English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 12 October 2005, 15:55   #1
Dave_wb

Ide Cd Rom Sound

Hi fellas,
Does anyone know if there is a way to connect a generic IDE cd roms sound output to the input at the back of a CM883 monitor ie a twin jack plug arrangement.I dont mind getting out the old soldering iron if necessary and performing surgery as long as it works.Thanks in advance
Dave
Old 12 October 2005, 16:28   #2
woody57

Becuse the sound output signal from the generic cd-roms is very low I have previously conected standard RCA cables {joining the RCA's screen common to the square cd roms sound output plug's blk wire, then the white to left & red to right side of the common jumper plug supplied }

Providing you insulate your hacked connections to prevent shorting & consequential damage, it provides sufficient signal for it to be preamped via a mixer or amplifier into a useable signal.

Whether its output strength is high enough to be used by the monitor you mention I cannot say.
Old 12 October 2005, 18:05   #3
Jope
-

It's a line level output, so it should work fine with the 108x/883(3) series of monitors.

I'd take the CD-ROM's output to a pair of RCA jacks or perhaps a 3.5mm jack at the back of the computer and then continue from there to the monitor with an external cable.
Old 13 October 2005, 13:51   #4
Dave_wb

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody57
Becuse the sound output signal from the generic cd-roms is very low I have previously conected standard RCA cables {joining the RCA's screen common to the square cd roms sound output plug's blk wire, then the white to left & red to right side of the common jumper plug supplied }

Providing you insulate your hacked connections to prevent shorting & consequential damage, it provides sufficient signal for it to be preamped via a mixer or amplifier into a useable signal.

Whether its output strength is high enough to be used by the monitor you mention I cannot say.
Hi Jope,
Thanks for the info...I am getting my soldering iron warmed up and ready to boogey!
Dave
Old 13 October 2005, 13:53   #5
Dave_wb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope
It's a line level output, so it should work fine with the 108x/883(3) series of monitors.

I'd take the CD-ROM's output to a pair of RCA jacks or perhaps a 3.5mm jack at the back of the computer and then continue from there to the monitor with an external cable.
Hi Woody57,

I am warming up the soldering iron as I type this.He he he he - and thanks for the info
Dave