 1084.....