English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 06 February 2015, 14:32   #1
fondpondforever

Bought Worms CD32 and got Director's Cut

Bought Worms CD32 from eBay and loaded it up and on the menu it say's Director's Cut. Have I got a rare version? Maybe Team 17 decided to put the Director's Cut version onto a few CD's for the Amiga CD32 Version. I find this quite odd, but it's not a bad thing lol. When I press the fire button to start the game it resets it's self, don't know if there's a problem with the game or console. It's a real pain though. Anyone know if this means that I have the Director's Cut or does this text come up on all CD32 Versions? Thanks.
Old 06 February 2015, 14:42   #2
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worms:_...rector%27s_Cut

Yes its rare since it didn't sell, but no its nothing unique.
Old 06 February 2015, 15:19   #3
fryguy

I think only the original Worms was released for CD32. I've seen some seller on Ebay who sells (what i believe is) Amiga games put on CD as CD32 games.
Old 06 February 2015, 15:23   #4
Amigajay

No you have a copy, someone has just burned to CD, either contact seller to get money back or contact ebay telling them seller is selling illegal copies.
Old 06 February 2015, 17:18   #5
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondpondforever View Post
Bought Worms CD32 from eBay and loaded it up and on the menu it say's Director's Cut. Have I got a rare version? Maybe Team 17 decided to put the Director's Cut version onto a few CD's for the Amiga CD32 Version. I find this quite odd, but it's not a bad thing lol. When I press the fire button to start the game it resets it's self, don't know if there's a problem with the game or console. It's a real pain though. Anyone know if this means that I have the Director's Cut or does this text come up on all CD32 Versions? Thanks.
As far as I'm aware all versions of Worms for the CD32 say Director's Cut, This refers to the FMV footage that is on Worms CD32 and not on the floppy disk version.

To load the game you need to start the CD32 with the CD lid open and allow the boot animation to complete then you insert the game and close.
Old 09 February 2015, 13:39   #6
fondpondforever

That's the screen that comes up Whitesnake, the Director's Cut Text must refer to the FMV footage exclusive to the CD32 version. Thanks as well for telling me how to load the game, thought there was something wrong with my console.
Old 09 February 2015, 14:54   #7
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondpondforever View Post
That's the screen that comes up Whitesnake, the Director's Cut Text must refer to the FMV footage exclusive to the CD32 version. Thanks as well for telling me how to load the game, thought there was something wrong with my console.
There are a couple of other CD32 games that have a similar issue, I think mainly System 3 games.

You will need the code table that is assuming you never got the big box and manual with it.

http://www.dream17.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=297

I always liked the CDDA music that came with Worms CD32, it really added to the atmosphere of the levels, The FMV's were kinda fun back in the day too.
Old 09 February 2015, 15:11   #8
fondpondforever

Got the Box and Manual with the game.