English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 16 January 2019, 05:06   #1
xboxown

Help on a game called The Game 0.95

I NEED HELP PEOPLE on jumping on the game called The Game 0.95! I have not being successfully in getting the character to jump in the game called The Game 0.95.

If someone can help me it would be greatly appreciate it! I am using the PSX gamepad to control the character!
Old 16 January 2019, 10:41   #2
DamienD
Global Moderator

Jump is the normal <Fire> button, guess it doesn't like your PSX gamepad for some reason.

I use my Xbox 360 wireless via WinUAE and all good.

...not sure what to suggest.
Old 17 January 2019, 08:41   #3
xboxown

I pressed the X button till my finger nearly fell off to no avail. Occasional it jumps after I have pushed it a thousand times but I thought maybe I was pushing down to up or up to down or whatever....or I had to do some combinations of moves or I need to jump with one feet up...and have an antenna on my head and move at a certain coordinate position while pushing the X button on my PSX controller so fast and super fast with the right time and event and the right time to pushing the up, down or left up or dwon left...or I may need to formulate a huge map and take bachelor deegree....or something..

so decided not take a rocket to mars in hopes that will make it work..to post here instead. So you said it is not some complicated over zealous combinations of moves and acts to jump and that all i have to do is pushing the X button on my PSX controller to jump?

Hmmmm

I have always thought maybe I need to get a brand new joystick and maybe my fear is confirmed with your reply.
Old 17 January 2019, 10:46   #4
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxown View Post
and that all i have to do is pushing the X button on my PSX controller to jump?
I don't know about it being the "X button" as I don't have a PSX controller...

It will be whatever button is assigned the first in Amiga terms.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One suggestion though... you're playing this from the hard drive archive hey?

Do you have "lowlevel.library" in "Libs"?
Old 17 January 2019, 12:54   #5
jayminer

Is this on a real Amiga or UAE ? I'm pretty sure I used the extension AMCAF to read the joypad, since it supports two buttons for joysticks/pads that support it (can show the map after you find it with the 2nd button).

I have tested it with old joysticks and a CD32 joypad with no issues, but I have a kipper2k PSX adapter so I could try that aswell if that's what you have, not sure if it can be fixed though :|

And as DamienD already pointed out, make sure you have lowlevel.library in Libs:
Old 17 January 2019, 23:06   #6
xboxown

I am using kipper2k PSX adapter and using a PSX 2 controller to play games in my Amiga. I have it programmed where X is the fire button and it is only programmed used the X to fire events. I will check about the library.
Old 18 January 2019, 04:59   #7
grelbfarlk

I noticed some weird behavior with the PSX adapter on ECS machines with the Vampire, like button events not registering properly, not seeing extra buttons or getting many button presses in a short duration. But as I recall X is just Joy1 so it shouldn't be anything special here. So it sounds like if your game just has Fire1 as the normal Fire1 on a regular joystick don't set a custom binding on the joystick.
If you did set a custom config:
What you should try is putting the PSX pad on the floor and grab the stick with your hand and use your big toe on your foot to try to hit X, while using your tongue to hit select and your other hand to push the button you bound it to, this will unbind it. If you did that. If this seems to be difficult to accomplish you need to work on your flexibility first.
Old 18 January 2019, 08:58   #8
xboxown

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
I noticed some weird behavior with the PSX adapter on ECS machines with the Vampire, like button events not registering properly, not seeing extra buttons or getting many button presses in a short duration. But as I recall X is just Joy1 so it shouldn't be anything special here. So it sounds like if your game just has Fire1 as the normal Fire1 on a regular joystick don't set a custom binding on the joystick.
If you did set a custom config:
What you should try is putting the PSX pad on the floor and grab the stick with your hand and use your big toe on your foot to try to hit X, while using your tongue to hit select and your other hand to push the button you bound it to, this will unbind it. If you did that. If this seems to be difficult to accomplish you need to work on your flexibility first.
- sigh - I missed YOU GRELBFARLK!! - sniff -
Old 18 January 2019, 11:19   #9
jayminer

Perhaps it will work better in CD32 mode, but it sounds odd that there are issues with the adapter in single button mode, but I have everything to try and reproduce your setup.
Old 20 January 2019, 05:22   #10
xboxown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayminer View Post
Perhaps it will work better in CD32 mode, but it sounds odd that there are issues with the adapter in single button mode, but I have everything to try and reproduce your setup.
Where you successful?
Old 25 January 2019, 17:23   #11
woody

I used kipper2k PSX adapter & PSX2 controller.
geometry dash
Old 30 January 2019, 15:22   #12
Amiga-agima

Is The Game enjoyable?
Old 30 January 2019, 15:57   #13
DamienD
Global Moderator

Yes

More information in this thread: Decided to release an old game