English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 05 October 2008, 23:33   #481
Rixa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_A View Post
@Rixa and all other WB3.1/3.5/3.9 users: PLEASE CHECK IF THIS UPDATE CORRECTS ALL ERRORS IN INTERLACED MODES!
I did a quick check and it does indeed seem to fix the interlacing error. The config tool also looks better

A slight concern though.. what happens if I run the config using the 3.1 ROM as usual and then WHDLoad something that kicks up a 3.0 ROM and for example a DBLPAL:High Res Laced screen? I'm not sure there actually is anything like that, but it would get the error then wouldn't it? I'm assuming that PAL and NTSC laced continue to be fine like they were before.
Old 06 October 2008, 00:11   #482
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo100 View Post
That wasn't well thought out then? Why not make it work in both, surely it wouldn't have been diffcult?
Yes it would. Not only did it have to avoid obstructions on both motherboards but it also had to be shaped to allow other upgrades to fit also.
Old 06 October 2008, 00:20   #483
NovaCoder

Quote:
Because we are lazy, and not interested at all in the additional customers an all-in-one solution would have provided.

But seriously, since Indivision AGA is selling really well, we are already planning to adapt the design for other Amiga models.
Cool, that's great news for the non-1200 crowd
Old 06 October 2008, 14:17   #484
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

The final V1.2 Update is now online:

http://siliconsonic.de/t/bin/Indivision_Config_V099.lha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixa View Post
I did a quick check and it does indeed seem to fix the interlacing error. The config tool also looks better
Good.

Quote:
A slight concern though.. what happens if I run the config using the 3.1 ROM as usual and then WHDLoad something that kicks up a 3.0 ROM and for example a DBLPAL:High Res Laced screen? I'm not sure there actually is anything like that, but it would get the error then wouldn't it?
Yes, then it would get the error. I'm afraid there is no way around it. However, I don't think that there is 1 single WHDLOAD game which uses this kind of config. What classic AMIGA game REQUIRES to work in 640*1024???

Quote:
I'm assuming that PAL and NTSC laced continue to be fine like they were before.
Even a bit better, I also fixed a small timing issue when using custom timing in PAL/NTSC, and I also corrected a small mistake in the scanline emulation.

Now let's see where those startup problems come from...
Old 06 October 2008, 22:13   #485
TheCorfiot
Amibay Senior Staff

Quote:
The final V1.2 Update is now online:

http://siliconsonic.de/t/bin/Indivision_Config_V099.lha

Now let's see where those startup problems come from...

Oliver

Many Thanks for the update & thanks for looking into the Reset issue

Best Regards
TC
Old 07 October 2008, 17:42   #486
Charlie
. . Mouse . .

Marvellous! My thanks
Old 07 October 2008, 18:09   #487
Rixa

Quote:
I don't think that there is 1 single WHDLOAD game which uses this kind of config. What classic AMIGA game REQUIRES to work in 640*1024???
Yeah, I guess it was quite artificial a scenario.

I just flashed the 1.2 final, thanks for that. Do you know how many flashes the chips can take? Enough not to worry about?
Old 08 October 2008, 14:34   #488
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixa View Post
Yeah, I guess it was quite artificial a scenario.

I just flashed the 1.2 final, thanks for that. Do you know how many flashes the chips can take? Enough not to worry about?
The guaranteed lifetime is 100.000 writecycles, so nothing to worry about. No reason to quit your job and spending your whole life on reflashing the chip to test its limits.
Old 08 October 2008, 21:24   #489
xc8
no c= no fun

Quote:
The guaranteed lifetime is 100.000 writecycles, so nothing to worry about. No reason to quit your job and spending your whole life on reflashing the chip to test its limits.
guys don't worry about the flash chips.. I have an Axim x51v and I flashed its ROM
over a 50-60 times (rom experiements.. LOL)
Old 09 October 2008, 12:09   #490
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

Don't get me wrong & I'm not trying to be the guy that complains all the time, but latest firmware gave me the most trouble.

When I opened one folder there was some scaling?/tearing? not sure of the correct term, but certain lines trying to tear across the screen. If I opened more than two folders there were ghost boxes popping in & out and the other thing I mentioned was much, much worse.

All this happened whichever screenmode I chose.

Gone back to the original firmware again & it's certainly the most stable so far when using workbench (or package installs over it).

Thanks heaps though...we all love the fact that this product has such ongoing support & that you guys are trying to make it even better with new firmware...it's just that I'm currently finding the first to be the most stable on my own A1200.

PZ.
Old 09 October 2008, 15:14   #491
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerlickin_B View Post
When I opened one folder there was some scaling?/tearing? not sure of the correct term, but certain lines trying to tear across the screen. If I opened more than two folders there were ghost boxes popping in & out and the other thing I mentioned was much, much worse.

So it gets worse every time a disc access is in progress? My suggestion is that the power supply is too weak. On www.a1k.org, we had a user with a similar problem, which he cured by using a stronger power supply. Can you post the specifications of your power supply and your configuration here?
Old 09 October 2008, 23:52   #492
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

Quote:
So it gets worse every time a disc access is in progress? My suggestion is that the power supply is too weak. On www.a1k.org, we had a user with a similar problem, which he cured by using a stronger power supply. Can you post the specifications of your power supply and your configuration here?
At work right now, so not sure of the specs, but it's a PC unit...will check tonight.

PZ.
Old 10 October 2008, 09:21   #493
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

Hi Oliver, I checked & it is 230 watts.

PZ.
Old 13 October 2008, 21:12   #494
cv643d

Hi,

I gave it a search but did not find anything. I friend on my MSN tries to flash his Indivision but he get the following error in the flash tool "Indivision aga not found"

Also, the config tool does not work. I can not inspect his hardware config etc.

Thanks!

Last edited by cv643d; 13 October 2008 at 21:30.
Old 14 October 2008, 00:24   #495
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv643d View Post
Hi,

I gave it a search but did not find anything. I friend on my MSN tries to flash his Indivision but he get the following error in the flash tool "Indivision aga not found"

Also, the config tool does not work. I can not inspect his hardware config etc.

Thanks!
Sounds like it's not installed properly, turn the power off and make sure the chip-clip is securely attached to the Lisa. Easy test….if you turn the 1200 upside down and it falls off, it's not securely attached
Old 14 October 2008, 21:54   #496
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Hmmm my indivision is working, however the config tool seems to crash and the flash tool states that no Indivision has been found. I am using version 1.2E

Is there a recovery disk?
Old 15 October 2008, 20:45   #497
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
I am still having this problem. The Indivision is fully secure on Lisa. PSU is 100%.

I emailed Individual computers and PMed Qliver.A. Hopefully they will have a recovery suggestion.
Old 15 October 2008, 23:15   #498
cv643d

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
Sounds like it's not installed properly, turn the power off and make sure the chip-clip is securely attached to the Lisa. Easy test….if you turn the 1200 upside down and it falls off, it's not securely attached
Yes, exactly you where 100% right, his Indivision was not secured properly (which explains why he got crazy colors sometimes), thanks!
Old 18 October 2008, 19:42   #499
Charlie
. . Mouse . .

Still no supply issues then!

Idle curiosity - How are these quality-controlled?

Imagine the poor ho' of an A1200 that's already had a couple of hundred Indy's inside it...
...must be quite worn by now.
Old 18 October 2008, 23:17   #500
TheCorfiot
Amibay Senior Staff

@Charlie

Just as well it's LISA otherwise the QC dept would be a SLACK ALICE outfit.

TC