English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 01 September 2013, 00:03   #101
xArtx

Loved Wipeout for PSX and PSP!
The first PSP Wipeout contained a hidden web browser before the PSP had a stock web browser.
Old 01 September 2013, 10:21   #102
JudasEZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuleth View Post
They must have heard you!
Yeah =) I was thinking the same.

just I'm slightly deceived with animation and the overall design.
Old 15 October 2014, 23:46   #103
s2325
Zone Friend

What a nice surprise! "Bill's Tomato Game" has been finally dumped and release to the public. This Megadrive port form the Amiga original was developed by Tempest Sfotware but Psygnosis ended up not publish the game. In 2009 a prototype cartirdge containing the complete game surfaced on eBay and after a 100 cart reproduction run, the ROM has finally been made public. It remains a very charming and addictive physics puzzle game. 1994, people! Way before those birds got angry.
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 27 October 2014, 02:03   #104
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
What a nice surprise! "Bill's Tomato Game" has been finally dumped and release to the public. This Megadrive port form the Amiga original was developed by Tempest Sfotware but Psygnosis ended up not publish the game. In 2009 a prototype cartirdge containing the complete game surfaced on eBay and after a 100 cart reproduction run, the ROM has finally been made public. It remains a very charming and addictive physics puzzle game. 1994, people! Way before those birds got angry.
[ Show youtube player ]
Haha... I remember struggling to load the game due to the jumping tomato!
Old 07 November 2014, 21:47   #105
amiga_Forever
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Dam.

Allot of great stuff came from there....Most have already been mentioned.
Shadow of the beast

[ Show youtube player ]

Thank god for these long plays YouTube does it again. (as long as they don't get taken down, i'll be good)
Old 10 November 2014, 19:13   #106
Scala47

Death and insignificance is what happens to all the Amiga companies that SELL OUT.
I can think of a few:
Bars and Pipes (sold themselves to Microsoft....no one knows them now)
AmigaOS (Why crazy person would license their OS to another company?)
Psygnosis (Tsk Tsk Tsk....should have stayed with Amiga and rejected the $$$ from $ony)
Skype (Not Amiga Specific but Microsoft bought them and now they are slowly messing it up)
Shoutcast and WinAMP (AOL is already messing these up and stopped WinAMP)
YouTube (I feel sorry for the guy who sold it to Google...nobody knows him...yes he is rich but...a Good name is better than riches)
Alot others out there who are selling out....all because they are lured by the Mighty $$$

They could have made money other ways.

Old 11 November 2014, 03:39   #107
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

There is nothing like Psygnosis in the industry today, and there may never be again.
They had such an appreciation for artistry and dare I say, beauty.
Old 11 November 2014, 15:59   #108
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Such a sad thread title...Psyggy still lives in our memories.
Old 16 November 2014, 21:43   #109
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Browne View Post
There is nothing like Psygnosis in the industry today, and there may never be again.
They had such an appreciation for artistry and dare I say, beauty.
Don't agree, that appreciation is very much alive among several indie developers who put out quality games with stunning artistic visuals and atmosphere.
Old 16 November 2014, 23:26   #110
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scala47 View Post
YouTube (I feel sorry for the guy who sold it to Google...nobody knows him...yes he is rich but...a Good name is better than riches)
It wasn't just the money that caused them to sell up. The rate YouTube had started growing at was more than they could handle. Maybe you could handle it, but at the present time (2014) something like 48 hours of video footage is uploaded to YouTube every 2 (TWO) minutes. That is alot of data to handle.
Old 17 November 2014, 12:05   #111
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

[QUOTE=gimbal;987103]Don't agree, that appreciation is very much alive among several indie developers who put out quality games with stunning artistic visuals and atmosphere.[/QUOT
I find many indie games to be overated. Digital means no sumptious boxart either.
Music is piss poor in games nowadays, commercial triple a' and indie.
To a degree ubisoft captured the synergy of art, music and magic in stuff like pop the sands of time.imo.
Old 17 November 2014, 17:52   #112
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

And there you have the problem - because there is too much shit you've made yourself believe it is all shit.

Well sorry, I wholeheartedly disagree. There are still unsung heroes of game design today - and also the kind of art that came on a box - the only thing that is not there anymore is the actual physical box, but there is still a world of people out there doing the art.

They just have trouble reaching you through the pile of shit that is released on top of their games. The only thing that is truly dead are the easy golden days where all you had to do was buy a magazine and be told exactly which games were going to come out from your favorite developers.
Old 17 November 2014, 18:45   #113
Lonewolf10

I agree with gimbal, there still is (and always will be) quality games out there (indie or commercial stuff). You just have to sift through the crud to find them, or wait until they become so famous that everyone knows about them.

Instead of magazines you have to go by word of mouth. Avoid x,y and z but go and get a,b and c if you can.
Old 18 November 2014, 00:17   #114
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf10 View Post
I agree with gimbal, there still is (and always will be) quality games out there (indie or commercial stuff). You just have to sift through the crud to find them, or wait until they become so famous that everyone knows about them.

Instead of magazines you have to go by word of mouth. Avoid x,y and z but go and get a,b and c if you can.
Oh yes, there is good stuff out there. I guess thinking about it some more, I don't think there is any company that strives for and has such consistent synergy between art, music and world building in almost every game.

Psygnosis has quite a sci-fi bent too; at least pre-Sony.
But yes, something like 'the way' is a good example of something new and cool. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=discovery
Old 27 December 2014, 23:41   #115
Lonewolf10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Browne View Post
Psygnosis has quite a sci-fi bent too; at least pre-Sony.
But yes, something like 'the way' is a good example of something new and cool. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=discovery

Yeah, The Way looks simply awesome. I just hope it plays as good as it looks.