AdSense AdSense  
Old 29 March 2010, 20:00   #22
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL Send a message via Skype™ to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
Yes, just burn image and that's all.
Although burning the image will work. Its not entirely true.
You need to select the CUE file or if the image has WAV files attached to it. It will ignore them and you will be missing music / audio.
Old 29 March 2010, 22:06   #23
jotd
Cat freak

also you cannot burn on CD-RW: CD32 does not recognize them. Well, you can still burn to ISO & mount using deamon tools to test if the game works OK on WinUAE CD32 mode.
Old 10 April 2010, 07:33   #24
skwayb

What is the best brand of media to use? I have tried TDK, Verbatim and Imation. None of the discs work. I tried NERO 9.x and MagicISO 5.5. Any image I burn the drive doesn't read it. If I put a CD in the CD32 it will play it. Maybe I should buy a CD32 game off Ebay and see if it is something with the drive reading cd32 games. Thoughts?

Old 10 April 2010, 10:23   #25
jabsy
Yeah Hup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwayb View Post
What is the best brand of media to use? I have tried TDK, Verbatim and Imation. None of the discs work.

If it wont work with Verbatim then I'd be suspecting something else. Make sure you burn at the slowest speed. Try Goldenhawk's CDRWin to burn instead of Nero.
Old 10 April 2010, 11:20   #26
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Any image I burn the drive doesn't read it.
Tried another drive? Perhaps hardware problem.

Try ImgBurn. Free, light and supports most image formats.

Quote:
Make sure you burn at the slowest speed. Try Goldenhawk's CDRWin to burn instead of Nero.
"Not again". Something is very badly wrong if same drive can't read burned images and lowered speed isn't a fix. (see above replies too)

AFAIK Cdrwin was used in ancient times because it worked better than most other software Today it is not good idea, for example because it requires ASPI and ASPI has sucked since Windows NT.
Old 10 April 2010, 22:37   #27
jotd
Cat freak

I've burnt a lot of images with Nero 5 & 6 and they worked flawlessly on my CD32. Verbatim is the best (as always) but I have used low quality stuff as well and it worked.
Old 11 April 2010, 01:00   #28
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
I've burnt a lot of images with Nero 5 & 6 and they worked flawlessly on my CD32. Verbatim is the best (as always) but I have used low quality stuff as well and it worked.
I agree never ever not had a disc work, no matter what type. If problems occur then its down to the mech of laser (maybe low).
Old 12 April 2010, 19:29   #29
skwayb

Yah I tried ImgBurn and 6 different burners I have and none of them will work on my cd32. The cd32 is practically brand new. I bought it several years ago but never played with it. It still has the plastic protection on the CD Window. It plays Audio CD's fine. Just nothing I burn works on it. Think it could be a bad cd drive in it? Any ideas of how to fix it? finding an NTSC one in the states wasn't easy teh first time I looked for one.

Old 12 April 2010, 23:32   #30
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Yah I tried ImgBurn and 6 different burners I have and none of them will work on my cd32. The cd32 is practically brand new. I bought it several years ago but never played with it. It still has the plastic protection on the CD Window. It plays Audio CD's fine. Just nothing I burn works on it. Think it could be a bad cd drive in it? Any ideas of how to fix it? finding an NTSC one in the states wasn't easy teh first time I looked for one.
What happens with a store bought Music CD?
does it play fine?
does it read all tracks?

If so, then it aint going to be the mech.
Old 13 April 2010, 01:06   #31
skwayb

Plays Store bought music fine all the way out.

Initally when I first started to played with it a couple of days ago, it wouldn't go out the the farthest outside tracks and made an aweful sound. So looking at it, I saw the black wires coming from the motherboard were getting in the way. I zip tied them to the plastic mounting the cdrom is screwed into and now the wires don't get anywhere close to the mechanism. All Audio CD's play fine all the way out to the farthest outer track.

I found this site for adjusting the laser, do you think I should try that? Maybe the laser is a little out of adjustment and plays audio cd's fine but has a problem with the faster reading of the cd32 cds?

http://www.ianstedman.co.uk/Amiga/Pa...dex/index.html

Old 13 April 2010, 01:36   #32
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Certainly not.

Fedup of telling people about this, DONT ever mess with the bias, focus etc etc. It will cause you serious problems. The only adjustment that is safe to turn is the laser power pot (which is mounted on the laser), but this is only if its not reading certain disc's including store bought disc's.

If its playing Store bought CD's then its working fine. CD32 games are basically the same, except the first track is the data track.

You got any original CD32 games to try?
Old 13 April 2010, 04:03   #33
skwayb

Nope. I will try to get one off ebay. I must be burning them wrong since like you said it reads the audio cds correctly. I will try some of them in WinUAE and see if they work also.

Old 13 April 2010, 19:13   #34
skwayb

Ok all the games I burned work in UAE and the CDs boot in UAE. So not sure why they don't work on the CD32. Think I should look at that Laser POT you talked about and turning it up? I am trying to find a CD32 game on e-mail and see if it works. Could still be it doesn't like the media I am burning it too but the newer drive in my UAE machine can read it.

Old 13 April 2010, 19:30   #35
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Ok all the games I burned work in UAE and the CDs boot in UAE. So not sure why they don't work on the CD32. Think I should look at that Laser POT you talked about and turning it up? I am trying to find a CD32 game on e-mail and see if it works. Could still be it doesn't like the media I am burning it too but the newer drive in my UAE machine can read it.
Hmmm, your comparing 2 minute old tech to 20 year old tech. Testing in winuae is not a test.

It could also be as you say, you have really cheap media, what if you hold the disc up to the light, can you see through it?
Old 14 April 2010, 01:01   #36
skwayb

Thanks FOL for the help.

I'll see if I can get some differnet media. Like you said it is probably the culprit. I already tried TDK, Verbatum, Imagtion, and a Sony disc. All of them kind of look translucent except the verbatium that is dark blue.

AdSense AdSense