English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 25 November 2019, 23:13   #321
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I'd add to that and say the Populous series also
I actually played populous quite a lot. It was actually fairly simple.
Old 25 November 2019, 23:16   #322
Mikerochip

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippyM View Post
I actually played populous quite a lot. It was actually fairly simple.

Was it just raise and lower land?

I only remember doing that. making everything flat, so my little guys built houses.
Old 25 November 2019, 23:20   #323
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerochip View Post
Was it just raise and lower land?

I only remember doing that. making everything flat, so my little guys built houses.
The raising and lowering land is the majority, but not the whole game. The strategy came in getting your people to grow.. Make land flat and they build a hut.. The more lsnd the bigger the building.. Watch the flag on each building.. As the number of peeps in it increase the flag raises.. When it gets high raise the land and they'll leave, and go find more land.. This increasing population increases mana, which in turn the player can use against the opponent in the form of natural disasters etc..
Old 25 November 2019, 23:36   #324
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponx031277 View Post
Armageddon + Carrier Command.

Because i had copy versions of both and no instructions i didn't have a clue how to play either. Just used to like flying around on them until i crashed or was shot down.
I not only enjoyed playing Carrier Command, but actually completed it! If I remember, it was the full campaign mode, and all I did was sail north of the starting island, wait until the enemy carrier arrived where I was, and then quickly returned and assaulted it with planes and amphibious vehicles until it sank. I then spent most of the time sailing to all the enemy islands and capturing them all. Aside from one moment where I nearly ended up stranded and out of fuel between islands, it was plain sailing (sorry). I figured this was the best and easiest way to complete the game.
Old 26 November 2019, 20:15   #325
xubidoo

Populous for sure , followed by Powermonger,Theatre of death ,but didnt try that hard tbh

Old 26 November 2019, 23:31   #326
Mikerochip

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippyM View Post
The raising and lowering land is the majority, but not the whole game. The strategy came in getting your people to grow.. Make land flat and they build a hut.. The more lsnd the bigger the building.. Watch the flag on each building.. As the number of peeps in it increase the flag raises.. When it gets high raise the land and they'll leave, and go find more land.. This increasing population increases mana, which in turn the player can use against the opponent in the form of natural disasters etc..

Ahh. OK. I always got to the loads of buildings stage, and had little flags.
I always wondered what to do next.
I did see my little people fighting, but I never knew how to make them fight.
(Note, I didn't actually have the manual, back when, and recently got it for free from Origin, and have been playing it on and off this year. I'm sure that version came with a manual, but, I didn't actually read it ... )
Old 26 November 2019, 23:33   #327
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerochip View Post
Ahh. OK. I always got to the loads of buildings stage, and had little flags.
I always wondered what to do next.
I did see my little people fighting, but I never knew how to make them fight.
(Note, I didn't actually have the manual, back when, and recently got it for free from Origin, and have been playing it on and off this year. I'm sure that version came with a manual, but, I didn't actually read it ... )
Nobody reads manuals ha ha