English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 27 September 2013, 17:06   #41
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reters View Post
Thanks for the clarification.
That is my copy of the game Whizz is original?
Yes looks original imo and Flair did reuse PC boxes on their later releases, how many copies got released is unknown, or if only a few review copies got pressed...either way its one of the rarer CD32 games.
Old 27 September 2013, 19:10   #42
Reters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Yes looks original imo and Flair did reuse PC boxes on their later releases, how many copies got released is unknown, or if only a few review copies got pressed...either way its one of the rarer CD32 games.
great I'm very happy
Now my question is how to get the International Open Golf
Old 01 February 2014, 17:04   #43
Reters

Hello
I have in my collection oscar game without diggers edition very rare.

If any of you know how much it might be worth the edition?
Old 16 February 2014, 21:30   #44
Amigajay

Not that much, one sold on ebay recently for £18 i think someone said in another thread, Oscar and Diggers stand alone aren't that rare and hence not worth that much.
Old 17 February 2014, 03:03   #45
MethodGit

On the contrary, Oscar standalone and Diggers standalone are humungously rare.

For years I've been diving in and out of the Oscar eBay search pool, wading through the deluge of Oscar+Diggers Compilation CDs hoping to see the two seperated from one another every now and then. Just got to hope such sellers don't attempt to have a laugh with their asking price!
Old 17 February 2014, 13:46   #46
Reters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit View Post
On the contrary, Oscar standalone and Diggers standalone are humungously rare.

For years I've been diving in and out of the Oscar eBay search pool, wading through the deluge of Oscar+Diggers Compilation CDs hoping to see the two seperated from one another every now and then. Just got to hope such sellers don't attempt to have a laugh with their asking price!

I agree, and I know that the game is very sought after by collectors.
Thanks for the help
Old 17 February 2014, 14:44   #47
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Quote:
I agree, and I know that the game is very sought after by collectors.
Thanks for the help
Would you be willing to sell it for £3000?

Oops, I meant 300 Polish złoty!

Last edited by Steve; 17 February 2014 at 14:56.
Old 17 February 2014, 16:48   #48
Reters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Would you be willing to sell it for £3000?

Oops, I meant 300 Polish złoty!
He,he
Unfortunately PLN 300 is too low offer(sory)

Here is the link to the auction
There is a large interest in the game.
Today I have three proposal, if it does not sell discuss them after the end of the auction.
Old 17 February 2014, 20:07   #49
MethodGit

Ah, that auction. There's already a thread about it on here.

I can only hope that whoever does get it will be kind enough to dump it for the community and receive the subsequent kudos. It'd be great to get one step closer to preserving the complete CD³² catalogue.
Old 17 February 2014, 22:18   #50
Amigajay

Exactly, it went for $17 only a month ago http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oscar-Video-...p2047675.l2557yes it is hard to find, but the term rare is overused, so to have two in a month is hardly 'rare' and no offence the auction price of £250 is plain ridiculous and another example of people cashing in on what they think is rare.
Old 17 February 2014, 22:28   #51
MethodGit

Quote:
Exactly, it went for $17 only a month ago http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oscar-Video-...p2047675.l2557yes it is hard to find, but the term rare is overused, so to have two in a month is hardly 'rare' and no offence the auction price of £250 is plain ridiculous and another example of people cashing in on what they think is rare.
I do apologise if I overused the term 'rare' before, but I must admit it's frustrating that this game hardly turns up on eBay either way without having Diggers attached to it like some conjoined twin.

Something tells me Oscar, Diggers and for that matter Whizz really sold piss-poor units on their own, and had to rely wholly on the pack-in status to spread about.
Old 17 February 2014, 22:46   #52
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit View Post
I do apologise if I overused the term 'rare' before, but I must admit it's frustrating that this game hardly turns up on eBay either way without having Diggers attached to it like some conjoined twin.

Something tells me Oscar, Diggers and for that matter Whizz really sold piss-poor units on their own, and had to rely wholly on the pack-in status to spread about.
Sorry wasn't having a go! The reason why is because its ntsc only release along with Diggers that had a seperate ntsc release, they must be Canadian discs as no CD32 release happened in the US, so you wont find any Pal versions, and hence why most oscar and diggers are the pal pack-in releases on ebay.
But as stated they do turn up now and again, and as posted above only a couple of weeks ago there was a copy sold much cheaper than the one on there now trying to cash in on the 'mega, hyper, rare' crap that annoys the hell out of me! Keep on waiting and checking, its more fun to wait and buy cheap than to pay over the odds for something that will just sit on a shelf!
Old 18 February 2014, 00:21   #53
Reters

Quote:
Sorry wasn't having a go! The reason why is because its ntsc only release along with Diggers that had a seperate ntsc release, they must be Canadian discs as no CD32 release happened in the US, so you wont find any Pal versions, and hence why most oscar and diggers are the pal pack-in releases on ebay.
But as stated they do turn up now and again, and as posted above only a couple of weeks ago there was a copy sold much cheaper than the one on there now trying to cash in on the 'mega, hyper, rare' crap that annoys the hell out of me! Keep on waiting and checking, its more fun to wait and buy cheap than to pay over the odds for something that will just sit on a shelf!
But it does not matter if the game is ntsc or pal. The game is hard to come by and this is most important!! Whizz have in your collection as one of the few and also bought for pennies and it was an opportunity. Your reasoning I have this Whizz sell for pennies because I bought it.
Special price is so high, and I know that for this price can not sell and therefore got different proposals. And there is great interest in the game.

This is a very difficult to find a game and every true collector will tell you. And do not laugh at this because you are wrong.
Old 18 February 2014, 00:30   #54
Amigajay

Quote:
But it does not matter if the game is ntsc or pal. The game is hard to come by and this is most important!! Whizz have in your collection as one of the few and also bought for pennies and it was an opportunity. Your reasoning I have this Whizz sell for pennies because I bought it.
Special price is so high, and I know that for this price can not sell and therefore got different proposals. And there is great interest in the game.

This is a very difficult to find a game and every true collector will tell you. And do not laugh at this because you are wrong.
I didn't understand half of that, but anyway the reason why it hasn't sold is because its too high! The same reason other CD32 games selling for £150-£250 don't sell is because people are trying to rip them off and they know it.
As i said before, there was a copy only two weeks ago on ebay for £10..... now what makes your copy worth £240 more than that copy? Nothing, just greed.
Old 18 February 2014, 00:43   #55
Reters

Quote:
I didn't understand half of that, but anyway the reason why it hasn't sold is because its too high! The same reason other CD32 games selling for £150-£250 don't sell is because people are trying to rip them off and they know it.
As i said before, there was a copy only two weeks ago on ebay for £10..... now what makes your copy worth £240 more than that copy? Nothing, just greed.
What greed!!?

I can sell it for $ 5 as I will have more choices.
on the margins had three proposals and the highest is 150 euros I do not write but I can see that the council could not...
you are wrong mate and even cauterize will tell you,I just asked him to.
Old 18 February 2014, 00:45   #56
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

And if you are a really Amiga community friend: Create a CD Image, sell your Game via eBay and release then this CD Image. All are happy. Win-Win.
Old 18 February 2014, 00:48   #57
Reters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
And if you are a really Amiga community friend: Create a CD Image, sell your Game via eBay and release then this CD Image. All are happy. Win-Win.

Cool that you moved this topic.
This morning I had the same question and I threw the game picture.
Oscar

but I can not read such allegations I can even put a price £5000 and if no one buys this is my problem and my business.
Old 18 February 2014, 00:51   #58
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

A Clone CD Image? Nice, but you should post the needed .ccd file too.
Old 18 February 2014, 00:57   #59
Reters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
A Clone CD Image? Nice, but you should post the needed .ccd file too.
.ccd

I hope that everything is okay, sory but the first time I'm doing it
Old 18 February 2014, 01:02   #60
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Now all this nonsense talk should stop. Thanks for the dumped game. Oscar CD32 (if the dump is error free) preserved.