English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

Old 01 August 2018, 08:47   #141
fiath

I think that is a fair question given that I dropped the ball with Mikerochip's games. I don't think there is another situation like this, and I'm not aware of anyone else that is waiting on their games back. The only one that comes close is where I lost a game as I was moving house. Strange that I remember that one, but forgot about poor Mikerochip!

You can read my comment above about my own inactivity. Burn out is where I stopped, and health issues (needing to limit my time using a computer) limit me taking things up again.

A large number of the games I hold were bought by me. Both from before we started Softpres, and the completely stupid amount of money I spent on eBay trying to preserve as much as possible (cleared out my savings in fact). There were also donations, but the single biggest contributor of the physical games I hold (not of softpres generally) was me.

While I do hold a lot of games, I don't consider myself a collector. They're in storage for the most part, which is a bit sad. I did try to convince some libraries to take on some games on at one point, but they were unable due to limited resources in some cases, apparent lack of interest in others.

I made no money (very much the opposite!) from softpres, and I made no money from KryoFlux (a very niche product). I understand why you'd ask the question, but money has never been a motivation for any of us.

I do understand the frustration about submissions for you guys, and I'd really love to be able to get involved again, but it's just not something I am personally able to do. The only suggestion I can make is to go on the KryoFlux forums and see what you can do to volunteer.
AdSense AdSense  
AdSense AdSense