English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 09 November 2001, 22:09   #1
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Happy Christmas at EAB!!!

This community that RCK has brought together is a fast growing and stable one. Everyone here contributes something. So I have an idea. Is it possible, that we keep this thread here. Everyone posts only one request for a coveted game. That one game we want and search more than any other. Then, around the holidays, Christmas, for example, smeone posts it. Or maybe we can have a buddy system, where one 2 people are assigned to each other and must look for and upload the game for his buddy.
I like this idea, bitch.
Dig?
Old 09 November 2001, 23:06   #2
RCK
Administrator

Hey that's a cool idea Fred
even if some of us won't have present cause they only ask for hyper mega rare games, all member's could try to post one game request for christmas
I think I'll have to unlock the 50Mo limit of the zone the 24 december at night

If you are all agree to contribute, I could also send a mail to all EAB's members, so they may post something

(I'll re-create one special thead for all the future requests the 24 november if the idea is accepted)
Old 09 November 2001, 23:44   #3
Amiga1992

I have yet anotehr idea... since this might be a bit TOO MUCH for the EAB, and a bit pretentious, why not do the '12 days before Christmas" thing? (is it 12 days? :P) Somebody could post one rarity each day, or something like that, until Xmas comes!
Old 09 November 2001, 23:51   #4
Amigaboy

Or. On the 12th day, someone post a 12 disk game. Then on the 11th, an 11 disk game, etc

On the 3rd day of Christmas, Akira gave to me
- Cannon Fodder (3 disks)
- Sleepwalker (2 disks)
- and a game of Giana for me (1 disk)

Old 10 November 2001, 00:06   #5
RetroMan

hehe, why not mirror the complete PE2000 and DREAMZONE archives here at 24th
Old 10 November 2001, 08:44   #6
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

12 Dynamic Drums drumming
11 Bars & Pipes piping
10 Lords of the Rising Sun a-leaping
9 Ladybugs* dancing
8 mods a-milking
7 swans a-Sink or Swimming
6 Stargeese a-laying
5 golden Rings of Medusa
4 calling Birds of Prey
3 French Drakkhens
2 Teenage Mutant Ninja/Hero Turtle doves
and a partridge in a Perihellon tree?

* Ladybug, from Virus Free PD, was given **** by Amiga Power in issue 6, October 1991

Sorry, but I had to wreath havoc here...
Old 10 November 2001, 08:48   #7
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clever!! You want these games, old pal?
Still snickering at this....
Old 10 November 2001, 08:50   #8
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Nah..you've got all these I am sure. But I do like this idea. Thanks for your support, RCK! What would YOU like, pal?
Old 10 November 2001, 14:35   #9
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Frederic
Nah..you've got all these I am sure. But I do like this idea. Thanks for your support, RCK! What would YOU like, pal?
lol, one dedicated server with 100 Gb of BP, two SCSI HD drive, 1 Go of Ram, bi-cpu ...
Oups, that was not the topic focus ?
Old 12 November 2001, 20:49   #10
DPainter

Big grin

How a bout a Christmas Chain Letter? Every guy on here with a CD burner and at least ONE cd-rom full of non-Tosec Amiga stuff can join the chain letter. Somehow we'll work it so by Christmas everyone gets a chance to copy every single CD in the chain.

I know that would require self-control and discipline. Many of us would be tempted to not forward anything, and many more of us would be lazy and take too long. A few of us still think we have 0-day warez.

But since it's Christmas, and since Gary Coleman once owned an Amiga, I still have faith in mankind and am willing to sacrifice my 15-year-old-0-day warez to this cause of love and gift giving.

Dpainter
Old 12 November 2001, 21:32   #11
Amiga1992

If I had a burner I wouldn't mind sending CDs around. As a matter of fact, I use to send stuff around to mates I met on teh net and family
Old 12 November 2001, 22:02   #12
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

DPainter, that sounds promising, but if everyone had the same collection, we'd be missing the request and post ritual here. Still, I want everything. I am still drudging through a daily routine of fixing my files (converting dms and adz and rar files, TOSEC'ing, declassifying non-TOSEC games, sorting them all into their own little areas, etc.) but I am pretty deep into it. My non-TOSEC collection is still quite large (sounds like a sexual double entendre in a rock song, huh?)

Hey, for sure someone needs to code an EAB Christmas intro complete with scrolltext greetz, animated snow, holiday music, etc. For the Amiga, not the PeeCee...
Old 12 November 2001, 22:48   #13
RCK
Administrator

For the peecee also it will be cool
Old 13 November 2001, 16:18   #14
Amiga1992

I rather have a GBC/GBA into than a PC one...
That's one GREAT idea Twist.. i cant code shit, but i know people here might be able to help. i can contribute graphics perhaps...

BTW did anyone send anything to Galahad for Grapevine?? am i the only one doing anything? :P
Old 13 November 2001, 16:41   #15
Drake1009

Well someone's definately in the christmas spirit, and it seems to be contageous too. Too bad I can't code on the Amiga, or do any neat graphics either or even make a humble mod file which sounds good. Sounds like a great idea though.
Old 13 November 2001, 17:34   #16
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I made some Christmas mods back in the early 90's, but they were hardcore punk and very dissonant and noisy (in those days, being offensive brought me great joy!)

@Akira
I started writing an article for Grapevine. I was almost finished when my system just crashed to DOS for no apparent reason. It crushed my heart. Fortunately, I had done several saves before this, but when something like that happens, it diminishes your spirit and makes you dread returning to pick up where you left off. I was PM'ing Fred several days ago and got a message that the PM excceded the number of characters allowable. So I pasted it into notepad and split the reply, was all ready to send the first half when the power goes out here. I was so pissed because I spent 40 minutes on that message! I hope to one day return to that, as well, and reconstruct it all. Such is life.

I will finish that Grapevine article, however, tonight.
Old 13 November 2001, 17:47   #17
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

40 minutes on a Twistin' message! Many of your normal posts are big, so that must have been one mother of a message!
Old 13 November 2001, 18:26   #18
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Well, it was big, yes. But that wasn't 40 minutes worth of typing. Some of the things I was responding to required me to research things, look up others. I took my time and thought other things out or if something was referenced from EAB, I would slip into another browser window and refresh my memory on it. And there was a great old William Bendix film on AMC at the time, so I had to stop typing long enough to keep up with the film noir events unfolding on the tube, as well.
Old 13 November 2001, 19:05   #19
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

William Bendix Kicks fucking ass!!!
He showed there was life to "Life of Riley" after Gleason.
Back to your massive message, Twist. Take yer time, man. There is alot to do about our respective projects.
Back on topic. I am reviewing the suggested alterations to my original idea. Stand by.
Old 14 November 2001, 05:17   #20
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

First of all Fred-a great & wonderful idea!
Just a slight concern though if RCK temporarily open's the limits for uploads, should there be an ADF disk game limit?
What I mean is, say, no games bigger than I dunno, say 5 disks?
Okay, I realise that there's only a handful of Amiga games with large nos. of disks, but if people ask for Star Trek AGA, Monkey Island 2, Indy 3, etc. wouldn't that cause a bit of a strain having all those games uploaded at once?

I'm NOT saying don't do it by any means, but we just have to be sure a sudden "surge" in usage doesn't get RCK into trouble or for that matter unwanted attention from men-in-legal suits, thats all.