English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 27 December 2005, 22:35   #1
randomspam

Can I launch ADF files from Workbench directly?

I've done a lot of reading and searching and have yet to find a definitive answer to this. I'm using WINUAE 1.1.1 and have setup a 200meg harddisk on which I've installed Workbench 3.1 . I've also linked my pc drives to WB. I have 100s of ADF images that I'd like to stick onto the virtual harddisk but don't know if I can just dump them in one big lot into the HD somehow and then launch them from WB.

Alternatively I have read about adding a directory instead of a harddisk, again I have exactly the same problem, I can see the ADF images but not launch them from workbench.

Where am I going wrong?

Many Thanks
Rs

Old 27 December 2005, 23:45   #2
RetroMan

You have to put them in WinUAE as floppy, then you can "try" starting them from WB

Better solution : Try installing them onto HD -> http://www.whdload.de
Old 28 December 2005, 20:20   #3
pbareges

adf files are disk images. so an adf file makes no sense for the workbench os. it must be loaded from UAE as a disk image and assigned to a virtual drive (DF0-DF3) so that you can use it as a real disk under your emulated amiga (and access the files/games/utils written on it).

Still for dos images. as i have a real amiga, i use a tool called dimage (cf aminet) which is able to mount adf dos disk images as virtual drives from the workbench and access all the files written on it.

good luck!!
Old 06 January 2006, 15:21   #4
randomspam

thank you both for your reply, I've now setup whdload and a complete new WB setup using the Green Alien Guide http://guide.abime.net/index.htm which is excellent! I'm starting to install games onto the HD, it's so much better.

I've been had a look at KillerGorrilla's site and would like to know what the difference is between the letter packs and the monthly update packs.

Cheers

Old 07 January 2006, 01:37   #5
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomspam
thank you both for your reply, I've now setup whdload and a complete new WB setup using the Green Alien Guide http://guide.abime.net/index.htm which is excellent! I'm starting to install games onto the HD, it's so much better.

I've been had a look at KillerGorrilla's site and would like to know what the difference is between the letter packs and the monthly update packs.

Cheers
Letter packs have all WHDLOADS with that letter, Updates are updates, I do not know how often he updates the letter archives with the latest. But the files in January 04 update, are not in the letter archives.