English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 12 August 2019, 15:48   #1
dannyboy_77

Floppy disk Registering & Purchasing Amiga OxyPatcher

Hi all Amigan's from all over the world,

What I'm trying to do is to enhance my high-end "Amiga's" such as my Amiga 1200/060 Tower, Amiga 4000 PPC/060 Tower and Amiga 2000/060 Systems by obtaining the OxyPatcher....

I know this is a relatively old released commercial product ($25-$27USD) - I cannot find it no more..
According to the below URL, the reseller's hyperlinks no longer work:

https://www.nightvzn.net/portfolio/w..._9html/oxy.htm

So can the author be reached in order to buy this? Or is it freely available as freeware now? I've checked Aminet and other sources on the net to no avail

Where can I get the OxyPatcher to accelerate my Amiga's using in conjunction with HSMathsLibs? I wish to get an 040, 060 & FPU versions for it :-) I hope somebody out here knows and/or has some pointers.... Many thanx in advance...

Carry on Amigan's because Amiga rulez forever,
x signed by Dannyboy in OZ

Last edited by dannyboy_77; 12 August 2019 at 16:07.
Old 12 August 2019, 22:16   #2
zipper

Well, have a look at: http://grandis.nu:81/eabsearch/searc...xclude=&limit=
Old 13 August 2019, 03:15   #3
dannyboy_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper View Post

I did receive a private message regarding this on EAB FTP Server. I will investigate to see if it's the FULL version. I'm way from home. I can also see patched versions. Has anyone applied the patch. There are multiple entries there, which to use for latest version I do not know

/Commodore_Amiga/App/Archive/Oxypatcher
/Commodore_Amiga/App/Archive/Oxypatcher/OXYP3_14.lha
/Commodore_Amiga/App/Archive/Oxypatcher/OxyPatcher314.lha
/Commodore_Amiga/App/Disk/OxyPatcher (1997)(Oxyron).zip
/Commodore_Amiga/Misc/The Zone!/O/OxyPatcher314.lha
/Commodore_Amiga/TOSEC/TOSEC [2016-01-03]/Commodore Amiga - Applications - [ADF] (TOSEC-v2015-10-25_CM)/OxyPatcher (1997)(Oxyron).zip
/~Uploads/BippyM/Tosec (2018-07-27) - Individual Files/Commodore Amiga - Applications - [ADF] (TOSEC-v2018-03-05)/OxyPatcher (1997)(Oxyron).zip
Old 13 August 2019, 14:16   #4
zipper

3.14 is the latest afaik, it doesn't need the command openoxypport anymore in the startup-sequence like the earlier versions.
Old 24 August 2019, 13:29   #5
Joel_w

You might also want to take a look at MMULib, it comes with the tool MuRedox. As far as I understand it does the same thing as Oxypatcher/Cyberpatcher.

The MMULibs package includes 68060.library and 68040.library that fixes the compatibility issues that the newer processor has (just like the libraries included with the card). MuRedox tries to patch FPU instructions in programs that use 68882 instructions directly instead of going through the FPU libraries.

I'm sure there are some differences between the different patchers, and while they might perform a bit different it's probably something you can only measure with a benchmarking tool, not something you'd really notice.

MMULib is still updated and fixes a few bugs no one knew about in the 90's when the other libraries were written.

http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/MMULib
http://aminet.net/package/util/boot/MuRedox
Old 24 February 2021, 09:02   #6
drHirudo
Amiga user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_w View Post
You might also want to take a look at MMULib, it comes with the tool MuRedox. As far as I understand it does the same thing as Oxypatcher/Cyberpatcher.

The MMULibs package includes 68060.library and 68040.library that fixes the compatibility issues that the newer processor has (just like the libraries included with the card). MuRedox tries to patch FPU instructions in programs that use 68882 instructions directly instead of going through the FPU libraries.

I'm sure there are some differences between the different patchers, and while they might perform a bit different it's probably something you can only measure with a benchmarking tool, not something you'd really notice.

MMULib is still updated and fixes a few bugs no one knew about in the 90's when the other libraries were written.

http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/MMULib
http://aminet.net/package/util/boot/MuRedox
Thanks for the tip. I have the latest Oxypatcher somewhere in my archives, but was too lazy to search it for my 68060. So I downloaded MMULib and MuRedox and installed them instead. It works pretty well so far and I am quite happy. Is there any method that I can benchmark the differences between the MuRedox and OxyPatcher? Except for the feel of it?

Here is a video of my Blizzard 1260 with MuRedox:

[ Show youtube player ]

I think Doom had some FPS measure tool, I can try recording with OxyPatcher and MuRedox, but since the DoomAttack's binary is 68060 compile, I don't think there will be a difference. Or may be try the 68020/030 compiles and then see if there is difference?
Old 24 February 2021, 11:59   #7
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Doom wont likely show any differences but Quake will as it needs an fpu to make the 3d happen.

Ideally you should use the phase5 cpu libs else you are leaving performance on the table. Mu libs are useful only if you actually use the tools that come with it or you have a card that doesn't have its own performance libs.
Old 24 February 2021, 14:28   #8
apex

MuTools are new, last update 2021, P5 Libs are old.
Old 24 February 2021, 21:24   #9
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex View Post
MuTools are new, last update 2021, P5 Libs are old.
Updates always mean "WIP". Lack of updates means either "Abandoned" or "Finished". Nothing in between.

Only way to find out if new > old is to run Quake, /timedemo 001. For a C port benchmark, that is. A few AGA/060 demos might push harder or be more picky. Or just expect OxyPatcher.