English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 16 December 2010, 11:37   #1041
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
@Oliver_A

Anything we can do to help with regards to the software, please let us know :-)
You are free to contact me when you have any suggestions or bug reports. Your help is always highly appreciated, but it doesn't help if we both end up with wasted efforts due to lack of communication and coordination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
... And I was thinking there was none !!!!... I think I have to search more smilies... perhaps the german amiga board....
Right now, there is no GUI since it wasn't finished in time. Both Jens and me dedicated all of our work time in testing the ACA 1230 and ACA 630 the last few weeks.

But I'm pretty sure that you can manage to insert a

acatune -maprom * -cache on -burst on >NIL:

to your startup-sequence while waiting for the GUI.

Last edited by TCD; 16 December 2010 at 11:45. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Use multi-quote.
Old 16 December 2010, 12:06   #1042
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I still have time. Here in Spain the day of the christmas presents is january, the 6th. We celebrate the arrival of the Three Wise Kings

Last edited by Retrofan; 17 December 2010 at 01:50.
Old 16 December 2010, 12:55   #1043
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
We are in advance, gifts day is December 24th.
Old 16 December 2010, 13:06   #1044
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Santa Claus Reindeer would die here with so much hot in the Canary Islands. The Kings come with their camels... much better

Last edited by Retrofan; 16 December 2010 at 22:26.
Old 16 December 2010, 14:54   #1045
CU_AMiGA
Banned

ACA bootup issue

damn it! i got a ffeling either my a1200 motherboard is broken or my psu is screwed. as i keep getting graphical scrambled errors after a while whilst using the aca. but when i use the b1230 i dont get that - although something doesnt seem "right". will have to panic buy i think before its too late! >
Old 16 December 2010, 15:12   #1046
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
It is needeed to try in another A1200 then.
Old 16 December 2010, 15:28   #1047
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CU_AMiGA View Post
damn it! i got a ffeling either my a1200 motherboard is broken or my psu is screwed. as i keep getting graphical scrambled errors after a while whilst using the aca. but when i use the b1230 i dont get that - although something doesnt seem "right". will have to panic buy i think before its too late! >
Odd, we tested them on as many mobo revs as we could (including our own A1200's), which we brought into work for testing these cards.

We wanted to test them on a range of mobo revisions, before shipping them. As sometimes, different revs act in different ways.

Can you give more info on your exact setup?
Have you tried changing some of the settings via ACATune?
Are you using a custom ROM File?
Old 16 December 2010, 16:04   #1048
CU_AMiGA
Banned

hi it does it with or without acatune. (even on the early startup screen). i believe that i have conbfigured acatune properly using someones settings earlier in this thread. surprising it is just the workbench/amiga gui/os that does this. if i run doom or a whdload game it works fine! lol it runs doom very well! i have a feeling its the psu or maybe the a1200 mobo. so i will rebuy both and see wot happens. i imagine this accelerator taxes this setup to the max (especially memory). i have a a1200 with the aca and a 4gb 2.5" hd so not that much power being drawn!

mobo is rev 1d4

Last edited by TCD; 16 December 2010 at 16:20. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use the edit function.
Old 16 December 2010, 16:22   #1049
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
mobo is rev 1d4
I was testing on 1D4, all boards my end were fine.
The final tests were done on my own A1200, which is a 1B.

Most people here know how much I have jammed in my A1200, but all tests were done using a stock white Amiga PSU.

Whats your exact setup?
Old 16 December 2010, 16:56   #1050
Paul_s

Sounds like a possible issue with WB configuration perhaps?
Old 16 December 2010, 17:02   #1051
CU_AMiGA
Banned

it happens on early startup screen too
Old 16 December 2010, 17:09   #1052
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
it happens on early startup screen too
What is your exact hardware setup?
Old 16 December 2010, 18:45   #1053
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

We tested all cards thorougly on the following mainboard revisions:

1B
1D
1D1
1D4
2B

The ACA1230-56 is permanently installed in my development A1200, which is revision 1D4, which has run hundreds of hours with this card, without any single crash and glitch. On the German Amiga board, people already installed and ran their card without any problems.

So we really need to know:

1. What exact Os revision are you running? Both Kickstart and Workbench.
2. Do you run any system patches on startup? If yes, what patches?
3. What does the ACATune tool say on CLI, if you type acatune -status. Does it recognize the card?
4. Aside from the ACA1230, do you have any other expansions installed in your A1200?
5. How much Ampere does your power supply provide? We tested all cards with 3A power supplies.
6. If you have a digital camera, please post a picture of the glitches.
7. Are there any leaked capacitors on your A1200 mainboard? Look careful, since it can be easily overlooked. If you don't know what to look for, provide us with a high resolution photo of the mainboard, if possible.

We can only help you if you shed some light into the vagueness. Blind panic actions don't solve anything, they only create problems.

Try to pull the card a little bit (maybe 1-2mm) from the mainboard away, since it may be possible that the connector has become a bit dirty from using the Blizzard 1230.

If that doesn't help, try to run your Amiga only with the ACA1230 installed. That includes disconnecting the harddisc. Do the glitches still occur on Early Startup?

Does your Amiga boot without any accelerator? Maybe the on-board CPU is broken (I had such an Amiga in my hands, which only booted with accelerator).

Last edited by Oliver_A; 16 December 2010 at 19:34.
Old 16 December 2010, 19:07   #1054
Photon

CU_Amiga, could you start a prb.Hardware thread? I subscribe to this to hear delivery-news from Amigakit, Jens, Vesalia etc. It belongs in a thread related to your accelerator, in my opinion. Then you and I both won't be drowned in spam (boobie smiley spam!).
Old 16 December 2010, 19:41   #1055
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Yep, new thread created. If someone has a better name, please let me know.
I wouldn't have noticed this split-up if I hadn't read CU_AMIGA's request for help in the original thread before the split. Now we (which I mean: Jens, amigakit and me) all have to swap between two different threads to get precious feedback from the users.

Last edited by Oliver_A; 16 December 2010 at 19:48.
Old 16 December 2010, 19:54   #1056
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Will post a redirect next time. I think it's better to have a seperate thread for CU_Amiga's problem, as the other thread is quite long already. Guess it might turn out useful for other people as well.
Old 16 December 2010, 20:03   #1057
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

Quote:
Will post a redirect next time. I think it's better to have a seperate thread for CU_Amiga's problem, as the other thread is quite long already. Guess it might turn out useful for other people as well.
Then be prepared to do quite a lot of manual work, because the original thread was already established for quite a few months as a direct communication platform between the developers, dealers and end users, who probably need some startup-advice for this brand new product. Shall everyone open a new thread now, considerably slowing down this help-process because we might lose the general view of all things related to our products?

I don't think this is being productive at this VERY EARLY stage in the lifecycle of this product. Therefore, I am kindly asking you in a most respectful manner to undo this split.

Last edited by Oliver_A; 16 December 2010 at 20:10.
Old 16 December 2010, 20:13   #1058
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Okay, moved back. Some thoughts though : This is a news thread and technical problems don't belong here. I will keep it as it is, but at a certain point you should consider to create a support thread on your own then.
Old 16 December 2010, 20:27   #1059
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

Quote:
Okay, moved back. Some thoughts though : This is a news thread and technical problems don't belong here. I will keep it as it is, but at a certain point you should consider to create a support thread on your own then.
Thank you, that sounds fair enough.
Old 16 December 2010, 22:02   #1060
r0jaws
Amibay fanboi

What's the status of the ACA630's? They are showing overdue on the status page on AmigaKit. It would be nice to know, so that I can apply a re-direct if needed as we are away for Christmas.