English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 12 April 2008, 20:00   #1
bLAZER
Awesome to the max

bLAZER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gothenburg / Sweden
Age: 42
Posts: 964
BZR Player - a new music player for Win

Hi all,

I've created a new musicplayer for Windows that can play about 40 different formats.

Some format highlighs:
MOD (most of them, ST15,Noisetracker etc.)
Future Composer
C64 SID
NSF (Nintendo)
SPC (Super Nintendo)
and a lot others...

The program looks like crap and hardly has any features at all, but I will of course make it better.

Get it at: http://bzrplayer.blazer.nu/

Last edited by BippyM; 25 July 2010 at 14:41.
bLAZER is offline  
Old 12 April 2008, 20:14   #2
Ironclaw
Banned
Ironclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ...
Age: 40
Posts: 3,313
Why download this when there is deliplayer?
Ironclaw is offline  
Old 12 April 2008, 20:22   #3
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Belgarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Manchester
Posts: 2,392
Because deliplayer is pretty crap and is no longer being developed?
Because competition is always a good thing?

Belgarath is offline  
Old 12 April 2008, 20:38   #4
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

turrican3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: belgium
Age: 42
Posts: 3,335
IT works very well for me
turrican3 is offline  
Old 12 April 2008, 22:07   #5
Ironclaw
Banned
Ironclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ...
Age: 40
Posts: 3,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post
Because deliplayer is pretty crap and is no longer being developed?
Because competition is always a good thing?

Not good enough really.
Ironclaw is offline  
Old 12 April 2008, 22:09   #6
Graham Humphrey
Moderator
Graham Humphrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Age: 32
Posts: 11,047
Well no-one's forcing you to use it. Just because you prefer Deliplayer doesn't mean everyone else has to.
Graham Humphrey is offline  
Old 12 April 2008, 22:24   #7
Ironclaw
Banned
Ironclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ...
Age: 40
Posts: 3,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Well no-one's forcing you to use it. Just because you prefer Deliplayer doesn't mean everyone else has to.
I don't prefer deliplayer, I just mentioned it's existance. I prefer WinAMP, it can play those formats too, it's smaller and faster and it can stream to mp3 without having to register (unlike deliplayer where you have to register). WinAMP ftw!.
Ironclaw is offline  
Old 12 April 2008, 23:34   #8
bLAZER
Awesome to the max

bLAZER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gothenburg / Sweden
Age: 42
Posts: 964
What kind of attitude is that? You know every person on this planet doesn't have the same taste in everything...
bLAZER is offline  
Old 13 April 2008, 00:03   #9
frsoldier
Registered User
frsoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Milan - Italy
Age: 38
Posts: 124
thank you for the player Blazer
frsoldier is offline  
Old 13 April 2008, 00:35   #10
bLAZER
Awesome to the max

bLAZER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gothenburg / Sweden
Age: 42
Posts: 964
And thank you for trying it
bLAZER is offline  
Old 13 April 2008, 01:26   #11
Ironclaw
Banned
Ironclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ...
Age: 40
Posts: 3,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLAZER View Post
What kind of attitude is that? You know every person on this planet doesn't have the same taste in everything...
Well, it's not about taste, but functionality and compability, those 2 players does it all, so why would one want to use another one that is not even completed or can play even 5% of the formats the other ones can?I'm not meaning to be rude or anything, I just state my mind. Of course it's great people make new programs and share them, it's nice. I'm just stating facts.
Ironclaw is offline  
Old 13 April 2008, 01:56   #12
Graham Humphrey
Moderator
Graham Humphrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Age: 32
Posts: 11,047
Have you actually tried it out?
Graham Humphrey is offline  
Old 13 April 2008, 02:02   #13
bLAZER
Awesome to the max

bLAZER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gothenburg / Sweden
Age: 42
Posts: 964
Your facts are not accurate though:

Delplayer plays 230 formats. My program plays 51. Thats 22%

Deliplayer doesn't play a lot of the formats my program can.

Deliplayer has ceased to develope (and doesn't work well in Vista for example)

My program is far from finished.

Winamp is bloat.

For example, why is there about one gazillion text editors?
bLAZER is offline  
Old 13 April 2008, 02:12   #14
Ironclaw
Banned
Ironclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ...
Age: 40
Posts: 3,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLAZER View Post
Your facts are not accurate though:

Delplayer plays 230 formats. My program plays 51. Thats 22%

Deliplayer doesn't play a lot of the formats my program can.

Deliplayer has ceased to develope (and doesn't work well in Vista for example)

My program is far from finished.

Winamp is bloat.

For example, why is there about one gazillion text editors?
I just threw out a number there as the amount of formats you can play is low compared to deliplayer.

I have Vista and deliplayer works fine.

I think deliplayer supports all formats your player can play.

Deliplayer not being in development doesn't make it a reason why people shouldnt use it, it currently is the best player imo.

If people have problems with it is probably because they have a messed up system.

Till your program is finished or matches the superiority of deliplayer, don't diss it.

There's alot of text editors cause they are easy to make, very easy... and most of them trying to have something new and improved other don't have... that's why.... yours brobably doesn't have anything new so far... but you have to begin somewhere I guess.

WinAMP owns, many people only think it can play mp3s lol, and I use the 275 version which is super old as latest is too big, slow and lame... 275 ftw!...

Last edited by Ironclaw; 13 April 2008 at 02:19.
Ironclaw is offline  
Old 13 April 2008, 02:23   #15
bLAZER
Awesome to the max

bLAZER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gothenburg / Sweden
Age: 42
Posts: 964
I'm not gonna continue this argument as it's pretty pointless arguing about why I choose to develop a free program.
bLAZER is offline  
Old 13 April 2008, 16:21   #16
cronos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Melbourne/Australia
Age: 41
Posts: 62
I remember reading similar reaction when a developer decided to release WookieChat. People said that there is no need for another IRC client, because at the time, the Amiga already had the best IRC client, Amirc.

I enjoy seeing new developers, because I like to try something different, and I prefer to see active development. Who doesn't?

Multiplayer is obviously in early stages; way too early to compare against Deliplayer, etc. Also, Deliplayer wasn't created over night. It seems that Blazer's main concern is to get the core working first rather than create something visually impressive that doesn't do anything.

Keep up the good development Blazer..
cronos is offline  
Old 13 April 2008, 16:28   #17
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Hungry Horace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .
Age: 37
Posts: 2,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLAZER View Post
I'm not gonna continue this argument as it's pretty pointless arguing about why I choose to develop a free program.
Ironclaw also beleives all real amigas should be destroyed to make way for WinUAE. i wouldnt worry about such an opinion.... you'll only get told you are wrong, whatever you say.


Even though i am unlikely to use it right now (i dont even use deliplayer though) i'm still interested in this development. Make sure you keep up the good work Blazer, many will deservedly thank you for it.


out of interest, what are you coding with? any chance of portability at some stage? OSX desperately needs a player that can handle MED without screwing up the octaves....
Hungry Horace is offline  
Old 13 April 2008, 17:04   #18
bLAZER
Awesome to the max

bLAZER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gothenburg / Sweden
Age: 42
Posts: 964
Thanks for the encouragement guys.

I'm using FMOD as sound engine and QT for GUI . Coding in c++. Both these libraries are platform independent. So sure, it's not impossible to port it to other platforms in the future, it's mostly about compiling a lot of stuff (all the FMOD plugins I created too).
bLAZER is offline  
Old 13 April 2008, 17:09   #19
kriz
Junior Member
kriz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: No(R)Way
Age: 36
Posts: 2,451
choices is good!! And what about support DBM (Digibooster files) ?
kriz is offline  
Old 13 April 2008, 18:00   #20
BippyM
Registered User

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Nottingham, UK
Age: 43
Posts: 8,717
THANKS bLAZER.. I am looking forward to this having support for all the differing amiga formats

Will be nice to not use WinUAE
BippyM is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Music player with Batman glr Looking for a game name ? 2 04 January 2012 15:02
Amiga music player on PC moriez Amiga scene 37 24 October 2010 03:06
Best music player quantum112 support.Apps 9 06 January 2010 10:59
FAT Player MikMod v5 (amiga mod player for Nintendo DS) spajdr Amiga scene 0 14 August 2008 22:55
New Amiga Music Player Ian Amiga scene 1 08 October 2001 21:19

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.10472 seconds with 14 queries