English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 30 December 2013, 20:47   #1
Riempie
Amiga freak

Easynet and Simple Mail

Hi,

Just downloaded the new version of simplemail (os3.1) to see if I can get this working. It's my first time trying to get mail working.

I've got classic wb and easynet (I guess not the latest version) running. Internet (Aweb) works fine.

I've tried to setup an account in simple mail. I don't know if I did it right, but simple mail says it can not find the bsdsocket.library when trying to fetch mail.

Easynet kind of emulates the bsdsocket.library right? (because the file is not in libs). When going online I can see easynet is checking the bsdsocket.library. All goes wel. So why can't simple mail find the bsdsocket.library?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thx in advance
Old 30 December 2013, 23:05   #2
amigakit.com

I will try Simplemail and let you know, I personally use YAM with EasyNet. You may need the new EasyNet Pro (bsdsocket.library v4).
Old 31 December 2013, 10:20   #3
Riempie
Amiga freak

Thx!

I've also tried Yam, but this seems to take a lot of more resources, and it crashes my A1200...

Can I upgrade my easynet version by sending you my serial? So that I can download the upgrade instead of getting it on disk by airmail? I'm aware of any additional costs..

Is the easynet update on your site the pro-version?
Old 04 January 2014, 14:30   #4
Riempie
Amiga freak

Somehow I managed to get a working 2.7 yam version (gmail).
But it seams to eat up my chipram and when closing yam, the memory doesn't get cleared.

Upgrading to 2.9 doesn't work because the install-script returns an error.

Maybe I mention to many issues here, if simplemail works (because it has imap-support) then that would be great. But any remarks regarding yam are welcome....
Old 04 January 2014, 15:43   #5
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Indeed installer has an issue but you can always update the file by hand from the archive overwriting your current ones (make a backup of the whole folder in case you mess it up). I did it that way and works like a charm.
Old 31 May 2016, 21:28   #6
Starglider 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riempie View Post
Hi,

Just downloaded the new version of simplemail (os3.1) to see if I can get this working. It's my first time trying to get mail working.

I've got classic wb and easynet (I guess not the latest version) running. Internet (Aweb) works fine.

I've tried to setup an account in simple mail. I don't know if I did it right, but simple mail says it can not find the bsdsocket.library when trying to fetch mail.

Easynet kind of emulates the bsdsocket.library right? (because the file is not in libs). When going online I can see easynet is checking the bsdsocket.library. All goes wel. So why can't simple mail find the bsdsocket.library?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thx in advance
Hi, did you find a fix specifically for the 'cannot find bsdsocket.library' issue with SimpleMail? I'm using AmiTCP and it's online and working with other apps.
Old 31 May 2016, 23:53   #7
liviux76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglider 2 View Post
Hi, did you find a fix specifically for the 'cannot find bsdsocket.library' issue with SimpleMail? I'm using AmiTCP and it's online and working with other apps.
I have been using simplemail with easynet pro for at least 6 months, now. I've never had any problems, which version are you using?

UPDATE:
Just checked, I am using simplemail 0.41 (24-12-14)

Last edited by liviux76; 01 June 2016 at 00:12.
Old 01 June 2016, 00:19   #8
Starglider 2

I have to use 0.12 alpha in an A500. I'm using amitcp with plipbox. Very special use case. See my other thread 😉

Cheers!
Old 01 June 2016, 00:24   #9
liviux76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglider 2 View Post
I have to use 0.12 alpha in an A500. I'm using amitcp with plipbox. Very special use case. See my other thread 😉

Cheers!
Oh! Yes, now I remember... I've read something on your thread... I'm sorry I can't give you any advice about that version...